Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Mar 13, 2018 at 11:41 AM Post #6,211 of 7,140
UELong, Gerryhatrick - yep, many thanks for your input,
at 1.0.8 I had no batt indicator issue on my previous used one, I will be checking on the recently
acquired new rig.
I also heard from another forum fellow about subtle sound difference
so I will check out the 1.0.9 version at some point.
Or maybe when I will need an UCB DAC utility.
That's very good that QP1R allows the FW version to be rolled back.

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2018 at 12:08 PM Post #6,212 of 7,140
I installed 1.09 on the day I received my new unit in January. Not sure I like the 120 step volume change though. As for the "silly battery problem" (not silly to some people) I have not experienced it. I don't know whether 1.09 fixed it (as claimed) or whether I had an unaffected unit from the get go.
Just waving the red cape at the bulls. This obsession with a battery indicator has come at the expense of music, SQ and listening pleasure discourse in this thread.

Mar 13, 2018 at 5:52 PM Post #6,213 of 7,140
Not obsessed with the battery indicator; my unit has been repaired, hopefully everything will be OK. However, it is hard to enjoy the SQ when the music suddenly stops playing :wink: my problem is that it is very difficult for me to accurately see the % gauge as the writing is so small (starting to get long-sighted as well as being short-sighted!!!).

A bigger gripe for me is the quirky scroll wheel and accidentally touching the buttons whilst scrolling which takes me out of the menu I'm in...I also seem to have trouble pausing the player when playing, sometimes it doesn't respond - anyone else have this issue?

Mar 13, 2018 at 6:00 PM Post #6,214 of 7,140
I was very pleased receiving my loaner QP1R from Bruce. Received it just in time to enjoy music on a long flight to Japan. Bruce was so helpful and prompt to facilitate the repair and to provide the loaner.

For those waiting for your loaner unit, please be patient knowing that Bruce is doing his best to accommodate.

I appreciate Bruce's help and support on this forum.

Mar 13, 2018 at 6:18 PM Post #6,215 of 7,140
I also seem to have trouble pausing the player when playing, sometimes it doesn't respond - anyone else have this issue?

Doesn't seem so, no, as for mine. The only thing - if the menu on the left side of the screen is open and the dispay is off
3 presses of the central button are needed to pause a song.

Mar 14, 2018 at 6:18 PM Post #6,217 of 7,140
Today changed my previous Silver Gay to a Gold QP1R - this one as far as I can see is the second
revision (came with the factory adhesive cover on the wheel).

IMG_0937.JPG

IMG_0938.JPG

IMG_0939.JPG

Mar 14, 2018 at 7:56 PM Post #6,218 of 7,140
Today changed my previous Silver Gay to a Gold QP1R - this one as far as I can see is the second
revision (came with the factory adhesive cover on the wheel).

Nice! That gold color is quite chic and dapper!

Mar 14, 2018 at 8:02 PM Post #6,219 of 7,140
Nice! That gold color is quite chic and dapper!

It really is! I originally wanted the gray/silver because I thought the gold would look too glitzy and garish, but they didn't have any silver left in stock, so I went gold. So glad I did - I now much prefer the gold. I think it's still the most beautiful looking DAP out there :)

Mar 14, 2018 at 8:07 PM Post #6,220 of 7,140
It really is! I originally wanted the gray/silver because I thought the gold would look too glitzy and garish, but they didn't have any silver left in stock, so I went gold. So glad I did - I now much prefer the gold. I think it's still the most beautiful looking DAP out there :)
I like both colors including the silver, but I’ll always adore the color gold. I mean, it’s the color of winning!

B253E973-91F7-4C45-862E-C00ED8BE52E8.gif

Mar 14, 2018 at 9:18 PM Post #6,222 of 7,140

Users who are viewing this thread

Back