Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Dec 24, 2015 at 9:01 PM Post #661 of 7,140

Merry Christmas to all!!!   Really enjoying the QP1R with the Ether C.  

Merry Christmas to you and everyone who celebrates it!

Dec 24, 2015 at 10:04 PM Post #662 of 7,140
To be fair to you, unless this has now been fixed on a firmware update, even with a 200gb card in each slot working correctly it says, well - you can see for yourself from one of my earlier posts in this thread

LOL

Dec 24, 2015 at 10:36 PM Post #663 of 7,140
Dec 25, 2015 at 12:27 AM Post #665 of 7,140
  Hey moedawg140 hope your doing good. Did you get a chance to hear the Sonus Faber Pryma with the QP1R? 
I will be getting one soon. 

Hi, @xEcuToR, how have you been?  I've been doing well, super busy with life (aren't we all?) - thanks for asking, appreciate it.

I did not get to hear the Sonus Faber Pryma with the QP1R yet.  I will say the headphones are definitely lookers, and interesting that at least on a marketing standpoint, they are tailored to women.  Hopefully I'll get to listen to them at CanJam Singapore or maybe at NAMM.  

I'll be looking forward to your impressions of the headphones for sure! 
beerchug.gif

Dec 25, 2015 at 1:32 AM Post #666 of 7,140

Hi, @xEcuToR, how have you been?  I've been doing well, super busy with life (aren't we all?) - thanks for asking, appreciate it.

I did not get to hear the Sonus Faber Pryma with the QP1R yet.  I will say the headphones are definitely lookers, and interesting that at least on a marketing standpoint, they are tailored to women.  Hopefully I'll get to listen to them at CanJam Singapore or maybe at NAMM.  

I'll be looking forward to your impressions of the headphones for sure! 
beerchug.gif

Doing Okay I guess, have been very busy with work lately, but am always travelling so a lot of time with the QP1R/Velvet & Ocharaku Nami combo. Didn't know, Pryma were marketed like that. Portability was the factor along with design was what I was going for. I doubt they will sound nearly as good as the Final PH 6 on the go but hopefully it will be better than the Aedle Vk1. 

BTW are you going to add AK320 to your list of comparisons?

Have a great holiday season. 

Cheers 

Dec 25, 2015 at 1:46 AM Post #667 of 7,140
Nice!  Any impressions of the combo thus far?

Sorry man, don't really know how to describe the impressions but am getting emotional now listening to Adele's When we were young...:anguished:

Dec 25, 2015 at 2:46 AM Post #668 of 7,140
  IMPORTANT NOTICE:

If anyone has updated their QP1R to 1.0.4 (not sure if this applies to the QP1 as well, but as a precaution, I would assume yes), from my experience, please downgrade from 1.0.4 to 1.0.2.  The issue for me was that after updating to 1.0.4, I tried to listen to music after several hours of the QP1R playing, and was unable to. 

Have you or anyone else with this issue found a resolution? I just received a new Q1PR and cannot get it to output sound no matter what I do. I tried a bunch of resets, internal and external memory, and downgrading fw from 1.04 to 1.02. With 1.04 it was also crashing every few minutes. No crashes with 1.02 so far, but I still have not been able to play music. It sees my files fine and acts like it is playing, just no sound comes out.

Dec 26, 2015 at 2:16 AM Post #669 of 7,140
Doing Okay I guess, have been very busy with work lately, but am always travelling so a lot of time with the QP1R/Velvet & Ocharaku Nami combo. Didn't know, Pryma were marketed like that. Portability was the factor along with design was what I was going for. I doubt they will sound nearly as good as the Final PH 6 on the go but hopefully it will be better than the Aedle Vk1. 

BTW are you going to add AK320 to your list of comparisons?

Have a great holiday season. 

Cheers 

The Velvet + QP1R combination sounds good, and I haven't listened to the Ocharaku Nami yet, any impressions of the combo? I have listened to the Ocharaku Flat-4, and that was a very coherent sounding IEM, but the only facet of the sound signature that didn't bode well with me was its very bright treble presentation.

Any pictures of your Pryma? If you find out it sounds better than the VK-1, then the Pryma may be one to look out for and give a listen!

As for the AK320, I'll add it in once I can spend some quality time with both the AK320 and the QP1R (Singapore possibly).

Happy holidays to you as well!

Sorry man, don't really know how to describe the impressions but am getting emotional now listening to Adele's When we were young...:anguished:

Saying you got emotional is actually a spot on impression of how I felt when I listened to Cee-Lo Green - Heart Blanche's "Tonight": wide eyes and a dropped jaw.

