Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Feb 15, 2017 at 7:53 PM Post #4,112 of 7,140
  Anyone have or had both the original and 'new-improved' version...can you comment on differences in sound quality? I'm reading some say the newer version sounds better...?

I'm trying to be blissfully ignorant so I don't have to spend again, haha. Won't even go for the upgrade program (if there is one) bcos I wouldn't want to be separated from them.

Has anyone compared the QP1R to DX200 though? I'd love to know how they stack up since both are known to punch beyond their price tag.

Feb 17, 2017 at 8:36 PM Post #4,114 of 7,140
Hey guys, just made this post in the other thread but next week for those making out to The Source AV event I will be bringing out a new wheel QP1R and an old version QP1R for those who want to hear and compare.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/807600/cavalli-audio-presents-the-source-av-s-summer-series-2016/405#post_13263449

Still haven't heard a decision on how to approach a upgrade path but I have been passing along the suggestions we receive.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Feb 18, 2017 at 8:50 AM Post #4,117 of 7,140
The scroll wheel issue is not really a big deal since you can navigate albums by the various toich sensitive buttons with tactile feedback and works well. My biggest gripe is the painfully slow scroll speed to read song titles when the album and artist name are long. It would be a pain to manually change all of the metadata to shorten the titles. Next upgrade should make this another user option. Also, viewing albums by cover art in a scroll list would also be nice.

Feb 18, 2017 at 9:13 PM Post #4,119 of 7,140
  The scroll wheel issue is not really a big deal since you can navigate albums by the various toich sensitive buttons with tactile feedback and works well. Agree and it's what I do.

It would be a pain to manually change all of the metadata to shorten the titles. Don't go there.

Also, viewing albums by cover art in a scroll list would also be nice. It would be nice, but there must be limits to what Questyle can do to avoid system resource issues affecting operating performance.

I won't be upgrading my QP1R for a better scroll wheel. Don't use scroll wheel except for pushing center of it to select an item. IME most upgrades are sideways moves with subjective improvements and I'm happy as a clam with my QP1R and occasional Questyle firmware updates. If I buy a replacement for my QP1R it will have to 1. have as good sound quality 2. be similar in cost and 3. have a touch screen and comparable battery life with two SD card slots. To date I have not heard a DAP I like as much for price. 

Owned two QP1R's and sold one. Buyer is very pleased with QP1R SQ and giving buyer some free SD cards bumped his happiness quotient up a notch as well. :wink:

I thought QP1R had the lamest UI on earth until I got a feel for the touch buttons...I can now navigate pretty quick through all the music and jump back and forth between SD cards without any problem.

Feb 18, 2017 at 9:31 PM Post #4,120 of 7,140
I thought QP1R had the lamest UI on earth until I got a feel for the touch buttons...I can now navigate pretty quick through all the music and jump back and forth between SD cards without any problem.
It isn't great but works for me and the SQ makes up fo a lot.

Feb 18, 2017 at 9:39 PM Post #4,122 of 7,140
For choosing and listening TO music it's perfect. For switching and changing music it's a little hard...
What I don't like is, when I am on random all songs, I'm not able to choose a song in between fast, I have to change to browse files...

Feb 18, 2017 at 9:59 PM Post #4,123 of 7,140
For choosing and listening TO music it's perfect. For switching and changing music it's a little hard...
What I don't like is, when I am on random all songs, I'm not able to choose a song in between fast, I have to change to browse files...
Like I said not great but they do update firmware on a pretty good basis and have made great strides on many issues so this could be one in the future who knows. They said they couldn't do a USB dac but they did it so who know what is possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back