Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Oct 13, 2016 at 10:14 PM Post #3,226 of 7,140
Plays just fine for me.

Oct 13, 2016 at 11:59 PM Post #3,227 of 7,140
Hi. Is the latest firmware version 1.0.7? Did anyone experience some stuttering/skipping when playing DSD files? (on firmware v1.0.7 w/ Lexar 128gb 633x)

Yes, 1.07 is the latest firmware.

Oct 14, 2016 at 3:27 PM Post #3,229 of 7,140
For anyone who's curious, the QP1R can still be charged in its case, providing the USB jack on the Belkin dock is fully extended.

Oct 14, 2016 at 3:43 PM Post #3,230 of 7,140
Also just had a brief listen to the Ak380cu at London's Indulgence audio show. It was really brief, maybe 10-15 minutes, but during that time I tried to do some A-B ing between it and my QP1R. There was only one track that we both had on our devices; Michael Jackson's Thriller in DVD. I played 30-60 second segments at a time, swapping my IEMs (Tralucent Ref1 too) each time. I volume matched as closely as I could before starting and then began with the Astell device. My first thought was that it sounded fantastic and incredibly resolving. I thought it was a definite win for the AK, but then I played the Questyle DAP and I honestly couldn't make out a difference. It sounded just as good on both devices! I did this for at least 5 minutes, backwards and forwards through the track and I couldn't choose between them.

Now bear in mind I only tested 1 track for 5 minutes at a noisy show and I didn't know how accurate my hearing is, however I left with a big smile on my face as I know that at least for me, and my hearing I have a DAP that in sound quality alone is right up there with the best of them :D

Oct 14, 2016 at 3:46 PM Post #3,231 of 7,140
Oh and I also listened to the Ether Flows with the QP1R. It drove them to loud levels in high gain and sounded lovely.

Oct 14, 2016 at 3:51 PM Post #3,232 of 7,140
Oh and I also listened to the Ether Flows with the QP1R. It drove them to loud levels in high gain and sounded lovely.

Wow, that could be my future pairing for listening to music.
Lovely? Could you tell a little more about your impression? Does it need further amping for best sq? I'm envy you, would like to get a listen to them too

Oct 14, 2016 at 4:03 PM Post #3,233 of 7,140
Lovely? Could you tell a little more about your impression? Does it need further amping for best sq? I'm envy you, would like to get a listen to them too

Full disclosure, I was only at the show for 1 hour after work. I was there to pick up the tan brown case for my QP1R from the Questyle stand.

I only had a few minutes with the Ether flows as they were closing up, so it was more of a test to see that the QP1R would even drive them. I listened first on the Schiit Lyr2 valve amp that was on the stand, then swapped over to my little Questyle DAP and to my slight surprise and pleasure it still sounded gorgeous. Now that is not to say it wouldn't sound even better with a good amp, but the QP1R was no slouch and certainly didn't disappoint.

I will be going back k tomorrow to spend the day and will try to get some more listening in.

Oct 14, 2016 at 4:32 PM Post #3,234 of 7,140
Full disclosure, I was only at the show for 1 hour after work. I was there to pick up the tan brown case for my QP1R from the Questyle stand.

I only had a few minutes with the Ether flows as they were closing up, so it was more of a test to see that the QP1R would even drive them. I listened first on the Schiit Lyr2 valve amp that was on the stand, then swapped over to my little Questyle DAP and to my slight surprise and pleasure it still sounded gorgeous. Now that is not to say it wouldn't sound even better with a good amp, but the QP1R was no slouch and certainly didn't disappoint.

I will be going back k tomorrow to spend the day and will try to get some more listening in.

Great to hear that, thanks.
Would love to hear more when you get more listening time tomorrow! Enjoy the day!

Oct 14, 2016 at 5:45 PM Post #3,235 of 7,140
It runs the Ether-C's without a problem and the Flows are real close in sensitivity. In a couple of weeks I'll know better as they will be at a meet at the end of the month. It really doesn't need a amp but the Cavalli Liquid Spark does sound awesome out of the QP1R into the C's. I'm planning on upgrading my C's to Open Flows at the end of the year unless my Christmas bonus is really good ; )

Oct 14, 2016 at 6:01 PM Post #3,236 of 7,140

I was at the show most of the day. Didn't bring anything as I was hoping it would prevent me from trying and buying! Strange logic I know! Anyway, went to the focal stand expecting lots of hype and to be disappointed. It was a bit noisier by the time I managed to try them so not the best environment. If you do go tomorrow, give them a go and see how they play out on the questyle.

Also saw the grey qp1r and briefly regretted getting the gold one :D

Oct 14, 2016 at 6:36 PM Post #3,237 of 7,140
I was at the show most of the day. Didn't bring anything as I was hoping it would prevent me from trying and buying! Strange logic I know! Anyway, went to the focal stand expecting lots of hype and to be disappointed. It was a bit noisier by the time I managed to try them so not the best environment. If you do go tomorrow, give them a go and see how they play out on the questyle.

Yes, those two focals are the other ones which I'm considering (it only will be one of them, of course).
So: any impressions on those three cans, Utopia, Elear, Flow with QP1R would be nice. (For some reason I got the feeling, that the QP1R does better in driving the flow as compared to driving the focals)

Oct 14, 2016 at 6:40 PM Post #3,238 of 7,140
One headphone that everyone should listen to if they can is the new ZMF Eikon. I listened to it at RMAF, and I can already tell it is one of my favorite wooden semi-open headphones I've listened to.

Looking forward to talking about more of the headphone in the near future.

Oct 14, 2016 at 6:48 PM Post #3,239 of 7,140

Grey all the way for me with black cover sweet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back