Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Oct 11, 2016 at 8:18 AM Post #3,196 of 7,140
  Yes. But if you change the name of the playlist, or if you create a playlist of your own, they still will appear in the QP1R as playlist1, playlist2, etc... (renamed in alphabetical order apparently. For instance if you create 2 playlist : Jazz.m3u and World.m3u, they will appear as Playlist1 and Playlist2.
And if you had a Playlist1 that existed before, they will appear as :
Jazz -> Playlist1
Playlist1 -> Playlist2
World -> Playlist3

Tricky isnt'it ?

At least this is true for the playlists in the playlist directory. And this what I observed this morning when I tried playing around with playlists.

What I don't know is what occurs with playlists created outside of the QP1R and pasted outside the Playlist QP1R directory. I don't even know if the QP1R can read them (I assume you first need to create playlists with relative paths. I will test this tonight.

But surely some head-fier here already played with playlists and the QP1R, no ?

Thanks, I'll be sure to have a play around with this.

Oct 11, 2016 at 9:24 AM Post #3,198 of 7,140
Great to see Moedawg140 at RMAF. Always a good time! Sam at Echobox was enjoying the cable collection!

beerchug.gif

Oct 11, 2016 at 9:32 AM Post #3,199 of 7,140
Great to see Moedawg140 at RMAF. Always a good time! Sam at Echobox was enjoying the cable collection!

:beerchug:

Always great to see you around, my friend!

Come to SPiN in NYC if you attend CanJam NYC in February!

Oct 11, 2016 at 9:43 AM Post #3,200 of 7,140

beerchug.gif

Always great to see you around, my friend!

Come to SPiN in NYC if you attend CanJam NYC in February!

That would be fun. Not sure atm. Axpona in April for sure!

Oct 11, 2016 at 6:58 PM Post #3,201 of 7,140
It's just a total lack of grip. Finger just skids around the wheel. I've had two QP1R's and they were both the same.

If the wheel was hardly turning (If at all), it's hard to see how the mechanicals can loosen up to allow the wheel to turn with the little grip it offers.
I rarely use the wheel myself but the wheel works pretty good without the cover now. I have had mine almost a year now. The covers do fall off pretty easy I agree. For this sound quality at the price I'll let it slide.

Oct 11, 2016 at 6:59 PM Post #3,202 of 7,140
After 2 weeks of use with my replaced unit, I can certainly say, the battery indicator is working well. There is a slightly drop, from 20% it moves down fast to zero, but overall no comparison to my experience with first unit.
Thought I wanted to let know (Not only about problems, but also about good news)

Oct 11, 2016 at 7:03 PM Post #3,203 of 7,140
After 2 weeks of use with my replaced unit, I can certainly say, the battery indicator is working well. There is a slightly drop, from 20% it moves down fast to zero, but overall no comparison to my experience with first unit.
Thought I wanted to let know (Not only about problems, but also about good news)
Good to hear that enjoy.

Oct 11, 2016 at 7:25 PM Post #3,204 of 7,140
  It's just a total lack of grip. Finger just skids around the wheel. I've had two QP1R's and they were both the same.

If the wheel was hardly turning (If at all), it's hard to see how the mechanicals can loosen up to allow the wheel to turn with the little grip it offers.

Sorry to hear that Darren. I too found mine a challenge to start with. I put it partly down to the slipperiness of the surface and a slight resistance as the new wheel settles in. I found the slipperiness less of an issue the more the slight resistance settled.

I have now also added one of the protectors I was sent, but more for the purpose of keeping the wheel un-tarnished than adding traction.

The truth is that coming from the ZX2, there are many things I don't like about the QP1R. They all pale into insignificance when I start listening to music however 
biggrin.gif

I thought the user could set the QP1R's four buttons to substitute for the wheel's functions. Am I wrong? Are there features for which I'd need to use the wheel?

Oct 11, 2016 at 7:32 PM Post #3,205 of 7,140
I thought the user could set the QP1R's four buttons to substitute for the wheel's functions. Am I wrong? Are there features for which I'd need to use the wheel?
I never use the wheel myself.

Oct 11, 2016 at 8:36 PM Post #3,206 of 7,140

I never use the wheel myself.

Neither do I.  In fact, it's impractical for me.  The buttons do everything I need.  Ignore the wheel if it bothers you guys.

Oct 11, 2016 at 9:42 PM Post #3,208 of 7,140
Hello, @moedawg140
 - Inquiring minds--well . . . mine, at least--want to know: Did you have another chance to compare the AR-M2? :)

Thanks,
Brian

I did! And also the M20 and the HEAVY brick of a DAP, the NW-WM1Z player.

I've been busy since coming back from RMAF, and I'll have a little more detailed impression of the mentioned DAPs. Long story short though, none had the clarity and none were as detailed and coherent as the QP1R, utilizing the same methods that I've used in the review to compare different DAPs.

Mentioning shotgunshane in case he is not subscribed to this thread, so he can be notified (if his notifications are set to receive mention emails) and read the post. :normal_smile :

Oct 12, 2016 at 10:05 AM Post #3,209 of 7,140
Loto Paw Gold owners
Has anyone found this dap to adequately drive the Hifiman HE 1000 to their full potential. I found that to do this with the QP1R you need to add a decent amp. The iFi micro iCAN SE has amazing power and clarity with the QP1R as a "transportable" solution but is not battery powered. I have been looking into an external 15v rechargeable for it but now a much bigger stack. If the Loto Paw Gold is really powerful enough and as good as the QP1R SQ then I would consider it as a true portable 1 box solution for driving the HEK.

Oct 12, 2016 at 11:53 AM Post #3,210 of 7,140
I did! And also the M20 and the HEAVY brick of a DAP, the NW-WM1Z player.

I've been busy since coming back from RMAF, and I'll have a little more detailed impression of the mentioned DAPs. Long story short though, none had the clarity and none were as detailed and coherent as the QP1R, utilizing the same methods that I've used in the review to compare different DAPs.

Mentioning @shotgunshane in case he is not subscribed to this thread, so he can be notified (if his notifications are set to receive mention emails) and read the post.
normal_smile .gif

Can't wait to hear your impressions on how the QP1R holds up against the new kids on the block 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back