Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Dec 26, 2015 at 5:14 AM Post #676 of 7,140
Dec 26, 2015 at 5:16 AM Post #677 of 7,140
So far from what I've read on the QP1R review thread and QP1 thread, kevnin and I are the ones who have had the issue. I would wait until listening to the QP1R to worry too much about any possible issues. With that said, if you want to be as proactive as you can be, upon arrival of the QP1R, check your firmware version. If you are at version 1.0.4, you can downgrade to 1.0.2 as 1.0.2 is confirmed to be the most stable release from my experience.

Thanks for the reply. I'll definitely check the FW version right out of the box. Any feedback from Questyle as to what might be the problem or are the errant devices still too low? 

Dec 26, 2015 at 6:23 AM Post #679 of 7,140
A picture of my QP1R

Awesome looking setup. Waiting for my Ether Cs for my QP1R too...received my shipping confirmation already. Woohoo! 
biggrin.gif

Dec 26, 2015 at 7:43 AM Post #680 of 7,140
 Originally Posted by moedawg140 

So far from what I've read on the QP1R review thread and QP1 thread, kevnin and I are the ones who have had the issue. I would wait until listening to the QP1R to worry too much about any possible issues. With that said, if you want to be as proactive as you can be, upon arrival of the QP1R, check your firmware version. If you are at version 1.0.4, you can downgrade to 1.0.2 as 1.0.2 is confirmed to be the most stable release from my experience.

Hello everybody , 
i am a new member of this community and for 3 weeks now i've been a happy owner of the QP1R.
The firmware on my QP1R has been 1.0.4 since day 1 and it works perfectly on my unit.

@ moedawg140 : your wonderful review persuaded me to upgrade from Fiio X5ii , it is well worth the extra investment ! 
bigsmile_face.gif

Dec 26, 2015 at 7:53 AM Post #681 of 7,140
  Hello everybody , 
i am a new member of this community and for 3 weeks now i've been a happy owner of the QP1R.
The firmware on my QP1R has been 1.0.4 since day 1 and it works perfectly on my unit.

@ moedawg140 : your wonderful review persuaded me to upgrade from Fiio X5ii , it is well worth the extra investment ! 
bigsmile_face.gif

Good to know. Thanks for the info.

Dec 26, 2015 at 8:22 AM Post #682 of 7,140
@ chawya22 : i've had the opportunity to sit down and have an extensive listening session before buying the QP1R , my unit accepted the sdxc card formatted on the Fiio X5ii without a problem.
Even from memory i could tell the vast improvement in overall sound quality (clarity , detail , soundstage...). The Fiio X5ii is the best device i've heard in the sub 400 euro category but
the QP1R blows it out of the water (as one would expect at more than twice the cost
wink.gif
 ). 

Dec 26, 2015 at 8:38 AM Post #683 of 7,140
Dec 26, 2015 at 8:40 AM Post #684 of 7,140
Awesome looking setup. Waiting for my Ether Cs for my QP1R too...received my shipping confirmation already. Woohoo! :D  

Cool, you will love your ETHER C's, They are a great headphone.

Dec 26, 2015 at 11:51 AM Post #685 of 7,140

@moedawg140 It's just been 1 day with this. Sound is opening up as time goes by. It definitely has a better overall sound compared to Vk-1, especially much wider sound stage and better imaging. Sub-bass is just terrific, the most deepest sub-bass I've heard from a headphone (Excluding PH6 as it is not portable for most).

Blow by Blow and Bitches Brew, Hand Cannot Erase, A State of Trance to name a few all sound great from the QP1R/ Pryma partnership. Bit underwhelmed with the isolation, as I feel the T51P and Nad Viso HP50 do a better job, cranking up the volume or listening to tracks with louder overall presentation helped, as it is a must in places with a lot of noise but then again I've never been able to listen to Webern or Takemitsu with absolute isolation in the public place with any headphone or IEM up to date.  

More impressions to follow along with a full review.

Dec 26, 2015 at 8:35 PM Post #688 of 7,140
Hi

I currently have a FiiO X5 2nd Gen, E12A amp and Shure SRH 1540 headphones.

My question is, what would be the best upgrade. Replacing the E12A amp with a Chord Mojo, or replacing both FiiO items with a QP1R?

Regards

Darren

Try the Qp1R then you can decide if you still needs the Mojo. I sold my DAC/Amp after I got my unit. Then again I don't play music through my Mac and stacking is just too troublesome for as I always on the road.

Dec 26, 2015 at 10:47 PM Post #689 of 7,140

Thanks for the reply. I'll definitely check the FW version right out of the box. Any feedback from Questyle as to what might be the problem or are the errant devices still too low? 

I'll make sure to update the original post with regards to the firmware once there is a new version from Questyle available and I am able to test and verify it is working sufficiently by at least conducting the same situation that was conducted with the 1.0.4 firmware.

Hello everybody , 

bigsmile_face.gif

Welcome!  What IEM(s)/headphone(s) are you currently and/or planning to pair the QP1R with?

Thanks man, I am in shock how good it sounds.

Glad you like the combo, very nice!  
L3000.gif

@moedawg140 It's just been 1 day with this. Sound is opening up as time goes by. It definitely has a better overall sound compared to Vk-1, especially much wider sound stage and better imaging. Sub-bass is just terrific, the most deepest sub-bass I've heard from a headphone (Excluding PH6 as it is not portable for most).

Blow by Blow and Bitches Brew, Hand Cannot Erase, A State of Trance to name a few all sound great from the QP1R/ Pryma partnership. Bit underwhelmed with the isolation, as I feel the T51P and Nad Viso HP50 do a better job, cranking up the volume or listening to tracks with louder overall presentation helped, as it is a must in places with a lot of noise but then again I've never been able to listen to Webern or Takemitsu with absolute isolation in the public place with any headphone or IEM up to date.  

More impressions to follow along with a full review.

Thanks for your impressions thus far, appreciate it!  Now I really want to try out the Pryma and pit the subbass against the TH-X00's subbass - for quality and quantity's sake...oh my. 
darthsmile.gif
beyersmile.png
   Isolation isn't the TH-X00's strong suit either, as I would describe it as more of a semi-closed headphone, but that design lets the bass truly resonate and reverberate!

Hi

I currently have a FiiO X5 2nd Gen, E12A amp and Shure SRH 1540 headphones.

My question is, what would be the best upgrade. Replacing the E12A amp with a Chord Mojo, or replacing both FiiO items with a QP1R?

Regards

Darren

I agree with @Semuapunmau with regards to trying out the QP1R and then deciding if you want the Mojo.  Alternatively, you can try to demo both at the same time (if you attend a meet or know someone/some people in your area that will let you demo both).  I would say what may be more important than the SQ in this regard if you are truly mobile is do you want to stack (Mojo) or want an all-in-one audio player (QP1R).  I'm able to stack with my m9XX (as it sounds utterly blissful), but I choose to go with the all-in-one solution, that has immense power and quality sound as well when I am out and about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back