Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Feb 10, 2017 at 10:51 PM Post #4,081 of 7,140
  Hey guys:
On the other thread, there's noise about newer QP1Rs coming out with a new and improved wheel.  But, the more interesting thing may be is that there's been an internal change-up in parts, which I'm curious to find out about.  @moedawg140 have you heard any news about this?  I know you're tuned in and well respected by the company.

I heard about it - the new wheel works well, especially when compared to the older QP1R wheels.

Moe is a great friend and personal friend. I showed him briefly and he felt the new wheel. I know Moe has been a busy guy lately with work and family but maybe I can try to arrange for him to compare the new and old batch qp1r.

Always good to hang out with you whenever we can, my friend!  Hopefully we can both make Singapore next month and have fun around the town!

Feb 10, 2017 at 10:58 PM Post #4,082 of 7,140
It is disappointing to me that they improved the wheel instead of doing it right the first time. I paid good money for a QP1R only to find that mine is stuck with the original wheel if there is no upgrade option.

Feb 10, 2017 at 11:54 PM Post #4,084 of 7,140
http://www.head-fi.org/t/778877/review-questyle-audio-qp1r-with-multiple-headphone-and-iem-pairings/4050#post_13244172

Feb 11, 2017 at 8:41 AM Post #4,086 of 7,140
Feb 11, 2017 at 3:32 PM Post #4,087 of 7,140
The new wheel was not available when the qp1r was originally developed and developed down the line when work was being down on the next generation of Questyle players. Ideally the qp1r wheel can just be simply upgraded but the problem is that in making a new wheel that there were changes made in the new batch that may not be possible to upgrade on existing units.

We are toying with a number of ideas but certainly if current owners want to throw some suggestions out I would be happy to try to pass it along.

The situation is certainly a bit tricky and while we, Questyle, can't make any promises right now we are certainly having a lot of meetings with the engineering team discussing the matter.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Feb 11, 2017 at 3:41 PM Post #4,089 of 7,140
I myself never use the wheel as the buttons do the same thing with more control. I would be happy to ditch the wheel all together.

Feb 11, 2017 at 3:49 PM Post #4,091 of 7,140
It would be nice to get a better wheel. But I wouldn't pay much here. The wheel is ok, and as the player don't need much playing around (no apps, no Wi-Fi, etc), choosing music and go with it, I can handle this thing with the sticker more so.
I would love to here from Questyle if there is hope on the battery indicator inaccuracy thing?

Feb 11, 2017 at 5:02 PM Post #4,092 of 7,140
The new wheel was not available when the qp1r was originally developed and developed down the line when work was being down on the next generation of Questyle players. Ideally the qp1r wheel can just be simply upgraded but the problem is that in making a new wheel that there were changes made in the new batch that may not be possible to upgrade on existing units.

We are toying with a number of ideas but certainly if current owners want to throw some suggestions out I would be happy to try to pass it along.

The situation is certainly a bit tricky and while we, Questyle, can't make any promises right now we are certainly having a lot of meetings with the engineering team discussing the matter.

Maybe exchange the old for the newer and pay the difference plus a little more. The old could then be refurbished or recycled by Questyle.

Feb 11, 2017 at 7:35 PM Post #4,093 of 7,140
  Why not offer a trade-in scheme and then sell the refurbished units. This would get people into the Questyle family that otherwise might not be able to afford it.

Maybe exchange the old for the newer and pay the difference plus a little more. The old could then be refurbished or recycled by Questyle.

This has been an idea floated around but we possibly foresee at least some issues presently. First would possibly be what should the "difference" value be set at as we run a number of costs to refurb the unit and secondly if a unit comes back with a number dings and scratches it can't be refurbed and need to be recycled which comes to quite a bit of a loss. Without a doubt given the thousands of QP1R in circulation getting back them all at once poses a sort of logistically nightmare. Whatever is decided will likely be done in a sort of waves approach or something along those lines.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back