Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Nov 11, 2016 at 4:49 AM Post #3,601 of 7,140
Welcome to the thread, @miceblue!

I usually don't give cable recommendations a whole lot anymore (for various reasons), but if you can, try your PM-3 with some Wireworld cables.  I was able to try out the entire gamut of Wireworld cables with the PM-3 (and a Pono unfortunately :tongue_smile: ), and the cables (from copper to SPC to flagship silver) really woke up the headphone compared to the stock cable.

Thanks! : D

Maybe I'll give their copper cable a try.
http://store.wireworldcable.com/collections/mini-jack-cables/products/iworld-mini-jack-interconnect-cable

Is that cable meant to fit in the PM-3 though? The PM-3 has a narrow, long-insert plug, which has been kind of problematic for cable DIYers.

Nov 11, 2016 at 5:30 AM Post #3,602 of 7,140
Thanks! : D

Maybe I'll give their copper cable a try.
http://store.wireworldcable.com/collections/mini-jack-cables/products/iworld-mini-jack-interconnect-cable

Is that cable meant to fit in the PM-3 though? The PM-3 has a narrow, long-insert plug, which has been kind of problematic for cable DIYers.

Anytime! The cables I tried were part of the demo series that they bring to events, so the ones that you could purchase online may vary, and I am not entirely sure if they made any new products since I tested out their lineup earlier this year, meaning I'm not 100% certain that I listened to the specific cable that is mentioned. If you contact Wireworld I'm sure they could make one that fits the PM-3 as sufficiently as possible.

On another note, let's get some sleep! :beerchug:

Nov 11, 2016 at 7:02 PM Post #3,603 of 7,140
In the Las Vegas or Nevada area and looking to try out some wonderful high end headphones?​
 ​
 ​
Listening In Style!
NOVEMBER 17th, 2016 - 7pm-9pm
@STITCHED Located inside of the Cosmopolitan​
 ​
https://www.facebook.com/events/1091372350918419/​
 ​
Come and join The Audio Video Boutique at StitchedLife next Thursday 11/17 inside of The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas! We are going to be "Listening In Style" with Several Hi-End Headphone Manufactures while being Dressed to the Nines by StitchedLife, Las Vegas Premier Clothier... Audio Systems Created & Provided by Questyle Audio with Bubbly provided by Champagne Perrier-Jouët!​

Questyle Audio Engineering Stay updated on Questyle Audio Engineering at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/questyleaudioeng @Questyle_Technology https://www.questyle.com info@questyle.com
Nov 11, 2016 at 8:25 PM Post #3,604 of 7,140
I personally experienced more clarity, increased quality of every acoustic spectrum, but the enhancement(s) are slightly different in tonality as you listen to the different Wireworld elemental cables.  Best would be to contact Wireworld and see if you can listen to their cable(s) and make the decision if you like the cable(s) yourself.  Even their cheapest copper was an upgrade sonically to me compared to the stock cable.  Here is more information regarding Wireworld: http://www.wireworldcable.com/.

Maybe you don't even remember, but do you think one of the cables is more warm sounding? The price in this series is rising very fast, I can't imagine(until now) to give away as much money as a third of the headphone itself.

Nov 11, 2016 at 9:02 PM Post #3,605 of 7,140
Maybe you don't even remember, but do you think one of the cables is more warm sounding? The price in this series is rising very fast, I can't imagine(until now) to give away as much money as a third of the headphone itself.

Yes.

Nov 11, 2016 at 10:20 PM Post #3,606 of 7,140
In the Las Vegas or Nevada area and looking to try out some wonderful high end headphones?​

[COLOR=FF4400]
[/COLOR]

Listening In Style!

NOVEMBER 17th, 2016 - 7pm-9pm

@STITCHED Located inside of the Cosmopolitan​

Come and join The Audio Video Boutique at StitchedLife next Thursday 11/17 inside of The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas! We are going to be "Listening In Style" with Several Hi-End Headphone Manufactures while being Dressed to the Nines by StitchedLife, Las Vegas Premier Clothier... Audio Systems Created & Provided by Questyle Audio with Bubbly provided by Champagne Perrier-Jouët!​

Would be really nice to go - unfortunately I've got to work during the weekdays or else I would have made a pilgrimage to Vegas for the event!

