Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Apr 5, 2016 at 4:10 PM Post #1,473 of 7,140
Anyone cold find a good case for this model?

http://www.head-fi.org/t/778877/review-questyle-audio-qp1r-with-multiple-headphone-and-iem-pairings

Apr 6, 2016 at 5:23 AM Post #1,476 of 7,140
I have the grey Questyle case, it is billed as elephant and yes the leather is a perfect match for the elephant ear boots I had made in Thailand on military duty in the 80's. I hope that is OK... Anyway, the Questyle case is like buying something in a Coach store, you are kind of mad about the price but it is so darn nice. And you just have to have it. But it does cost a lot. The Questyle VP Bruce did show me a ballistic nylon case that clips to your belt, I think, like those old phone holsters when peeps first got small cell phones. I think they are available from The Source specifically for the QP1R and much less expensive. 

Apr 6, 2016 at 6:00 AM Post #1,477 of 7,140
So I did compare adjustable and max line out settings. And true to what I thought, the max line out has distortion, evident in the lower frequencies where some male voices lie and the bass drops in songs are. Switching over to adjustable line out, distortion is solved. Switching to headphone out yields the same sound but a few volume notches softer

Apr 6, 2016 at 6:43 AM Post #1,478 of 7,140
So I have charged from 20 something % to full 3 times, and I noticed this. Everytime after I unplug after it is fully charged, the player does not read my MicroSD card. I have to take it out and put it back in again and update media file library. Does this happen to anyone else? 

Apr 6, 2016 at 6:59 AM Post #1,479 of 7,140
So I have charged from 20 something % to full 3 times, and I noticed this. Everytime after I unplug after it is fully charged, the player does not read my MicroSD card. I have to take it out and put it back in again and update media file library. Does this happen to anyone else? 

Not me. Maybe if it's possible you can reinstall FW 1.05?

Apr 6, 2016 at 7:58 AM Post #1,480 of 7,140

This has been documented a few times in this thread, and it has happened to me as well, so I added it to the 1.0.5 notes in the review (first post of this thread).  What's good though, is that we for sure will need another firmware update to rectify this, and, possibly other requested features will be added to the next update as well!

Apr 6, 2016 at 8:37 AM Post #1,481 of 7,140

This has been documented a few times in this thread, and it has happened to me as well, so I added it to the 1.0.5 notes in the review (first post of this thread).  What's good though, is that we for sure will need another firmware update to rectify this, and, possibly other requested features will be added to the next update as well!

Bruce if you're reading this..........PLEASE help us GET QUICK SCROLLING!

Apr 6, 2016 at 8:52 AM Post #1,482 of 7,140

Bruce if you're reading this..........PLEASE help us GET QUICK SCROLLING!

This was discussed earlier in the thread, but I just added it to the review under (Q27) Capacitive Buttons:

"Fast scroll: press and hold either the "Track Previous/Up" or "Track Next/Down" (the screen text/pages move in the direction you choose at around 10 pages in less than a second)."

Apr 8, 2016 at 2:38 PM Post #1,483 of 7,140
I am so itchy to get an upgrade ...

Does anyone have both the Rosie and a Westone UM Pro 50?

I am a little worried that my ears are going to be too small for the JH "Rosie"

I would love to see a side by side comparison shot of the two models ... in order to see the size difference before I actually pull the trigger.

I am thinking these would be a perfect match with the QP1R (At least for my tastes)

Apr 8, 2016 at 2:56 PM Post #1,484 of 7,140
  I am so itchy to get an upgrade ...

Does anyone have both the Rosie and a Westone UM Pro 50?

I am a little worried that my ears are going to be too small for the JH "Rosie"

I would love to see a side by side comparison shot of the two models ... in order to see the size difference before I actually pull the trigger.

I am thinking these would be a perfect match with the QP1R (At least for my tastes)

I really like the Rosie. I have the Rosie and the V1 Angie, and the fit is 10 times better to me with the new Rosie (and assuming new Angie too) than the V1 lineup. I don't have the UM 50 but I have the W40. It looks like the UM 50 are a bit larger than the W40s, but I am assuming they are still a bit smaller than the Rosie's. If you are looking for a quad driver that will have no issues fitting you could look at the Campfire Audio Jupiter or NuForce HEM8. 

Apr 8, 2016 at 3:16 PM Post #1,485 of 7,140
One of my two Sandisk 200 GB MicroSD card has failed and so I contacted Sandisk and they will send me a new one once they receive the old one. My computer card reader can't even detect it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back