Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Feb 28, 2018 at 9:25 AM Post #6,181 of 7,140
Well, I've stated my piece about the 'bad indicator' too many times to care. It doesn't bother me.

Yeah, I'm one of the ones who has just come to live with it however it can get frustrating at times. Just now before I turned off my 1R a while ago it displayed 100%. I turned it on now and after the splash screen displaying the QP1R logo it turns off. Batt must've been already below 10% before i slept. To be honest I'm actually checking out the Pioneer XDP-300R right now as most of my friends have it and it's pretty stable and it also has 2 SD card slots

Feb 28, 2018 at 9:28 AM Post #6,182 of 7,140
Yeah, I'm one of the ones who has just come to live with it however it can get frustrating at times. Just now before I turned off my 1R a while ago it displayed 100%. I turned it on now and after the splash screen displaying the QP1R logo it turns off. Batt must've been already below 10% before i slept. To be honest I'm actually checking out the Pioneer XDP-300R right now as most of my friends have it and it's pretty stable and it also has 2 SD card slots
Is the Pioneer a finger dac?

Feb 28, 2018 at 10:08 AM Post #6,183 of 7,140
Just a heads-up - there's an awful lot of frustration over battery issues on the XPD-300R thread. The grass may not be any greener in that regard... :wink:

Feb 28, 2018 at 5:11 PM Post #6,184 of 7,140
Hi guys, i have a question

I was pairing my qp1r with hd650 and lcd 2.2 pf and they sound great with only qp1r which is amazing ..

Iam listening on high gain from 110 to 120, its satisfying to me, may be a bit high for some but ymmv ..

while i was playing some song by evanescence called breathe no more i think.

When the volume is higher then 115 with the lcd2.2, at some vocal high notes in the first minute i hear distortion, not with the hd650, it sounds like total bliss, but when volume is lower than 115 there is no problem.

So does it mean that it is more power then the lcd2.2 can handle, or might be some dust causing it as i havent used it for some time ?

Just need to understand :D

Thanks !

Feb 28, 2018 at 7:42 PM Post #6,185 of 7,140
Hi guys, i have a question

I was pairing my qp1r with hd650 and lcd 2.2 pf and they sound great with only qp1r which is amazing ..

Iam listening on high gain from 110 to 120, its satisfying to me, may be a bit high for some but ymmv ..

while i was playing some song by evanescence called breathe no more i think.

When the volume is higher then 115 with the lcd2.2, at some vocal high notes in the first minute i hear distortion, not with the hd650, it sounds like total bliss, but when volume is lower than 115 there is no problem.

So does it mean that it is more power then the lcd2.2 can handle, or might be some dust causing it as i havent used it for some time ?

Just need to understand :D

Thanks !

I'm trying to get used to using the High Gain with my new Clear Pro's. The 1R drives them fine, but I'm just not used to having to use the High setting to have the similar volume control that I do in Low with my Andro's. Kind of sounds like I'm pushing it (DAP or HP's) when I get up around 40 on the volume, running 1.08fw. Staying strengths-based...I'm happy as hell that the 1R can drive the Clear as well as it does. But I'm considering getting a QP2R or another source to drive them better once I determine the weakest link.

:upside_down:

Mar 2, 2018 at 4:34 PM Post #6,186 of 7,140
My Qp1r is back from the repair.
The good thing :
-After few charging cycles it looks that battery indicator works well. For some may be important that currently I am on 1.08 (I prefer less volume steps), so that was issue not related to firmware.
-My volume knob was also fixed, it was a bit bent after I drop it.
The bad thing :
- It takes two months
- On the front of the player there is deep scratch from bottom to top, luckily I had screen protector so only wheel is affected.
Anyway, player is working as intended, and I am very happy with that.

Mar 2, 2018 at 5:59 PM Post #6,187 of 7,140
My Qp1r is back from the repair.
The good thing :
-After few charging cycles it looks that battery indicator works well. For some may be important that currently I am on 1.08 (I prefer less volume steps), so that was issue not related to firmware.
-My volume knob was also fixed, it was a bit bent after I drop it.
The bad thing :
- It takes two months
- On the front of the player there is deep scratch from bottom to top, luckily I had screen protector so only wheel is affected.
Anyway, player is working as intended, and I am very happy with that.

Was your repair through Questyle North America or do you live outside of the US?

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2018 at 11:08 AM Post #6,190 of 7,140
Well, somewhere, someone scratched it.
But where it happened - I don't know.
It traveled long way, and package probably was opened few times, so I can only live with it. Luckily I will keep it, so that is no problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back