Thanks for the post/invite and whoever attends, have lots of fun! :beerchug:

Nov 12, 2016 at 11:00 AM Post #3,608 of 7,140

The Wireworld cables are the real deal.  The progression is usually copper, better copper, spc, silver...  with geometry and dielectic improvements as you move up the line/price spectrum.   They are not designed to sound a specific way, but are designed to be indistinguishable from "no wire" at all. 

Highly recommended.  

Nov 12, 2016 at 2:39 PM Post #3,609 of 7,140
The Wireworld cables are the real deal.  The progression is usually copper, better copper, spc, silver...  with geometry and dielectic improvements as you move up the line/price spectrum.   They are not designed to sound a specific way, but are designed to be indistinguishable from "no wire" at all. 

Highly recommended.  

There's a big jump up in price from copper to better copper. How big can this difference be? Amy impressions I would be grateful.
I contacted wireworld yesterday, no answer at this point.
The silver and even the better copper version costs almost the headphone, so I don't know. But would like to give them a try

Nov 12, 2016 at 3:29 PM Post #3,610 of 7,140
There's a big jump up in price from copper to better copper. How big can this difference be? Amy impressions I would be grateful.
I contacted wireworld yesterday, no answer at this point.
The silver and even the better copper version costs almost the headphone, so I don't know. But would like to give them a try

I strongly suggest you test any expensive cables you may be considering, before you make a purchase. There are many who feel the differences are negligible if any at all.

Nov 12, 2016 at 4:56 PM Post #3,611 of 7,140
I strongly suggest you test any expensive cables you may be considering, before you make a purchase. There are many who feel the differences are negligible if any at all.

In my opinion, and especially specifically referring to the Wireworld cable lineup, there are clear auditory/tonal differences that I experienced between the elemental cables.

Nov 12, 2016 at 6:46 PM Post #3,612 of 7,140
In my opinion, and especially specifically referring to the Wireworld cable lineup, there are clear auditory/tonal differences that I experienced between the elemental cables.

Absolutely. Many people swear by cable upgrades and can hear significant improvements, but I think we can all agree that it's a controversial topic and that YMMV. My parting suggestion on this topic is to test before you invest :)

Nov 12, 2016 at 6:55 PM Post #3,613 of 7,140
Absolutely. Many people swear by cable upgrades and can hear significant improvements, but I think we can all agree that it's a controversial topic and that YMMV. My parting suggestion on this topic is to test before you invest
smily_headphones1.gif

Listen and judge for yourself before saying statements like "There are many who feel the differences are negligible if any at all" (shouldn't say that regardless because it's your opinion of others, not your own sole opinion) and especially if you have not actually listened to the various discussed equipment yourself.

Nov 12, 2016 at 7:07 PM Post #3,614 of 7,140
I would really like to listen to these wireworlds. It's not that easy to get some listen on such cables in Switzerland tough, when you're not buying them.
There's one distributor here, he charges 3 times the prices as on the official website. i can't believe this. And I don't think he has the cables in store, to come by and get some listening. Especially when I'm assuming, that the stock versions from the wireworld series won't fit in my pm-3s.
But you're right crafty, I can't buy some cable that expensive without some testing.
Maybe I could return them.

Nov 12, 2016 at 7:14 PM Post #3,615 of 7,140
Listen and judge for yourself before saying statements like "There are many who feel the differences are negligible if any at all" (shouldn't say that regardless because it's your opinion of others, not your own sole opinion) and especially if you have not actually listened to the various discussed equipment yourself.

I've done blind tests with various cables in the past and couldn't hear a difference. I don't expect to suddenly start hearing those differences now, so there isn't much point in me continuing to test them. I mentioned that many others felt the same, as this is a contentious issue that has two strongly opposed camps and I think it's only right that a prospective buyer who has noted he has concerns about spending large amounts on a cable upgrade realises this.

I think my suggestion for him to try before he buys is completely reasonable :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back