Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Oct 5, 2016 at 5:48 PM Post #3,121 of 7,140
​Yeah I'm subbed to that thread and I actually just missed out on an open box QP1R that was being sold for less than £500. Gutted!

I'm just being impatient and can't be bothered to wait. I want one NOW! lol

Do you have the gold or the grey?

I wanted to get the grey but ended up with gold. Very nice looking in the metal. I think advancedmp3 took just under a week to deliver but considering it's the weekend you're definitely not getting it next day! It was 10% off so take £79 off. Otherwise I saw it at selfridges if you want it immediately

Oct 5, 2016 at 6:55 PM Post #3,123 of 7,140
I wanted to get the grey but ended up with gold. Very nice looking in the metal. I think advancedmp3 took just under a week to deliver but considering it's the weekend you're definitely not getting it next day! It was 10% off so take £79 off. Otherwise I saw it at selfridges if you want it immediately

​I already looked at Selfridges. They have 1 gold one for £699 but they will only do it for delivery and not in store pick up. To make it worse they won't do next day delivery on it and will only guarantee within 7 days :frowning2:

Bottom line is I can pick one up tomorrow for £699 in Grey, so I may end up doing that

Oct 5, 2016 at 8:07 PM Post #3,124 of 7,140
Well after a couple of hours of searching the web, I managed to find a gold unit for £679.00 with next day delivery.

I've paid and now I just have to wait impatiently until Friday :D

Oct 5, 2016 at 8:22 PM Post #3,125 of 7,140
Well after a couple of hours of searching the web, I managed to find a gold unit for £679.00 with next day delivery.

I've paid and now I just have to wait impatiently until Friday :D
You will be rewarded for the wait.

Oct 5, 2016 at 8:41 PM Post #3,127 of 7,140
Congrats and good find. U.K. Distributor shows all its vendors at £749 except for one at £699

​It took some serious searching!

Oct 6, 2016 at 5:01 AM Post #3,130 of 7,140
I believe both versions qp1 and qp1r come in gold and grey color.
Make sure you are looking qp1r?

​It's definitely the QP1R. The QP1 is even harder to find in the UK.

It's actually the stockist for Amazon UK who sell the device cheaper if you contact them direct :)

Oct 6, 2016 at 5:17 AM Post #3,131 of 7,140
Crafty let me know your thoughts. I might jump ship too
smily_headphones1.gif

I will mate. On another note, apologies I haven't got back to you about the ZX2 settings you asked me about the other day. I will endeavour to do so later today.

Oct 6, 2016 at 9:56 AM Post #3,132 of 7,140
Is there somewhere on this detailed review a discussion about music file downloading?
I use iTunes to import and organize my playlists. But I also have HiRes files from HDtracks,
Amazon, etc.

Will it import playlists? Or, start over making new lists? Does it "play nice" w/ iTunes?

Burtron5

Oct 6, 2016 at 4:55 PM Post #3,134 of 7,140
Is there somewhere on this detailed review a discussion about music file downloading?
I use iTunes to import and organize my playlists. But I also have HiRes files from HDtracks,
Amazon, etc.

Will it import playlists? Or, start over making new lists? Does it "play nice" w/ iTunes?

Burtron5
I'm not a playlist fan. So I can't speak to that. I suspect not.

The QP1 does not show up as a device in iTunes. It simply appears as a external drive on your computer when you attach it. (With the new DAC capability, you have to ensure it has been switched back to Disk in USB settings under System Settings).

It is easy to import music. You locate where iTunes stores your music and then copy the folders you want over to the player internal storage or to either of the storage cards. You get to create your own folder tree system. I like by Artist with individual albums in sub folders. If there is art in iTunes, it will automatically move with the folder and be visible when you are playing a tune.

Music that you get outside of iTunes can also simply be copied to the player.

Hope that helps.

Oct 6, 2016 at 5:06 PM Post #3,135 of 7,140
Amazon, etc.

Burtron5

I'd like to jump into the Playlist question myself, since FW hasn't been updated to include Play options that have been suggested YET. 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back