Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Mar 23, 2018 at 9:28 AM Post #6,256 of 7,140
Wow! My player's battery indicator never hit 15%. However, it does on the loaner unit I have.

0323180824_HDR_Film3.jpg

Mar 23, 2018 at 11:18 AM Post #6,257 of 7,140
This I copied from the original thread post (under Q21)

"Album art is only supported through metadata. As long as the album art is in the metadata, it should show up. File formats which don't support metadata will not show album art.”

"I can add album art and name it anything within the same album folder and it will correspond to the songs in the album. If I have different songs from different albums in the same folder, I can name the album art file the same as the song name and it will display on the screen pertaining to the corresponding song being played."

Seems like maybe conflicting statements? I believe the latter.
I use wav without picture meta and a 300dpi jpg within the album folder and it shows up fine. File name seems unimportant.

Mar 23, 2018 at 5:25 PM Post #6,259 of 7,140
Mar 23, 2018 at 6:30 PM Post #6,261 of 7,140
My fixed unit reach 3%, and I charge it then.
My apologies, what does “fixed unit” mean to you? Does that mean your final version unit?

Mar 23, 2018 at 6:42 PM Post #6,263 of 7,140
Sorry, that was not clear. I meant unit which had battery indicator not working properly, and back to me fix after repairing.
For sure - thank you for the clarification.

Mar 26, 2018 at 10:05 AM Post #6,265 of 7,140
Anyone else irritated by the crackle (or whatever that sound is) sound every time QP1R transitions from playing DSD file > PCM file and PCM file > DSD file? Realize problem is by no means unique to QP1R DAP as it is issue with many DAP's as well other audio players. One would think a software solution should be feasible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 26, 2018 at 11:21 AM Post #6,266 of 7,140
Anyone else irritated by the crackle (or whatever that sound is) sound every time QP1R transitions from playing DSD file > PCM file and PCM file > DSD file? Realize problem is by no means unique to QP1R DAP as it is issue with many DAP's as well other audio players. One would think a software solution should be feasible.
I am not irritated.

Mar 26, 2018 at 11:26 AM Post #6,267 of 7,140
I don't know enough about SW or constructing a DAP, but, I'd think it's a DAC chip problem. I know of one DAC in particular, where there is a 20-second transition from one format to the other. They are two majorly diferent approaches to music reproduction, therefore, needing some sort of change in conversion techniques. So, not surprised or needlessly annoyed by a little crack. Just the nature of the beast, I suspect.

Mar 26, 2018 at 7:27 PM Post #6,268 of 7,140
Not irritated. I also listen to records, good job many here dont!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back