Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Apr 12, 2017 at 11:14 PM Post #4,711 of 7,140
Japanese tea shootout (with other tasty items), with Layla, UEPRR, RBH Sound EP2 (favorite of their series I listened to) and QP1R in tow:

Apr 12, 2017 at 11:31 PM Post #4,712 of 7,140
Favorite tasting green tea, 1st to 4th, from left to right:

Now listening to the Layla with bass pots at max, watching the UFC 210 conference highlights, eating ramen.

Apr 13, 2017 at 9:19 AM Post #4,713 of 7,140
@moedawg140 You owe it to yourself to use the 8-wire SP OCC silver litz version of this cable with your Laylas.  You can't imagine how good they will sound.  I own this cable and it is well worth the exorbitant price.

https://doublehelixcables.com/product/symbiote-elite-occ-silver-litz-iem-cable-for-jh-sirens-series/

Apr 13, 2017 at 11:30 AM Post #4,714 of 7,140
Apr 13, 2017 at 11:46 AM Post #4,715 of 7,140
The picture of the recommended cable doesn't show the adjustable bass pots; does the cable come with adjustable bass pots?

It looks like Peter stopped using the stock JH Audio bass pot for something he thinks is better.  [I'm not sure that was a wise move.]  He does offer an adjustable option, but it is different (and maybe more of a hassle) than what you're accustomed to using.  Maybe he would still make a cable with the stock bass pot if you ask.  I suggest emailing Peter with questions or requests for clarification. doublehelixcables@gmail.com

Here is the complete answer your question (from the site):

In early October we will have the all-new Eidolic JH Sirens Series connectors in stock.  These are custom designed from the bottom up with all beadblast aluminum barrel & nut, white Eidolic logo, ultra high strength insulator, and gold-plated phosphor bronze contacts.  These are light-years ahead of any other Sirens Series connector in build quality and are standard on all new and backordered Sirens series cable orders.
No more adjustable bass controls.  The 4-pin JH standard uses over-tuned bass combined with selectable bass attenuation (a resistor or volume control) to control the bass “boost.”   With DHC, audiophile-grade resistors are hidden inside the termination plugs.  This design is our creation and sets the bass level using single, non-moving, precise part that is exactly matched between left and right channels and will never wear out or break.  The bass is set to an optimal 50% (50 ohms) setting, comparable to “12 o’clock” on the stock cable.  We can accomodate requests for more or less bass but 50% sounds best to our ears (25%, 75%, 100% bass also available – leave a note during checkout).
Modular bass control system available.  We have developed an exclusive six-wire SP OCC silver litz modular configuration that allows the bass resistors to be swapped at will.  We consider the 8-wire silver model the ultimate for minimalism & sound quality, but the 6-wire modular model makes minor compromises while allowing control of the bass.  This is ideal for if you have two or more bass preferences that you would like to choose from – and this package includes two bass adapters.  This cable comes terminated in a six pin male mini XLR, with the choice of 4-wire short-length or Ultrashort bass control adapters.  Ultrashort is ideal for ultimate home listening while the 4-wire adapters are great for use on-the-go, minimizing bulk around the DAP jack.
Choose 0%, 25%, 50%, 75%, or 100% bass levels for your adapters – just let us know in the order comments for the two bass levels and whether you want Ultrashort adapters vs. ones with a few inches of length.

Apr 13, 2017 at 11:55 AM Post #4,716 of 7,140
Thanks for the explanation, auricgoldfinger. In my opinion, I would rather have full control of the bass at all levels, instead of having to make compromises - this is what makes C/IEMs like the Layla (at least paired with the Moon Audio stock cable) so lovely to use in the first place.

Thanks for the recommendation, though. :beerchug:

Apr 13, 2017 at 12:22 PM Post #4,717 of 7,140
Thanks for the explanation, @auricgoldfinger. In my opinion, I would rather have full control of the bass at all levels, instead of having to make compromises - this is what makes C/IEMs like the Layla (at least paired with the Moon Audio stock cable) so lovely to use in the first place.

Thanks for the recommendation, though.
beerchug.gif

Understood.  I wouldn't give up the functionality, either.  I wouldn't have mentioned it if I had realized he changed the configuration of the cables last October.

That said, I'd still email him to see if he will make one with the bass pot.  He made the cables that way in the past, so he might be willing to do it on request.
Cheers! 
beerchug.gif

Apr 13, 2017 at 12:27 PM Post #4,718 of 7,140
Understood.  I wouldn't give up the functionality, either.  I wouldn't have mentioned it if I had realized he changed the configuration of the cables last October.

That said, I'd still email him to see if he will make one with the bass pot.  He made the cables that way in the past, so he might be willing to do it on request.
Cheers!  :beerchug:

I would have to listen to one at first to see if it's purchasable, as I never purchase my cables blind. Maybe if they exhibit at an upcoming CanJam I can listen to their lineup. I have their Nucleotide cable as my mod TH-X00 Mahogany (changed with E-MU Ebony cups) cable and I'm overall happy with it.

Apr 14, 2017 at 3:13 PM Post #4,720 of 7,140
Hey moedawg was your tea shootout done at a Mitsuwa market? I love them!!! And it's always the ramen bowls I'm going for :)

Yes it was! They have way more teas, but I just took a look and went for what I think I may have liked - a mix of less expensive and more expensive teas.

The ramen bowls there are legendary and the tempura at one I go to is renowned - if you are ever in the area, I'll treat you!

Apr 14, 2017 at 3:57 PM Post #4,722 of 7,140
Apr 17, 2017 at 6:28 PM Post #4,724 of 7,140
Apr 17, 2017 at 9:44 PM Post #4,725 of 7,140
Check out post #4698.

Here is the direct link: http://www.head-fi.org/t/778877/review-questyle-audio-qp1r-with-multiple-headphone-and-iem-pairings/4695#post_13417557

Users who are viewing this thread

Back