Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Feb 15, 2018 at 7:13 PM Post #6,151 of 7,140
Actually, a bad neck injury from a car accident, but I am still here and answering every email and phone message.

I can be reached at 702-751-9978 or usa@questyleaudio.com any time.

Will that include contacting the owners, who have already submitted contact information, when originally asked? My information was PM'd to you on Dec 7th.

Feb 15, 2018 at 7:20 PM Post #6,152 of 7,140
hi all, anyone use the usb DAC? i have a problem, sometimes i get some distortion. it sounds a little like stutter noise, but very quick stutter. the music continues to play with stutter. when i stop the track and play, i still plays with noise. i use a MacBook pro. thanks
I sometimes use the QP1R, with adjustible line out, as a DAC/Pre-amp for my main power-amp/speaker system. (That's just how good it is.) Source is a windows laptop, Foobar2000 configured for DSD playback, and using the Questyle DSD driver.

The only issue for me is there can be a, not unexpected, click or pop sound when the Questyle DAC comes on or offline, but nothing as you have described. I would suspect some kind of driver problem in your situation, but without knowing your MacBook setup I can't even guess.

Feb 15, 2018 at 8:21 PM Post #6,154 of 7,140
I use my QP1R as a source for my Bottlehead Crack with the 1.1 Speedball upgrade and my Sennheiser HD 650 headphones. It works delightfully well and sounds phenomenal. I use an audioquest Big Sur 3.5 mm to Left/Right Channel RCA interconnect. It sounds clean and beautiful.

Feb 19, 2018 at 8:42 PM Post #6,156 of 7,140
When Amp3 in the UK run out of stock of an item it will state “awaiting stock” with or without an expected date. The QP1R has disappeared from their site altogether. If Questyle won’t give you a straight answer what are Amp3 saying?

Did Amp3 not state at one point that the QP1R was out of production only to be told that was not true?

Feb 19, 2018 at 11:00 PM Post #6,157 of 7,140
The lack of response to my question from any official Questyle source seems to answer my question.

Wouldn't the newly manufactured units with the battery modification already incorporated be hitting the shelves by now, if the QP1R was still in production?

I can not speak for the UK as I do not sell in the UK, but all of the QP1Rs we have sold in the US in the past month and a half or so are all running fw 1.0.9 and do not have any battery indicator problems.

Feb 20, 2018 at 2:52 AM Post #6,161 of 7,140
I have sent PMs to everyone who sent me their info, so if you have not already, please check your messages.

Thanks Bruce, I received my the shipping instruction but unfortunately, I won't be able to ship my defective unit out, until after the end of the month. In the interim, I'd like to know if we'll be getting our original QP1R back after repair? Mine is over 2 years old but in pristine (like new) condition and while I'd what it to function properly, I don't want to receive someone else's unit or a refurb, that's lived a hard life.

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2018 at 3:20 AM Post #6,162 of 7,140
They did. I posted screenshots of various emails to and from AMP3 first saying the QP1R was being dropped and then saying it was a miscommunication and it wasn't. This can all be seen a couple of pages back.

The first batch of customer units came back from China yesterday.

I will confirm when we have new stock, at the moment I have none.

Feb 20, 2018 at 3:29 AM Post #6,163 of 7,140
Thanks Bruce, I received my the shipping instruction but unfortunately, I won't be able to ship my defective unit out, until after the end of the month. In the interim, I'd like to know if we'll be getting our original QP1R back after repair? Mine is over 2 years old but in pristine (like new) condition and while I'd what it to function properly, I don't want to receive someone else's unit or a refurb, that's lived a hard life.

For that exact reason, everyone will receive back the exact unit they send in for repair.

Please ship the player to me as soon as you're able.

Feb 20, 2018 at 5:26 PM Post #6,164 of 7,140
Is there an option for a replacement unit, until the own, send in unit is back at their owner? If it takes more than Month to China and back, it's kind of hard to swallow being without music (it's my only device..)

Feb 21, 2018 at 2:47 AM Post #6,165 of 7,140
Is there an option for a replacement unit, until the own, send in unit is back at their owner? If it takes more than Month to China and back, it's kind of hard to swallow being without music (it's my only device..)
I'll try to help you out with this. Let's pick it up on PM again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back