Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Oct 8, 2016 at 8:41 AM Post #3,151 of 7,140
I'm also curious as to whether anyone noticed burn in time having an effect? I've just come from the ZX-2 where Sony recommended at least 100 hours before you would get the best from the device. I believe they are now even stating 200 hours for their WM1 devices

Oct 8, 2016 at 8:47 AM Post #3,152 of 7,140
Morning boys and girls. Has anyone managed to source a screen protector for their QP1R?

It's a thing of beauty, but I'm terrified of it getting scratched up.

I heard Dignis were chucking one in with their cases, but they are next to impossible to find in the UK and to be honest I really wanted the tan brown Questyle case anyway.

What's everyone else doing to protect theirs?

Tan brown case with gold. Looks very nice.

Oct 8, 2016 at 8:49 AM Post #3,153 of 7,140
Tan brown case with gold. Looks very nice.

Yep, that's what I'm going for, but how do you protect your screen from scratches?

Oct 8, 2016 at 10:34 AM Post #3,155 of 7,140

Yep, that's what I'm going for, but how do you protect your screen from scratches?

If I'm correct, I believe the front and back are Gorilla Glass. Unless your tossing it in your pocket with your keys and a handful of change...I think your good

Oct 8, 2016 at 10:41 AM Post #3,156 of 7,140
If I'm correct, I believe the front and back are Gorilla Glass. Unless your tossing it in your pocket with your keys and a handful of change...I think your good

But that's just the thing. I've had numerous phones with gorilla glass that have ended up picking up lots of little micro scratches. Whilst being a thing of beauty, this is also a portable music device and the day will definitely come when I accidently stick it in a pocket that already contains my keys or some change etc. I will be gutted if I scratch this up, but in the other hand I want to use it without worrying all the time.

Oct 8, 2016 at 1:08 PM Post #3,158 of 7,140
Might take a lot of work to cut an existing phone screen protector as you'll have to cut around the wheel area as well. I've kept phones and the qp1r in my pocket(separately and by themselves)without picking up scratches. I think they provide a microfibres cloth bag as well don't they? Maybe just keep it in that if you don't need to access it too much

Oct 8, 2016 at 1:15 PM Post #3,159 of 7,140
  DIY my own from phone screen protector. Trace and cut it out by penknife, but bubbles all round, see if that's deal breaker to you.

​I was thinking about that, but I guess it's next to impossible to do it without it looking a mess?
Might take a lot of work to cut an existing phone screen protector as you'll have to cut around the wheel area as well. I've kept phones and the qp1r in my pocket(separately and by themselves)without picking up scratches. I think they provide a microfibres cloth bag as well don't they? Maybe just keep it in that if you don't need to access it too much

​There is a cloth bag, but taking it in and out every time I want to use it would be a real pain and I'd probably be more likely to drop it doing that! lol

Oct 8, 2016 at 1:40 PM Post #3,160 of 7,140
Just my 2 cents. Both of my qp1r units had never seen a screen protector ( I do have one ) and the current one is still scratch free while the old one never had a scratch.

The wheel is much more prone to scratches than the screen.

Oct 8, 2016 at 2:03 PM Post #3,161 of 7,140
I've read reviews that suggest the M2 is "too loud" for many IEMs. Indeed, IEM users could apparently have trouble simply adjusting the volume effectively. It's one characteristic in favor of the QP1R, at least for those who don't want to use headphones.

Found out a friend has borrowed one. He's reporting lots of hiss with Andromeda and limited volume movement.

Oct 8, 2016 at 11:49 PM Post #3,163 of 7,140
Morning boys and girls. Has anyone managed to source a screen protector for their QP1R?

I heard Dignis were chucking one in with their cases, but they are next to impossible to find in the UK and to be honest I really wanted the tan brown Questyle case anyway.

its gorilla glass

Oct 9, 2016 at 12:26 AM Post #3,164 of 7,140

The dignis case you can find it on ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dignis-Questyle-QP1R-DAP-Case-Limited-Edition-leather-Case-Brown-/291620564899?hash=item43e5f0afa3:g:1aoAAOSw5ZBWJaRx

Users who are viewing this thread

Back