Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Oct 10, 2016 at 8:58 PM Post #3,181 of 7,140

I can't answer all of these, but I'll do my best to answer some for you, until someone else drops by.

1. I don't think so I'm afraid. I think it will only play within the folder you are in via browse mode. 

2. The UI is pretty nippy. Not as fast as the latest mobile phones, but fast non the less.

3. You can favourite tracks. They get saved into a special favourites playlist.

4. I would recommend getting one of the Questyle cases to protect the unit. I have also purchased some wipe on liquid display protector to prevent the gorilla glass getting covered in little scratches. Not everyone bothers, but if you're going to have it in your pocket all day, I reckon it's worth paying a little extra to keep it looking tip top :D

Hope that helps.

Thanks, that answers most of my questions.

Can anyone confirm if there is functionality to auto-advance to the parent, or sub folder after playing all songs in the folder it's playing from?
Also can somebody confirm if there is a way to actually add stars or meta-notes to files, rather than a favorites playlist?

Oct 11, 2016 at 5:19 AM Post #3,183 of 7,140

Can anyone confirm if there is functionality to auto-advance to the parent, or sub folder after playing all songs in the folder it's playing from?
Also can somebody confirm if there is a way to actually add stars or meta-notes to files, rather than a favorites playlist?

Hi,

You can not add stars nor meta-notes.
What you can do is either :
- add a song to a playlist of your choice with a numbered name : playlist1, playlist2, etc... (only those names, with numbers).  If you want you can imagine that these numbers are notes, and you can add the songs to playlist10 if it's 10/10, to playlist7 if it's 7/10, etc. Or to playlist1 if it's top song, playlist2 if it's 2nd rank, etc...
Later on your PC you can add meta-notes to all songs in a given playlist using MP3tags (playlists are in the internal QP2R memory, you can access it with USB). But you will have to change the harddisk names in the pathnames in the playlists because the QP1R has names A:, B:, and C:, while your PC will have names L:, M:, N: (for instance). 
Where A: is the internal card (32 Go) and B:, C: are the two external microSD cards.

Not very simple as you can see, but maybe this will do for you.

- add the songs to favorites. But this is a QP1R-only list. You can not access the favorite list from outside. It is just a list of favorite tracks you can access and manage through the favorite menu on the QP1R.

Hope it helps...

Oct 11, 2016 at 6:39 AM Post #3,184 of 7,140
  Hi All

What is the best solution for the wheel? When I had my QP1R the official protector worked but didn't stay on long. Is there an aftermarket/DIY solution?

Darren

​Not sure about an aftermarket solution, but I know Questyle will send you out some free replacements if you ask nicely :)

Oct 11, 2016 at 6:41 AM Post #3,185 of 7,140
  Hi,

You can not add stars nor meta-notes.
What you can do is either :
- add a song to a playlist of your choice with a numbered name : playlist1, playlist2, etc... (only those names, with numbers).  If you want you can imagine that these numbers are notes, and you can add the songs to playlist10 if it's 10/10, to playlist7 if it's 7/10, etc. Or to playlist1 if it's top song, playlist2 if it's 2nd rank, etc...
Later on your PC you can add meta-notes to all songs in a given playlist using MP3tags (playlists are in the internal QP2R memory, you can access it with USB). But you will have to change the harddisk names in the pathnames in the playlists because the QP1R has names A:, B:, and C:, while your PC will have names L:, M:, N: (for instance). 
Where A: is the internal card (32 Go) and B:, C: are the two external microSD cards.

Not very simple as you can see, but maybe this will do for you.

- add the songs to favorites. But this is a QP1R-only list. You can not access the favorite list from outside. It is just a list of favorite tracks you can access and manage through the favorite menu on the QP1R.

Hope it helps...

Hey Corsario,

I got a little confused by your explanation of numbered playlists. Could you elaborate a little? Thanks

Oct 11, 2016 at 7:08 AM Post #3,187 of 7,140
  Thanks for the answer, but shouldn't have too. Should stick about 50 in with each unit sold.

Was thinking about getting another one, but I keep thinking how bad the wheel was. Seemed worse after the protector came off. No grip whatsoever. If it didn't have the wheel, just the buttons, I wouldn't have an issue. It's just having it there not working puts me off.

I got two packaged with mine and even without, the wheel has been rapidly loosening up with use. I looked at it a little like burn in time, waiting for the wheel to reach it's optimal state :D

Oct 11, 2016 at 7:24 AM Post #3,189 of 7,140

Hey Corsario,

I got a little confused by your explanation of numbered playlists. Could you elaborate a little? Thanks

Hey,

Well, you can not choose the name of the new playlist you create with the QP1R : the first one is named playlist1. If you create another playlist with the QP1R, then it will be named playlist2, and so on...

Oct 11, 2016 at 7:31 AM Post #3,190 of 7,140
  It's just a total lack of grip. Finger just skids around the wheel. I've had two QP1R's and they were both the same.

If the wheel was hardly turning (If at all), it's hard to see how the mechanicals can loosen up to allow the wheel to turn with the little grip it offers.

Sorry to hear that Darren. I too found mine a challenge to start with. I put it partly down to the slipperiness of the surface and a slight resistance as the new wheel settles in. I found the slipperiness less of an issue the more the slight resistance settled.

I have now also added one of the protectors I was sent, but more for the purpose of keeping the wheel un-tarnished than adding traction.

The truth is that coming from the ZX2, there are many things I don't like about the QP1R. They all pale into insignificance when I start listening to music however 
biggrin.gif

Oct 11, 2016 at 7:33 AM Post #3,191 of 7,140
  Hey,

Well, you can not choose the name of the new playlist you create with the QP1R : the first one is named playlist1. If you create another playlist with the QP1R, then it will be named playlist2, and so on...

Ok, cool, but you're also saying they can be edited outside of the QP1R?

Oct 11, 2016 at 7:36 AM Post #3,193 of 7,140
  I've got a separate problem. The wheel turns fine. I can't get it to 'grip' easily such that it registers that i'm turning the wheel. Takes quite a bit of pressure for it to realise that i'm spinning the wheel.

How long have you had yours?

Oct 11, 2016 at 7:38 AM Post #3,194 of 7,140
a few months with minimal use. the wheel was already spinning free enough when i bought it from the dealer. plus it had the sticker already applied, so it isn't slipping underneath my fingers as some have suggested. I hope i don't have a faulty wheel. it does register the turns, btw. Just not as well I expect it should. 

Oct 11, 2016 at 8:13 AM Post #3,195 of 7,140

Ok, cool, but you're also saying they can be edited outside of the QP1R?

Yes. But if you change the name of the playlist, or if you create a playlist of your own, they still will appear in the QP1R as playlist1, playlist2, etc... (renamed in alphabetical order apparently. For instance if you create 2 playlist : Jazz.m3u and World.m3u, they will appear as Playlist1 and Playlist2.
And if you had a Playlist1 that existed before, they will appear as :
Jazz -> Playlist1
Playlist1 -> Playlist2
World -> Playlist3

Tricky isnt'it ?

At least this is true for the playlists in the playlist directory. And this what I observed this morning when I tried playing around with playlists.

What I don't know is what occurs with playlists created outside of the QP1R and pasted outside the Playlist QP1R directory. I don't even know if the QP1R can read them (I assume you first need to create playlists with relative paths. I will test this tonight.

But surely some head-fier here already played with playlists and the QP1R, no ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back