Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Apr 10, 2016 at 10:11 AM Post #1,501 of 7,140
  PS - After power on, volume control isn't as quirky as I was afraid at first.  However, I will really need that plastic skin for the control wheel.  It will probably show up with my case. 
biggrin.gif

I hope to get mine from Moon as well. I did as instructed, provi

Apr 10, 2016 at 8:19 PM Post #1,504 of 7,140

What about the non-american world.

I would think that the same email address could be used from anywhere in the world, to ask for proper instructions. Perhaps email or cc; info@questyleaudio.com That is the address listed on the Questyle Contact page of their website.
http://www.questyleaudio.com/contact

Apr 10, 2016 at 9:09 PM Post #1,505 of 7,140
Thanks I always wondered about this!

What about the non-american world.

I would think that the same email address could be used from anywhere in the world, to ask for proper instructions. Perhaps email or cc; info@questyleaudio.com That is the address listed on the Questyle Contact page of their website.
http://www.questyleaudio.com/contact

I updated the review with relevant information under (Q4) Ordering the QP1R and registration.

Apr 11, 2016 at 1:40 AM Post #1,507 of 7,140
Apr 11, 2016 at 10:42 AM Post #1,508 of 7,140

Have been listening to the QP1R via line-out with an Electrostatic set-up (Stax SRM 1/MK2 Spritzer Mod & Stax SR Lambda 407 ) and I've have to report that the performance in terms of SQ is even better than a PC(Jriver)/iBasso DX 50+DAC (Resonessence Lab Concero HP/Dr DAC 2 DX) combo. I was not expecting this as with Dynamic set-ups, I've experienced the Concero HP edging out the QP1R in terms of overall SQ, but for some reason it is not the same with the only electrostatic set-up I have at the moment. In terms of power the Concero HP is still miles ahead and it is more powerful than any DAP one can name. 

Apr 11, 2016 at 10:46 PM Post #1,509 of 7,140
^^^ I need a line out cable that fits the QP1R and has RCA's on the other end. I want to hook it up to my Cavalli Liquid Crimson. I actually think it will sound pretty good. I think it might give my Dac-19 a decent run. The sound signatures are way different, but both have excellent sound quality. I've been using the QP1R as a transport into the Dac-19 with great results.

Apr 11, 2016 at 10:52 PM Post #1,510 of 7,140
^^^ I need a line out cable that fits the QP1R and has RCA's on the other end. I want to hook it up to my Cavalli Liquid Crimson. I actually think it will sound pretty good. I think it might give my Dac-19 a decent run. The sound signatures are way different, but both have excellent sound quality. I've been using the QP1R as a transport into the Dac-19 with great results.

How about this? Belkin F8V235-12 2 RCA to 3.5mm Y cable 12-Feet

You can also try Best Buy, Fry's or Radio Shack for a quick fix if they are in your area.

Apr 11, 2016 at 11:22 PM Post #1,511 of 7,140

How about this? Belkin F8V235-12 2 RCA to 3.5mm Y cable 12-Feet

You can also try Best Buy, Fry's or Radio Shack for a quick fix if they are in your area.

Thanks @moedawg140.  I've got a 6 foot monster one that looks like the 1/8" plug is about the same size.  The jack on the QP1R is recessed slightly, with a fairly small diameter counterbore.  The plug will not go all the way into the jack.  I think  a fairly small diameter 1/8" plug on the cable is required.

Side note - anyone find a micro B USB cord about 6' long that reliably fits into the small opening of the USB input on the QP1R?

Apr 11, 2016 at 11:29 PM Post #1,512 of 7,140
I saw a few really nice ones (3.5mm male to RCA ) made by Audioquest. They have 4 models of them in order of quality. I don't know how well they will fit? Monoprice has cheap ones. Here are some examples of the Audioquest cables:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/966440-REG/audioquest_everg02mr_2_0m_evergreen_3_5m_to.html
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/966450-REG/audioquest_goldg01_5mr_1_5m_golden_gate_3_5m.html

Apr 11, 2016 at 11:34 PM Post #1,513 of 7,140
One thing I don't understand is if I leave my QP1R connected to my MAC idle for an extended time I return to find the storage has ejected itself and I have the error messages you get when a disc is not ejected properly. The QP1R doesn't seem to mind. But if I want to manage my files at that point I have to cycle the USB connection to my MAC and wait a minute for it to reconnect as a storage device. It may be a settings thing or it may be by design. It does continue to charge.

Apr 11, 2016 at 11:46 PM Post #1,514 of 7,140

Thanks @moedawg140.  I've got a 6 foot monster one that looks like the 1/8" plug is about the same size.  The jack on the QP1R is recessed slightly, with a fairly small diameter counterbore.  The plug will not go all the way into the jack.  I think  a fairly small diameter 1/8" plug on the cable is required.

Side note - anyone find a micro B USB cord about 6' long that reliably fits into the small opening of the USB input on the QP1R?

Ah yes...fairly small diameter (I'm so used to using either optical or a thin 3.5mm - 3.5mm cable [that's normally skinny]).

How about this one? Mediabridge 3.5mm Male to 2-Male RCA Adapter (6 Feet) - Step Down Design - (Part# MPC-35-2XRCA-6 )  (6ft: $9.99). I own a Mediabridge product in my vehicle and it is still working well, I would recommend this one as it is a small diameter on the 3.5mm plug, and a quality design.  And, you can also get it in a 12 foot ($10.99) and/or 25 foot ($11.99) length(s)!

As for the USB cable, you can use the Anker Micro USB cables: Anker PowerLine Micro USB (6ft) - The World's Fastest, Most Durable Charging Cable, with Kevlar Fiber and 10000+ Bend Lifespan for Samsung, Nexus, LG, Motorola, Android Smartphones and More (Choice of Color).  They are also mentioned in the review.  I use the Anker Mirco USB cables that come with my Anker external chargers with zero issues.  You can also purchase Micro USB cables from Questyle as they have quality cables available.

Apr 11, 2016 at 11:52 PM Post #1,515 of 7,140
  I saw a few really nice ones (3.5mm male to RCA ) made by Audioquest. They have 4 models of them in order of quality. I don't know how well they will fit? Monoprice has cheap ones. Here are some examples of the Audioquest cables:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/966440-REG/audioquest_everg02mr_2_0m_evergreen_3_5m_to.html
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/966450-REG/audioquest_goldg01_5mr_1_5m_golden_gate_3_5m.html

I'm not too sure about those audioquest cables fitting.  I would look for thinner alternatives like the one posted above.  Thanks for the suggestion!

One thing I don't understand is if I leave my QP1R connected to my MAC idle for an extended time I return to find the storage has ejected itself and I have the error messages you get when a disc is not ejected properly. The QP1R doesn't seem to mind. But if I want to manage my files at that point I have to cycle the USB connection to my MAC and wait a minute for it to reconnect as a storage device. It may be a settings thing or it may be by design. It does continue to charge.

Not too sure, but some troubleshooting steps may be to try a different USB port, restarting the Mac, updating the Mac to its newest version.  Also try using a different charge/sync cable, and try connecting on a PC if all else fails (after reading up on USB connectivity issues with the Mac and trying solutions, etcetera).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back