Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Oct 7, 2015 at 9:02 AM Post #166 of 7,140
It's becoming increasingly difficult for me to not pull the trigger on a QP1R. I've had it right at the payment screen just about every night, for the past week and a half...

Oct 7, 2015 at 9:25 AM Post #167 of 7,140
  It's becoming increasingly difficult for me to not pull the trigger on a QP1R. I've had it right at the payment screen just about every night, for the past week and a half...

Been there too...I delay the inevitable by saying i should sell something first to help pay for the new toy!!!

But i end up giving in most of the time.

Oct 7, 2015 at 9:36 AM Post #168 of 7,140
I feel that the qp1r wins ak380 in terms of Sq. Way more power and very solid details. Feel like getting one too. Tested with fitear mh 334 and 435.I hope that there could be touch screen too.

Oct 7, 2015 at 10:22 AM Post #169 of 7,140
  Been there too...I delay the inevitable by saying i should sell something first to help pay for the new toy!!!

Yeah...if there was an available Dignis leather case (or any decent case, really), there would already be a new charge for $899 on my credit card statement. OH...AND the price of the case...lol

Oct 7, 2015 at 12:20 PM Post #170 of 7,140
Hey ... I just joined ... I'm thinking about getting a new pair of headphones to specifally use with the QP1R ... currently I have Westone 50 UM pro's, Beyerdynamic DT-1350 & AKG K-702's .... I've always wanted to try/get a pair of Grado's (especially since I am from Brooklyn where they are based).

I was wondering if anyone had a recommendation as to which model to focus on or maybe a different brand? I usually just listen to Rock and Blues music and I like things a little on the bass side ...  cost it not an issue but I think no more than 1500 is what I want to spend ... also would prefer closed back so I can use them in the office but that is not really important just a a side factor  ...I know the Grado's are open

I've been reading through a bunch of reviews on headphones and frankly my head is spinning from everything

Oct 7, 2015 at 11:06 PM Post #171 of 7,140
  Got mine on Thursday.  Sounds beautiful and clear right out of the box.  Can't wait around for burnin, so I'll just burn in with it and enjoy developments as they come.  1st album was GauchoDSD; mouth open.
One little thing, Moedawg.  No big deal, but I found a little EQ.ini 1kb file in the onboard storage.  Is it needed for anything or can I just get rid of it?
Thanks.

The internal storage is protected, it is allright to delete the files you see when connected to a computer (this may be different if you are operating under Linux, I'll check that tomorrow), IE: if you select all and delete to clear out the music files, it won't hurt the player, the necessary files will regenerate when you reuse those functions. On the other hand, your EQ settings will reset to default, as will the play lists, favorites and the music libraries. 

Oct 8, 2015 at 5:46 AM Post #172 of 7,140

Got mine on Thursday.  Sounds beautiful and clear right out of the box.  Can't wait around for burnin, so I'll just burn in with it and enjoy developments as they come.  1st album was GauchoDSD; mouth open.
One little thing, Moedawg.  No big deal, but I found a little EQ.ini 1kb file in the onboard storage.  Is it needed for anything or can I just get rid of it?
Thanks.

The internal storage is protected, it is allright to delete the files you see when connected to a computer (this may be different if you are operating under Linux, I'll check that tomorrow), IE: if you select all and delete to clear out the music files, it won't hurt the player, the necessary files will regenerate when you reuse those functions. On the other hand, your EQ settings will reset to default, as will the play lists, favorites and the music libraries. 

Thanks for the answer.  I don't use EQ as a preference, but I'll leave it alone.
I know I was griping about the user manual being released as a .pdf, but I have to once again, complement Moedawg for his review sections Q25-35.  He explains things so well that even a blind dude can use it.
And kudos for the tactile response feature.

Oct 8, 2015 at 7:09 AM Post #173 of 7,140

You know it can be bad for system resources to leave tabs open with info sitting in a form like that. As an IT professional, I advise that you complete the transaction. Not only will it improve your PC's performance, but your life as well.

You will give in. Search your wallet, you know it to be true.

I feel that the qp1r wins ak380 in terms of Sq. Way more power and very solid details. Feel like getting one too. Tested with fitear mh 334 and 435.I hope that there could be touch screen too.

The AK DAPs have an awesome UI, and this holds true of the AK380. I find it easier to find specific songs on the 380 than on my QP1R. But sound takes priority, and the QP1R's UI isn't difficult to use. For me the QP1R is the winner, and a savings of $2600 is just icing on the cake.

Oct 8, 2015 at 7:12 AM Post #174 of 7,140

You only live once! 
normal_smile .gif

Ditto (to my first response)! 
normal_smile .gif

The QP1R is one DAP with at least regards to SQ, on a very short list of one with regards to my favorite presentation of the reproduction of sound that emits from earphones and headphones.

