Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Feb 19, 2017 at 1:50 PM Post #4,127 of 7,140
I wonder if anyone has compare qp1r with the opus#2?

I did at CanJam London. Not getting too lengthy, but my overall consensus is that the Opus #2 (and #1) are not as detailed and coherent in resolution and sound as the QP1R.

Feb 19, 2017 at 11:21 PM Post #4,128 of 7,140
Hi moedawg140,

Thanks for the reply!

I was wondering if balance output does really sound better than single-ended? I always see people claiming that which I want to try dap with 2.5mm balance output to see if it is better than qp1r single-ended.

Feb 20, 2017 at 1:12 AM Post #4,129 of 7,140
Hi moedawg140,

Thanks for the reply!

I was wondering if balance output does really sound better than single-ended? I always see people claiming that which I want to try dap with 2.5mm balance output to see if it is better than qp1r single-ended.

Depends on many factors.   Balanced is only one factor in the overall totality of sound.  For example, the Chord Hugo only uses SE and it sounds pretty good to most people that have listened to it.  I would try whatever you'd like to compare, volume-matched, and choose the DAP/combination that sounds the best to you.

Cheers

Feb 20, 2017 at 2:30 AM Post #4,130 of 7,140
Thanks!moedawg140.

I was thinking about dx200 but it still has many issues and also only 1 sd card slot.

Wm1a is also another dap i was thinking but i did not try the balance before. Se from wm1a is not as good as qp1r for me so I wonder if the balance is better than qp1r.

Still hoping for a dap that has 2 sd card slots that has better sq than qp1r.

Feb 20, 2017 at 8:05 PM Post #4,133 of 7,140
Feb 20, 2017 at 8:12 PM Post #4,134 of 7,140
Thanks!moedawg140.

I was thinking about dx200 but it still has many issues and also only 1 sd card slot.

Wm1a is also another dap i was thinking but i did not try the balance before. Se from wm1a is not as good as qp1r for me so I wonder if the balance is better than qp1r.

4.4 from wm1a can match qp1r

Feb 20, 2017 at 8:14 PM Post #4,135 of 7,140
Thanks!moedawg140.

Youll be waiting a while and be $1000's of dollars poorer.

Feb 20, 2017 at 8:48 PM Post #4,136 of 7,140
The only DAP that I have found out of all of my tests that has sound quality comparable to the QP1R so far is the four-thousand-dollar heavy-as-an-anvil AK380 Copper. Even $5 earbuds such as the Monk Plus can sound pretty darn good paired with the QP1R.

Feb 20, 2017 at 9:18 PM Post #4,137 of 7,140
It looks like very tough to find the ideal dap at thr moment. I have not hear the ak380cu but if qp1r is comparable to it then qp1r is indeed very good!

I always curious about the balance sound but I had tried wm1z on SE and balance and found the balance open up the vocal and sound stage is wider and deeper. But wm1z sound signature is not i like but the layering os good. That is why i know price does not equate to sq. Too bad for me that i cannot try balance on wm1a as that shop do not have the adapter.

Just read about Shanling M5 which seems like another good dap too. I have not tried before.

Feb 20, 2017 at 10:32 PM Post #4,138 of 7,140
A guy named Sound Eq in this forum told me that his Cowon plenue S beats his AK380. He never owned a QP1R, and I cant imagine that Cowon S sounds better than the QP1R.
I own a QP1R and probably will buy daps only from questyle, I became a fanboy! Still curious about the Cowon plenue S.

Feb 20, 2017 at 10:50 PM Post #4,139 of 7,140
I have Cowon P1 and have tried "S" but on SE and there is no difference but do not know if balance will better.

Cowon P1 vs qp1r, still qp1r is better. If using dsp on P1 then the sound is fantastic but to me it alter the sound. I like dap that sounds good without any effects add on.

Feb 20, 2017 at 11:10 PM Post #4,140 of 7,140
  A guy named Sound Eq in this forum told me that his Cowon plenue S beats his AK380. He never owned a QP1R, and I cant imagine that Cowon S sounds better than the QP1R.
I own a QP1R and probably will buy daps only from questyle, I became a fanboy! Still curious about the Cowon plenue S.

The DAPs ,which are reasonable (price/performance) to me to date, are the DX200 ,Opus2 and the Paw gold or may be HM901 balanced first edition (if you like analog sounding dap)
I used to own the Cowon P1, but I've never listened to the plenue S. To me the P1 just sounds different from the QP1R. P1 is warm, narrow soundstage and very slow (not as dynamic as the QP1R or HM901).
If the Plenue S sounds similar to the P1 then I understand why SoundEQ said he like the Plenue S more than the Ak380. They are just different from each other, you could not say something is better than something based only just on you own preference. I think some may like Ak380 more than the Plenue S, some may prefer the Plenue S.
Actually you should ask yourself what kind of sound do you want, if you want analog sound HM901 or maybe Plenue S are for you. If you want clarity, detail, soundstage then maybe Opus2 and Paw gold are for you.

Look what Moedawg140 said
"The only DAP that I have found out of all of my tests that has sound quality comparable to the QP1R so far is the four-thousand-dollar heavy-as-an-anvil AK380 Copper. Even $5 earbuds such as the Monk Plus can sound pretty darn good paired with the QP1R."

I would like to say it is his preference, to me the HM901 balance is as good as the QP1R , eventhough what he wrote in the comparison imply that the HM901 balance is inferior to the QP1R. I used to own the HM901 balance and am now owning the QP1R, I know myself that sometime I think about my HM901 and wanna buy it back in the future to complement the QP1R. To some ears (me for example), the QP1R is very bright dap. I cannot listen to it for a long time if I pair it with the Andromeda or Vega (to me the worst combination ever is QP1R+Vega, some people said they match well to each other, but that is their opinions and their preferences, not my). And when you listen to some songs, I think I like the sound presentation of HM901 balance more than QP1R.

Hope you pick the right dap that suits your taste

Users who are viewing this thread

Back