Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Oct 7, 2016 at 4:28 AM Post #3,138 of 7,140
Is anyone bothered about the way the UI organises the tracks? e.g. It does Genres>Tracks vs what I would have hoped to be Genres>Artist>Album>Tracks.

I know you can navigate by file directory, but (a) that misses the point as it makes the navigation by attribute pointless and (b) doesn't work if you have music of the same genre (for e.g.) on two (or three!) different locations (2 sd slots + internal memory).

Oct 7, 2016 at 6:50 AM Post #3,139 of 7,140
Three hours until my QP1R gets delivered... I'm more excited than a kid at Xmas
biggrin.gif

Oct 7, 2016 at 8:10 AM Post #3,140 of 7,140
I think Bruce has a video of how to apply the scroll wheel plastic. Don't do what I did and rip all the little stickers off first and then get fingerprints on and consequently losing stickiness of the protector :D

Oct 7, 2016 at 8:12 AM Post #3,141 of 7,140
I think Bruce has a video of how to apply the scroll wheel plastic. Don't do what I did and rip all the little stickers off first and then get fingerprints on and consequently losing stickiness of the protector
biggrin.gif

​Does it come in the box now? Or do we need to order them directly from Questyle?

Oct 7, 2016 at 8:32 AM Post #3,143 of 7,140
Mine came in the box. I don't know if it was put in by the dealer or by questyle. If they're not inside you can always ask them to send some to you. Doesn't stop you using it in the meantime as the capacitive buttons work well(for me!)

Oct 7, 2016 at 10:44 AM Post #3,144 of 7,140
moedawg140 interested in your thoughts of the AR M2 versus the QP1R. I love the design and placement of buttons on the AR but its output impedance is 10 ohms, which will affect the frequency response of all my armature iems. AR has a dongle, much like the iFi Match, which supposedly reduces the output impedance like a voltage splitter. Please try that with your Zeus and Andromeda if you get a chance. Appreciate it!

Oct 7, 2016 at 10:50 AM Post #3,145 of 7,140
moedawg140 interested in your thoughts of the AR M2 versus the QP1R. I love the design and placement of buttons on the AR but its output impedance is 10 ohms, which will affect the frequency response of all my armature iems. AR has a dongle, much like the iFi Match, which supposedly reduces the output impedance like a voltage splitter. Please try that with your Zeus and Andromeda if you get a chance. Appreciate it!

Will do, my friend! The Andromeda will be listened with Penon Audio tips and not my Snugs Andromeda custom sleeves. Additionally, I'll also try with any other DAP(s) AR brings to hear how they compare as well. :beerchug:

Oct 7, 2016 at 8:04 PM Post #3,146 of 7,140
@moedawg140 interested in your thoughts of the AR M2 versus the QP1R. I love the design and placement of buttons on the AR but its output impedance is 10 ohms, which will affect the frequency response of all my armature iems. 

Hi, shotgunshane -

You may want to consider AR's other model, the M20, which is specifically designed for IEMs. The M2 is geared toward headphones, especially hard-to-drive 'phones, and that's why I'm interested in it.

Best regards,
Brian

Oct 7, 2016 at 8:30 PM Post #3,147 of 7,140
Hi, shotgunshane -

You may want to consider AR's other model, the M20, which is specifically designed for IEMs. The M2 is geared toward headphones, especially hard-to-drive 'phones, and that's why I'm interested in it.

Best regards,
Brian

The M20 only appears to have volume buttons on the side, which is a disappointment. Not sure about its output impedance is of it but I'm guessing it's high too?

Oct 8, 2016 at 6:21 AM Post #3,150 of 7,140
Morning boys and girls. Has anyone managed to source a screen protector for their QP1R?

It's a thing of beauty, but I'm terrified of it getting scratched up.

I heard Dignis were chucking one in with their cases, but they are next to impossible to find in the UK and to be honest I really wanted the tan brown Questyle case anyway.

What's everyone else doing to protect theirs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back