Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Feb 25, 2016 at 4:28 PM Post #1,021 of 7,140
I forgot about this DAP!
I have the DX50 and I want to buy another DAP.
Is the QP1R better than the AK120ii in sound?
I know all DAP have bug issues but it seems Questyle are fixing them in a timely manner.

Feb 25, 2016 at 4:54 PM Post #1,023 of 7,140
Just so there is no confusion, my original post was: "Just a thought, but what do think about posting pictures of your EQ settings?"

Barolo has somehow quoted and replied to my post, but it looks like the whole post was from me.

Not an issue, just wanted to clear things up.

No worries, that happens from time to time on this forum. Usually people know this, and simply compare what you originally wrote to what the person erroneously quoting you wrote. :beerchug:

Feb 25, 2016 at 7:36 PM Post #1,025 of 7,140
DAP and case arrived today. Spent about an hour finding my way around the UI and trying to figure out home screens, play modes and if the wheel actually did anything. Updated the firmware and repeated all of the above again. The UI is kind of funky coming from the modded firmware for my X5. 10 minutes of listening and I was happy with the SQ. I dropped the modded blue filters in my 846's hoping that I wasn't going to lose much on the high end coming from the whites and going from the X5 into the QP1R. There's a lot of new funkiness to get used to with the new UI, but I'm just going to enjoy the SQ improvement for the time being and let everything else catch up. I went back the the MED gray silicon tips on the 846's, which seal pretty well for me. I'm just trying to get back to the basics while I'm getting used to newness of everything. I'm kind of torn between using L or M gain setting.
I kind of suspect that the Questyle and the Dignis cases are manufactured in the same plant, with the only real difference being the Questyle logo on the back of the case. I could be wrong. I'm happy about the new toy!

biggrin.gif

Feb 26, 2016 at 7:35 AM Post #1,027 of 7,140
I'm going to say that I hope the wheel's functionality get's better after using it for a bit, or that mine's messed up. Because this isn't acceptable at all. No exaggeration at all...I couldn't even get to albums I wanted to listen to, because of the unpredictability of where I was landing in my file selection.

Feb 26, 2016 at 9:51 AM Post #1,028 of 7,140
  I'm going to say that I hope the wheel's functionality get's better after using it for a bit, or that mine's messed up. Because this isn't acceptable at all. No exaggeration at all...I couldn't even get to albums I wanted to listen to, because of the unpredictability of where I was landing in my file selection.

use the capacitive buttons.

Feb 26, 2016 at 10:06 AM Post #1,029 of 7,140

Tried that. It scrolls in pages instead of folders. Actually having to use the capacitive buttons instead of the wheel as it is intended, is not an acceptable option.

Feb 26, 2016 at 10:13 AM Post #1,030 of 7,140

Tried that. It scrolls in pages instead of folders. Actually having to use the capacitive buttons instead of the wheel as it is intended, is not an acceptable option.

iirc scrolling in pages instead of folders is determined by the "flip" function in your system settings.  if the wheel doesn't start working better with use, and you don't want to put on a plastic screen protector type wheel skin or stick on the wheel a physical eraser type button, and you find using the capacitive buttons unacceptable even after resetting your flip function, sell the device. 

Feb 26, 2016 at 7:01 PM Post #1,031 of 7,140
  iirc scrolling in pages instead of folders is determined by the "flip" function in your system settings.  if the wheel doesn't start working better with use, and you don't want to put on a plastic screen protector type wheel skin or stick on the wheel a physical eraser type button, and you find using the capacitive buttons unacceptable even after resetting your flip function, sell the device. 

Thanks for the tip on the "flip" setting. I thought it only affected the buttons during play. I found I had a better feel on how to get the wheel to engage today. I expect that a lot of new purchasers had no idea on how to get the wheel to function when they first tried it. It's definitely different than what I expected. I listened to my first Hi Rez music today. I flipped through my Aerosmith collection. This thing sounds F'ing Amazing! 

Feb 26, 2016 at 7:25 PM Post #1,032 of 7,140

Thanks for the tip on the "flip" setting. I thought it only affected the buttons during play. I found I had a better feel on how to get the wheel to engage today. I expect that a lot of new purchasers had no idea on how to get the wheel to function when they first tried it. It's definitely different than what I expected. I listened to my first Hi Rez music today. I flipped through my Aerosmith collection. This thing sounds F'ing Amazing! 

yeah, i figured that by the time you tried the various fixes for the wheel you'd fall in love with the sound. 
beerchug.gif
  when i said "sell the device" i thought that that would be very unlikely.  
biggrin.gif
   i actually use the wheel very rarely. i only do folder play and find the capacitive buttons quite acceptable for navigation.

Feb 26, 2016 at 7:54 PM Post #1,033 of 7,140
  yeah, i figured that by the time you tried the various fixes for the wheel you'd fall in love with the sound. 
beerchug.gif
  when i said "sell the device" i thought that that would be very unlikely.  
biggrin.gif
   i actually use the wheel very rarely. i only do folder play and find the capacitive buttons quite acceptable for navigation.

Folder formatting is an entirely different thing. If I have 5 albums in one Artist folder, It plays 1:1, 2:1, 3:1, 4:1, 5:1, 1:2, 2:2...etc. But perhaps I had the play mode set wrong? I've promised myself that I'm not going to let myself get stressed over trying to learn how to use this DAP. Did I mention that it sounds F'ing Amazing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back