Have you or anyone else with this issue found a resolution? I just received a new Q1PR and cannot get it to output sound no matter what I do. I tried a bunch of resets, internal and external memory, and downgrading fw from 1.04 to 1.02. With 1.04 it was also crashing every few minutes. No crashes with 1.02 so far, but I still have not been able to play music. It sees my files fine and acts like it is playing, just no sound comes out.

Once you are using FW 1.0.2, reset a couple more times. If you still aren't able to get sound to emit, turn off the QP1R, wait for several hours (I waited overnight, for reference) and then turn on the QP1R, attempting to get music to play again, unplugging and plugging the IEM(s) and/or headphones into the jack while pausing and playing the music. Please let us know if you are able to get the music playing.

Dec 26, 2015 at 3:39 AM Post #670 of 7,140
Once you are using FW 1.0.2, reset a couple more times. If you still aren't able to get sound to emit, turn off the QP1R, wait for several hours (I waited overnight, for reference) and then turn on the QP1R, attempting to get music to play again, unplugging and plugging the IEM(s) and/or headphones into the jack while pausing and playing the music. Please let us know if you are able to get the music playing.

Appreciate the response. I pretty much tried all that (I let it sit off overnight last night). Guess I could try more unplug and play/pause cycles on 1.0.2. I went to the 1.04 from their site, thinking maybe the one it came with was a beta, but nothing changed. Then I found that it will play DSD files, but nothing else. Pretty sure it's just defective at this point.

Dec 26, 2015 at 3:50 AM Post #671 of 7,140
Appreciate the response. I pretty much tried all that (I let it sit off overnight last night). Guess I could try more unplug and play/pause cycles on 1.0.2. I went to the 1.04 from their site, thinking maybe the one it came with was a beta, but nothing changed. Then I found that it will play DSD files, but nothing else. Pretty sure it's just defective at this point.

If you aren't able to get it working fully, Questyle's Bruce has been very receptive to repair/replacement. Looking forward to finding out how everything turns out.

Dec 26, 2015 at 4:45 AM Post #672 of 7,140
Hello!       After nearly 2 years!!   I have finally narrowed my search for a new DAP down to  the QP1R, the Onkyo DP 1X and the Mojo ( stacking )   So,  please,  can  anyone who has heard these 3 give me a comparison, please ?        From the forums i am getting the impression  that the onkyo and the Mojo have a bit more power than the QP1R       What i am really  dying to know is,   which, from your own personal impressions, is the most organic, musical, natural,  engadging, rich, involving and fuller  sounding ?        Or you can just give me your personal impressions of each side by side?        Thank you so much!

Dec 26, 2015 at 4:59 AM Post #673 of 7,140

Your experience is concerning. I'm expecting delivery of my QP1R Monday and after waiting so long to get one, thinking that there might even be a remote chance of receiving a defective device and/or buggy FW is disconcerting. How common is this problem? I know it's been posted that Questyle's support is responsive, but that still doesn't negate the inconvenience.

Dec 26, 2015 at 5:06 AM Post #674 of 7,140
Your experience is concerning. I'm expecting delivery of my QP1R Monday and after waiting so long to get one, thinking that there might even be a remote chance of receiving a defective device and/or buggy OS is disconcerting. How common is this problem? I know it's been posted that Questyle's support is responsive, but that still doesn't negate the inconvenience.

So far from what I've read on the QP1R review thread and QP1 thread, kevnin and I are the ones who have had the issue. I would wait until listening to the QP1R to worry too much about any possible issues. With that said, if you want to be as proactive as you can be, upon arrival of the QP1R, check your firmware version. If you are at version 1.0.4, you can downgrade to 1.0.2 as 1.0.2 is confirmed to be the most stable release from my experience.

Dec 26, 2015 at 5:14 AM Post #675 of 7,140
So far from what I've read on the QP1R review thread and QP1 thread, kevnin and I are the ones who have had the issue. I would wait until listening to the QP1R to worry too much about any possible issues. With that said, if you want to be as proactive as you can be, upon arrival of the QP1R, check your firmware version. If you are at version 1.0.4, you can downgrade to 1.0.2 as 1.0.2 is confirmed to be the most stable release from my experience.

Just to chip in...i upgraded from 1.0.2 to 1.0.4 on the day I got my unit and have not face any issues, yet, and hopefully stays that way :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back