Sep 26, 2015 at 6:40 PM Post #136 of 7,140
Yay! - Updated thanks to Moe :)

v1.02, now with added EQ - will be sure to try it out :D

Sep 27, 2015 at 6:29 AM Post #137 of 7,140
Yay! - Updated thanks to Moe
smily_headphones1.gif

v1.02, now with added EQ - will be sure to try it out
biggrin.gif

Have you noted any change in overall sound?  EQ aside.

Sep 27, 2015 at 4:34 PM Post #138 of 7,140
Have you noted any change in overall sound?  EQ aside.
I'll let you know tomorrow, I have been busy (and in turn finding the need for a firmware code change, as below)...

Totally dangerous to my wallet for me to be depressed! The cards work fine :)

Sep 28, 2015 at 2:02 PM Post #139 of 7,140
I wouldn't want to say, short of having a 1.01 firmware player side by side as to whether there is a difference or not...

I do know though that the player doesn't appear to like cold mornings, it sounded quite thin until it had warmed up in my pocket (suppose it could've been my ears though, haha, who knows)

Sep 28, 2015 at 2:23 PM Post #140 of 7,140
I wouldn't want to say, short of having a 1.01 firmware player side by side as to whether there is a difference or not...

I do know though that the player doesn't appear to like cold mornings, it sounded quite thin until it had warmed up in my pocket (suppose it could've been my ears though, haha, who knows)

What specific 200GB micro SDXC cards are you using?

Sep 28, 2015 at 2:40 PM Post #142 of 7,140

It is normal for amplifiers to sound better when warm (at operating temperature), tube amps usually take about an hour, transistor amps can take a bit longer. Class A amps like the QP1R tend to warm up fairly quickly as compared to other architectures. Some amplifier can take days to reach full performance. It is for this reason that the amplifier in my 2 channel system is never turned off.

Sep 28, 2015 at 2:58 PM Post #143 of 7,140
Sep 28, 2015 at 3:26 PM Post #144 of 7,140
I believe SanDisk is the only brand with one readily available at the moment.

Thanks, just wanted to make 100 percent certain from Duncan.

correct, the Sandisk ones, although I believe that Samsung is about to join that party too :)

Thanks for the update. I'm pretty sure most every micro storage capacity manufacturer will have 200GB and above cards available in the future or near future.

Sep 28, 2015 at 3:40 PM Post #146 of 7,140
 I was poking around when Duncan say there is another thread for Q1PR. It turns out this is the thread. So subscribe. Any chance to combine both threads together?

The other thread can be for complaints, this thread houses my review and nothing but positivity! (Just kidding...kinda).

Sep 28, 2015 at 3:41 PM Post #147 of 7,140
   I was poking around when Duncan say there is another thread for Q1PR. It turns out this is the thread. So subscribe. Any chance to combine both threads together?

This is a review, the other thread is the product thread. Most likely not because they service different purposes.

Sep 29, 2015 at 9:00 AM Post #149 of 7,140

The other thread can be for complaints, this thread houses my review and nothing but positivity! (Just kidding...kinda).

Lol.. you are right! I am very positive about Q1PR SQ.. so I am going to live in your thread

Kinda like having both threads.  If the beefing gets too much, slip over here to the warm glow of this one.
Also, my unit is in Toronto, now.  They're hoping I'll drive up and pick it up.  My wife won't let me drive her car for some reason.  LOL

Sep 29, 2015 at 11:24 AM Post #150 of 7,140

Lol.. you are right! I am very positive about Q1PR SQ.. so I am going to live in your thread

The QP1R SQ is A-OK! (exemplary)

Kinda like having both threads.  If the beefing gets too much, slip over here to the warm glow of this one.
Also, my unit is in Toronto, now.  They're hoping I'll drive up and pick it up.  My wife won't let me drive her car for some reason.  LOL

Kind of like a massage after a difficult day with whatever ails you - simply comforting. 
o2smile.gif

Congrats on your unit!  Soon you'll have it in your hands.

As for your wife not letting you drive her car - Google's Self-Driving car is making progress: 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_driverless_car

http://www.google.com/selfdrivingcar/

http://www.cnet.com/news/googles-big-new-idea-lets-make-self-driving-cars-drive-like-humans/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back