Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Mar 19, 2018 at 1:56 PM Post #6,242 of 7,140
I believe the request (for a larger font on the battery %) has been made directly to Questyle and they were also unable to accommodate this, so don't feel too bad! Nice work :)

Ye tis okay, will give it some more tries before i give up i guess, from the looks it seems feasible but still cant spot it :D

Mar 20, 2018 at 2:17 PM Post #6,243 of 7,140
Question: I can't test this at the moment

All my tracks are flac and I embed the album art with each track.

Will the QP1R work if I remove all the embedded album artwork and replace with one .jpg file in the album directory? By 'work' I mean still see album covers

I just got an ibasso DX80 and this seems to it's preferred way to handle things

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2018 at 2:29 PM Post #6,244 of 7,140

Will the QP1R work if I remove all the embedded album artwork and replace with one .jpg file in the album directory? By 'work' I mean still see album covers

My QP1R works fine with artwork embedded in the FLAC files.

Mar 20, 2018 at 4:50 PM Post #6,245 of 7,140

This I copied from the original thread post (under Q21)

"Album art is only supported through metadata. As long as the album art is in the metadata, it should show up. File formats which don't support metadata will not show album art.”

"I can add album art and name it anything within the same album folder and it will correspond to the songs in the album. If I have different songs from different albums in the same folder, I can name the album art file the same as the song name and it will display on the screen pertaining to the corresponding song being played."

Seems like maybe conflicting statements? I believe the latter.

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2018 at 4:50 PM Post #6,246 of 7,140
I think question was different.
I found this:
Hi frapp, makes no difference whether tracks on internal memory or on card. If you have updated library, then I would guess your tracks do not have metadata filled in for artist, album, etc. If you have a PC, download free mp3tag and right click on your stored music folders. Then check each track has artist, album, track number, genre completed. Also check album art, which can be embedded into each track or provided by a jpg in each folder. If picture missing because you have relied on an iTunes separate database before, mp3tag can obtain image from Amazon and insert into each track.

If you know all this, then problem lies elsewhere!

Mar 21, 2018 at 10:29 PM Post #6,253 of 7,140
The time between charging and eventual shutdown of my QP1R is becoming lesser and lesser each day and I have not received any sort of help from Bruce (I've PMed my info) or Questyle for that matter. You've got a great sounding DAP that I have to admit but very very poor after sales service.

Mar 21, 2018 at 10:37 PM Post #6,254 of 7,140
Please call our office at 702-751-9978 or email usa@questyleaudio.com I only handle the USA, but I can put you in touch with someone at the factory.

The time between charging and eventual shutdown of my QP1R is becoming lesser and lesser each day and I have not received any sort of help from Bruce (I've PMed my info) or Questyle for that matter. You've got a great sounding DAP that I have to admit but very very poor after sales service.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back