Yeah...if there was an available Dignis leather case (or any decent case, really), there would already be a new charge for $899 on my credit card statement. OH...AND the price of the case...lol

Even though I like my different QP1R cases, what has worked out for me the best, especially when I'm out and about is to only use cargo shorts, and keeping the QP1R in a side pocket for easy access and safe keeping.

Hey ... I just joined ... I'm thinking about getting a new pair of headphones to specifally use with the QP1R ... currently I have Westone 50 UM pro's, Beyerdynamic DT-1350 & AKG K-702's .... I've always wanted to try/get a pair of Grado's (especially since I am from Brooklyn where they are based).

I was wondering if anyone had a recommendation as to which model to focus on or maybe a different brand? I usually just listen to Rock and Blues music and I like things a little on the bass side ...  cost it not an issue but I think no more than 1500 is what I want to spend ... also would prefer closed back so I can use them in the office but that is not really important just a a side factor  ...I know the Grado's are open

I've been reading through a bunch of reviews on headphones and frankly my head is spinning from everything

The world of headphones (and C/IEMs) can be a daunting experience for most people when trying to find one that will suit one's needs.  Instead of specifically recommending a brand, I would suggest going inside a Hi-Fi store and listening to all of the headphones they have available there, and it would be even better if you can attend a local Head-Fi meet or CanJam to listen to a plethora of headphones to find out what is best for your wants and needs.

Thanks for the info, appreciate it!

Thanks for the answer.  I don't use EQ as a preference, but I'll leave it alone.
I know I was griping about the user manual being released as a .pdf, but I have to once again, complement Moedawg for his review sections Q25-35.  He explains things so well that even a blind dude can use it.
And kudos for the tactile response feature.

Glad you found the sections of use to you! 

You know it can be bad for system resources to leave tabs open with info sitting in a form like that. As an IT professional, I advise that you complete the transaction. Not only will it improve your PC's performance, but your life as well.

You will give in. Search your wallet, you know it to be true.

The AK DAPs have an awesome UI, and this holds true of the AK380. I find it easier to find specific songs on the 380 than on my QP1R. But sound takes priority, and the QP1R's UI isn't difficult to use. For me the QP1R is the winner, and a savings of $2600 is just icing on the cake.

Nice one, regarding your first response.

Wise words of advice regarding your second response.

I agree as well with your third response. 

beerchug.gif

Oct 8, 2015 at 8:19 AM Post #176 of 7,140
I will back pocket it when cutting the grass etc. Until there's a case I can use with it playing, this works great. Not worried about it there. It's when handling or setting it about that I'm concerned with dropping it. Nothing's happening to it when pantsed. It's plenty sturdy enough if you sit down by mistake (or not) and be fine. If my cased Iphone 6 can handle it, this certainly can.
smile.gif

Oct 8, 2015 at 9:40 AM Post #177 of 7,140
I hope that there will be a touch screen version of this in the near future. The sound is damn good lol. Details were solid, extremely clear and it sounds phenomenal to my ears. 

Oct 8, 2015 at 1:33 PM Post #178 of 7,140
Here's a question that kind of explains my hesitance to buy into another DAP "just because." Anytime that I use my IEM's to listen to music, it's with my X5/E12A combined. I don't care about the small brick because I'm always sitting or lying down. So the question is...apples to apples, QP1R vs X5 is one thing. What about apples to oranges, QP1R vs X5/E12A? I'm more concerned with SQ than I am with absolute power, since obviously I have no current power issues.

Oct 8, 2015 at 1:45 PM Post #179 of 7,140
  Here's a question that kind of explains my hesitance to buy into another DAP "just because." Anytime that I use my IEM's to listen to music, it's with my X5/E12A combined. I don't care about the small brick because I'm always sitting or lying down. So the question is...apples to apples, QP1R vs X5 is one thing. What about apples to oranges, QP1R vs X5/E12A? I'm more concerned with SQ than I am with absolute power, since obviously I have no current power issues.

From what I was told at the show by Gary (awesome guy btw) was that the QP1R would not need an additional portable amp because it has the power to run high powered IEMs and Headphones. this should be factored in when you think about pricing because a lot of DAPs actually need an amp to use higher end gear.  I hope this helps clear things up.

Oct 8, 2015 at 2:02 PM Post #180 of 7,140

From what I was told at the show by Gary (awesome guy btw) was that the QP1R would not need an additional portable amp because it has the power to run high powered IEMs and Headphones. this should be factored in when you think about pricing because a lot of DAPs actually need an amp to use higher end gear.  I hope this helps clear things up.

It's not a matter of needing an amp or not, because really...the X5 doesn't need an amp to drive my 846's. However, coupled with the amp you get a different sound quality. Already having an amp, takes needing an amp out of the price equation. So it really comes down to, does picking up the QP1R provide that much improved SQ over the current DAP/AMP combo I'm already running? It's probably an almost impossible question to answer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back