Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Feb 1, 2018 at 4:32 AM Post #6,121 of 7,140
I meant if the battery no longer holds a charge ... I can't try it ....since my battery still is working and takes a charge

There are no cases of batteries dying so it's a bit hard to try out. However, due to the way batteries work and are wired in, it would need to have a fault to pass no current whatsoever. In this case it would be unable to pass any power so the QP1R wouldn't work. However, in reality that's highly unlikely to happen. It's more likely it would slowly hold less and less charge. In this case, even if the battery was at the end of its life span and held little charge, mains power would always still pass through and the QP1R would work, not relying on the battery to operate.

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2018 at 11:06 AM Post #6,122 of 7,140
I meant if the battery no longer holds a charge ... I can't try it ....since my battery still is working and takes a charge
If and when the QP1R no longer holds a charge, I would try it and let us know how it goes!

Feb 3, 2018 at 8:52 AM Post #6,124 of 7,140
hi all, anyone use the usb DAC? i have a problem, sometimes i get some distortion. it sounds a little like stutter noise, but very quick stutter. the music continues to play with stutter. when i stop the track and play, i still plays with noise. i use a MacBook pro. thanks

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2018 at 9:19 AM Post #6,125 of 7,140
hi all, anyone use the usb DAC? i have a problem, sometimes i get some distortion. it sounds a little like stutter noise, but very quick stutter. the music continues to play with stutter. when i stop the track and play, i still plays with noise. i use a MacBook pro. thanks

There is now a setting to lock or unlock the volume.

Feb 4, 2018 at 10:55 AM Post #6,127 of 7,140
Yes, thanks for your tip. i realized that shortly after my post so i removed it.

but still have the problem with USB DAC. any advice would be much appreciated.

I have never used a player as a DAC. I am fully portable, save for my Bottlehead Crack with 1.1 Speedball upgrade, with Sennheiser HD650 headphones, and Audioquest Big Sur, 3.5mm to RCA interconnect. That sits on my nightstand. I never use a computer itself for music.

Feb 6, 2018 at 6:10 PM Post #6,128 of 7,140
If anyone's interested in reassurance about their QP1R, John Grandburg, @project86, posted a review of the A&K Kann. I mention it mainly because he mentions the QP favourably; particularly the treble, against the older high-priced AK2XX and 3XX DAPS. See page 2.

Feb 13, 2018 at 10:34 AM Post #6,131 of 7,140
I sent it to local service center, and then they sent it back to China, as they can't fix it. I received a message today from local service that package is already in my country, probably this week package will be released from customs.

Feb 13, 2018 at 10:34 AM Post #6,132 of 7,140
Did you send it to the shop you bought it from, the local distributor, or Questyle themselves? Matt for SCV, the UK distributor says the turnaround is a month and they will supply a loan unit. I always thought a month to China, repair and back sounded optimistic, but if that's what he's bee told.

Does anyone know if Questyle are shipping the modified units to their distributors, as yet?

My experience was that they will provide a loaner so that you don't have to go without while your player is being serviced. However, you will need to pay to ship the loaned player back to whoever provided it before your player is returned. So while having a player to use may seem like a nice idea...you need to decide whether it is worth the price of shipping and insurance to return it. Having a loaner does not affect how quickly your player is serviced and in fact, may delay the process of having it returned to you. YMMV

Feb 13, 2018 at 7:41 PM Post #6,134 of 7,140
I have two QP1R's and they both don't work correctly with the battery

One unit is from when they first came out and the other was from moon audio 11/17 with the new wheel

So that makes 9 units in the USA

And yes they have 1.0.9

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2018 at 11:09 PM Post #6,135 of 7,140
That's why I think we can't say, that only seven units in USA is affected. We may say that only seven people decide send it back to repair. I think there are people who just decide "live with" not working properly battery indicator.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back