Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Oct 14, 2016 at 7:03 PM Post #3,241 of 7,140
In the off chance that anyone wants to sell their Gold QP1R, I'm looking for one. I sold a QP1R and regret it.

Check The Source AV in Torrance.  @TSAVJason or one of their associates will help you out.

Oct 14, 2016 at 7:20 PM Post #3,242 of 7,140
Yes, those two focals are the other ones which I'm considering (it only will be one of them, of course).
So: any impressions on those three cans, Utopia, Elear, Flow with QP1R would be nice. (For some reason I got the feeling, that the QP1R does better in driving the flow as compared to driving the focals)

Don't have the Flow.
Got Elear, qp1r with Cv5 = bass taking over too much. Voice is inconsistent with shout in your face. Tested with Gregor Porter.
Upgraded to Utopia. Use it every night. Voice is excellent. Bass is just right to its song. Very happy now.
Can live with qp1r alone, but need amping to sing alot especially tube amp.

Oct 14, 2016 at 7:22 PM Post #3,243 of 7,140
Don't have the Flow.
Got Elear, qp1r with Cv5 = bass taking over too much. Voice is inconsistent with shout in your face. Tested with Gregor Porter.
Upgraded to Utopia. Use it every night. Voice is excellent. Bass is just right to its song. Very happy now.

Transportable amp is CDM.
Desktop amp I'd WA6SE.

Oct 14, 2016 at 8:59 PM Post #3,244 of 7,140

Oh, dear. . . .

The primary reason I'm considering the QP1R is because I want to get the best sound quality without an external amp. I have a physical disability; for me, a stack is impractical. 

@meomap, why do you feel an amp is necessary--to what extent does it improve the QP1R's sound? Which amp do you use? I'm also interested in the Acoustic Research M2, a DAP that includes a particularly powerful amp. Have you tried it?

Thanks,
Brian

Oct 14, 2016 at 9:27 PM Post #3,245 of 7,140
Oh, dear. . . .

The primary reason I'm considering the QP1R is because I want to get the best sound quality without an external amp. I have a physical disability; for me, a stack is impractical. 

@meomap
, why do you feel an amp is necessary--to what extent does it improve the QP1R's sound? Which amp do you use? I'm also interested in the Acoustic Research M2, a DAP that includes a particularly powerful amp. Have you tried it?

Thanks,
Brian

I use Cv5. It just sound more energy from the music.
To me qp1r just sound lean.
Imagine you have integrate amp to drive a speaker and you listen for awhile and thought it would be good enough. Then come one day you test it the speaker again with a borrow preamp and separate amp. The system just wow you to another level of music immersion.

I just don't see any vendor out there that just complete a DAP with super sounding for portable. This is how I felt from por table setup.

Oct 15, 2016 at 1:25 AM Post #3,246 of 7,140
Has anyone had problems with the headphone jack on their QP1R? Mine suddenly lost connection in the right channel . Tried both my HD800s and Nighthawks. Same problem with both. Really disgusted as I've had this player for slightly less than a year. Pretty lousy for such an expensive player. Don't know who to contact about repairs for this.

Oct 15, 2016 at 2:39 AM Post #3,247 of 7,140
Has anyone had problems with the headphone jack on their QP1R? Mine suddenly lost connection in the right channel . Tried both my HD800s and Nighthawks. Same problem with both. Really disgusted as I've had this player for slightly less than a year. Pretty lousy for such an expensive player. Don't know who to contact about repairs for this.

Contacting the shop that sold it to you is a good bet

Oct 15, 2016 at 3:18 AM Post #3,249 of 7,140

If you've had it for less than a year then I'm sure you'll be coverered for a replacement unit.

Oct 15, 2016 at 4:17 PM Post #3,250 of 7,140
Hey guys
Anyone out there who has made a comparison between Questyle QP1R and Lotoo Paw Gold and hm901s? Any idea on how they stack up against each other? Thanks

Oct 15, 2016 at 4:22 PM Post #3,251 of 7,140
Hey guys
Anyone out there who has made a comparison between Questyle QP1R and Lotoo Paw Gold and hm901s? Any idea on how they stack up against each other? Thanks

Check the review (first post of this thread), for a comparison between the QP1R and HM901S.  As for the PAW Gold, it has a lot of driving power, but is not as detailed and coherent sounding as the QP1R.

Oct 15, 2016 at 4:59 PM Post #3,252 of 7,140

Oh, dear. . . .

@meomap, why do you feel an amp is necessary--to what extent does it improve the QP1R's sound? Which amp do you use? I'm also interested in the Acoustic Research M2, a DAP that includes a particularly powerful amp. Have you tried it?

Thanks,
Brian

Sorry to drop in again, Brian, but for my taste, I like the QP because it doesn't need an external amp like my old FiiO. I've come to believ @JaZZ when he says that in general, an external amp can be an imparement to the sound.  i.e.  More impediments in the sound chain.  But, only you can judge.  Why not buy the QP and decide if it's enough?
If you need more info on the ARM2, why not look for @Duncan, who has experience with both players.  I believ him to be a good man who can give you an intelligent oppinion.
Hope this helps you out, and soon you can resolve your doubts.  Good luck.

Oct 15, 2016 at 6:01 PM Post #3,253 of 7,140
Thank you very much for the quick reply. I use a Mojo Chord with Andromeda. Do you think QP1R is a good upgrade for the set? Thanks

Oct 15, 2016 at 6:06 PM Post #3,254 of 7,140
Thank you very much for the quick reply. I use a Mojo Chord with Andromeda. Do you think QP1R is a good upgrade for the set? Thanks

No worries. I have my thoughts about the Mojo in general, and it is a different setup as it isn't a standalone DAP, it's a device that requires you to stack another device and use interconnect cable(s).  For several reasons I prefer the QP1R; one of them is that the QP1R is a standalone device and does not require stacking, unlike the Mojo that requires you to stack.

You may like the Mojo more, or you may prefer the QP1R more, it's all up to your personal preference(s).  Try out the QP1R and see/hear if you like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back