Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Sep 30, 2015 at 7:42 AM Post #151 of 7,140

Lol.. you are right! I am very positive about Q1PR SQ.. so I am going to live in your thread

The QP1R SQ is A-OK! (exemplary)

Kinda like having both threads.  If the beefing gets too much, slip over here to the warm glow of this one.
Also, my unit is in Toronto, now.  They're hoping I'll drive up and pick it up.  My wife won't let me drive her car for some reason.  LOL

Kind of like a massage after a difficult day with whatever ails you - simply comforting. 
o2smile.gif

Congrats on your unit!  Soon you'll have it in your hands.

As for your wife not letting you drive her car - Google's Self-Driving car is making progress: 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_driverless_car

http://www.google.com/selfdrivingcar/

http://www.cnet.com/news/googles-big-new-idea-lets-make-self-driving-cars-drive-like-humans/

That's one of my non-audiophile dreams.

Oct 1, 2015 at 6:22 AM Post #152 of 7,140

That's one of my non-audiophile dreams.

This will be a great reality, and will help those that should not be driving on the roads for various reasons as well.

Oct 5, 2015 at 5:21 PM Post #154 of 7,140
Has Questyle QP1 L/R (left/right) balance control?

Not sure, the QP1 won't be available until October 17th.

The QP1R doesn't currently have a L/R balance setting, however it can probably be forwarded to the designer of the firmware for addition if expressed as a want/need.

Oct 5, 2015 at 8:38 PM Post #156 of 7,140
  +1 for a balance control

I sent your request to the powers that be, so they can send it to the designer of the firmware to possibly create the balance control option.

Oct 5, 2015 at 11:12 PM Post #158 of 7,140
Oct 6, 2015 at 3:33 AM Post #159 of 7,140
Got mine on Thursday.  Sounds beautiful and clear right out of the box.  Can't wait around for burnin, so I'll just burn in with it and enjoy developments as they come.  1st album was GauchoDSD; mouth open.
One little thing, Moedawg.  No big deal, but I found a little EQ.ini 1kb file in the onboard storage.  Is it needed for anything or can I just get rid of it?
Thanks.

Oct 6, 2015 at 3:57 AM Post #160 of 7,140
  Got mine on Thursday.  Sounds beautiful and clear right out of the box.  Can't wait around for burnin, so I'll just burn in with it and enjoy developments as they come.  1st album was GauchoDSD; mouth open.
One little thing, Moedawg.  No big deal, but I found a little EQ.ini 1kb file in the onboard storage.  Is it needed for anything or can I just get rid of it?
Thanks.

Glad you like the QP1R!  It is one special DAP, that is for certain.

As for the eq.ini file, you do not want to delete that, as I am sure that houses the EQ settings for the QP1R.  Also, on the onboard storage for my QP1R are these hidden folders that you do not want to delete either: ".Spotlight-V100", ".Trashes", and TRASHES file "._.Trashes".  I am not sure if these files are on your QP1R as well, but if they are, don't delete those either.  Especially if it's housed on the onboard storage, I personally wouldn't delete files (kind of like PC/Windows files that get installed onto the root drive, best to not delete the installed files unless you know exactly what the file or files do and that it won't affect the system in any adverse manner). 

Oct 6, 2015 at 9:36 AM Post #161 of 7,140

Thanks.

Glad you like the QP1R!  It is one special DAP, that is for certain.

As for the eq.ini file, you do not want to delete that, as I am sure that houses the EQ settings for the QP1R.  Also, on the onboard storage for my QP1R are these hidden folders that you do not want to delete either: ".Spotlight-V100", ".Trashes", and TRASHES file "._.Trashes".  I am not sure if these files are on your QP1R as well, but if they are, don't delete those either.  Especially if it's housed on the onboard storage, I personally wouldn't delete files (kind of like PC/Windows files that get installed onto the root drive, best to not delete the installed files unless you know exactly what the file or files do and that it won't affect the system in any adverse manner). 

Thanks.  Good thing I asked.  That's the only file I see; the others must be hidden.  Just as well.

Oct 6, 2015 at 9:38 AM Post #162 of 7,140
Really liked the QP1R at CanJam. Got to play with it directly against the AK380 and Paw Gold. For it's price-point I don't think the QP1R can be beat for SQ! The UI isn't as slick as the AK's of course, but that's not my main concern. If I didn't already have my Wave Ultimate on order I might have jumped in for the QP1R. Enjoy!

Oct 6, 2015 at 1:01 PM Post #163 of 7,140
  Really liked the QP1R at CanJam. Got to play with it directly against the AK380 and Paw Gold. For it's price-point I don't think the QP1R can be beat for SQ! The UI isn't as slick as the AK's of course, but that's not my main concern. If I didn't already have my Wave Ultimate on order I might have jumped in for the QP1R. Enjoy!

Did you also get to hear the Lotoo 5000? Any thoughts on how it's sound compares to the Questyle?

Oct 6, 2015 at 2:22 PM Post #164 of 7,140

Did you also get to hear the Lotoo 5000? Any thoughts on how it's sound compares to the Questyle?

Sorry, only the PawGold, which was owned by another Head-Fier (Mark). The one time I did go to stop by the Lotoo table there was no one there. Felt weird to sit down and start listening when no one was at the table so I kept on going and forgot to come back later. Cheers 

Oct 6, 2015 at 3:10 PM Post #165 of 7,140

ignoring price, can you compare the sound from these 3 daps?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back