Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Apr 29, 2017 at 8:19 PM Post #4,741 of 7,140
The Shure SRH1540s with Moon Audio Silver Dragon cables, and a Questyle QP1R is damn near an out-of-body experience!

May 9, 2017 at 9:06 PM Post #4,744 of 7,140
at this time I'm trying to get to understand this new head fi environment. The whole page is confusing to me right now
The sound out of my QP1R is still great though
Totally understand what you're going through. The newest transitioned site update as of yesterday for me hasn't fixed the current fact that I cannot post, quote, reply, etcetera using the Dolphin browser on iOS.

There is also currently a limit of 25 posted photos per post, which means I cannot update my review until the limit is increased exponentially. Hopefully functionality will once again work like it did prior to the transition. I will keep a lookout as time goes on.

May 11, 2017 at 7:50 PM Post #4,746 of 7,140
Has anyone paired the Questyle QP1R with Campfire Audio Vegas? I am very curious.

May 12, 2017 at 1:43 AM Post #4,747 of 7,140
Has anyone paired the Questyle QP1R with Campfire Audio Vegas? I am very curious.
Yes, quite a very nice combination - I was able to borrow my friend's Vega for about a month. Even though I enjoyed the Vega, I personally enjoy the Andromeda more.

May 13, 2017 at 7:14 PM Post #4,748 of 7,140
Okay everyone, I am psyched! One of my favorite songs by Hellyeah, called Hell of a Time, on the album Stampede, finally sounds like it should on the Questyle QP1R with Silver Dragon Shure SRH1540 cans. Everything is finally all burned in. This song always had an annoying, rattling distortion, but now it sounds great! The Questyle dug out the details, leaving unwanted artifacts behind! HELLYEAH!

May 13, 2017 at 7:57 PM Post #4,749 of 7,140
Okay everyone, I am psyched! One of my favorite songs by Hellyeah, called Hell of a Time, on the album Stampede, finally sounds like it should on the Questyle QP1R with Silver Dragon Shure SRH1540 cans. Everything is finally all burned in. This song always had an annoying, rattling distortion, but now it sounds great! The Questyle dug out the details, leaving unwanted artifacts behind! HELLYEAH!
Thanks for the post - I added your Hellyeah song to Spotify's QP1R Playlist! I listened to a few of their songs on the album and they're good!

May 13, 2017 at 8:11 PM Post #4,750 of 7,140
Another exciting occasion...I am taking part in 64 Audio U18 Tia Fourte/Tzar tour. I actually get to listen to $3,600 in-ear-monitors on a QP1R! Yes!

May 14, 2017 at 12:38 AM Post #4,751 of 7,140
Another exciting occasion...I am taking part in 64 Audio U18 Tia Fourte/Tzar tour. I actually get to listen to $3,600 in-ear-monitors on a QP1R! Yes!
Both are pretty good paired with the QP1R - not quite my favorites with regards to overall sound compared to other IEMs that I've listed to/own, but both are good nonetheless. I was a person away from winning the Tia Fourte (there's a video of the CanJam SoCal 2017 "drawing" online if one so chooses to watch it).

I do like the sound of the the U18 Tzar more than the 4 driver Tia Fourte, so it would have been interesting if I actually won it because I would always know that the lesser priced 18 driver would have suited my tastes more than the Tia Fourte.

If we are talking about really awesome resolution (one of the best if not the best I've heard thus far from an IEM) and is pretty expensive, you should check out the Shure KSE1500. Lovely piece of kit it is.

May 14, 2017 at 8:58 AM Post #4,753 of 7,140
Both are pretty good paired with the QP1R - not quite my favorites with regards to overall sound compared to other IEMs that I've listed to/own, but both are good nonetheless. I was a person away from winning the Tia Fourte (there's a video of the CanJam SoCal 2017 "drawing" online if one so chooses to watch it).

I do like the sound of the the U18 Tzar more than the 4 driver Tia Fourte, so it would have been interesting if I actually won it because I would always know that the lesser priced 18 driver would have suited my tastes more than the Tia Fourte.

If we are talking about really awesome resolution (one of the best if not the best I've heard thus far from an IEM) and is pretty expensive, you should check out the Shure KSE1500. Lovely piece of kit it is.

I am just getting started, and I really appreciate your wisdom and input. I just watched the one video you mentioned. I believe I also saw the video of you trying on different headphones. I do love Shure products. Sometimes I like extreme detail and resolution, and other times I love bouncy and fun. I am currently thinking of the Campfire Audio Vegas as well.

Last edited:
May 14, 2017 at 9:23 AM Post #4,754 of 7,140
Hi

I haven't been following this thread for some time and as such, have a couple of questions.

Was the revision of the QP1R just related in improving the wheel's function and it there any news on a QP1R V2?

Regards

Darren

I have read in a number of places that they upgraded some circuitry. Unfortunately, I never had the original QP1R version. The click wheel seems to work well for me right now.

Last edited:
May 14, 2017 at 9:51 AM Post #4,755 of 7,140
I am just getting started, and I really appreciate your wisdom and input. I just watched the one video you mentioned. I believe I also saw the video of you trying on different headphones. I do love Shure products. Sometimes I like extreme detail and resolution, and other times I love bouncy and fun. I am currently thinking of the Campfire Audio Vegas as well.
It's all good my friend. We are all learning together! Hmm...can you send me the link of the other video, now I'm curious...

I really love Shure products as well, as my first audiophile product was the SE530. Finally got to meet some of the Shure staff at AXPONA last year and talked like we have been best buddies (they haven't posted in years but said they've read my Shure posts).

I'd like to see a few more products with different types of implemented technology, but what they have currently is still cream of the crop.

I'd listen to the Vega and the Andromeda if you can - currently my favorites in the Campfire Audio lineup. Make sure you have a good seal with the Andromeda, as creating a snug seal can be more difficult than the smaller and curvier body of the Vega.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back