Review: Philips Fidelio L1 [Updated 5/14]
Feb 29, 2012 at 7:06 PM Post #182 of 756
You haven't tried electrostats then. :wink:

Mar 1, 2012 at 2:44 PM Post #184 of 756
Been watching these threads since they started and been watching Philips own website to buy them. But don't know if I should.

there now on sale in UK on philips own website:

http://www.philips-shop.co.uk/store/catalog/headphones/headband/fidelio/productdetail/L1_00_GB_SHOPPUB/GB/en

See I started my headphone journey about 6 months back and get a asus STX soundcard and Grado 80i.... they both blew me away coming from USB Plantronics GameCon headphones. And still sound great.... but a starting the slippery road of finding and wanting better
biggrin.gif

So my question is how do these compare to Grado 80i?

Mar 2, 2012 at 12:16 AM Post #185 of 756
deleted posted wrong

Mar 2, 2012 at 10:45 PM Post #186 of 756
Got the L1 today. 
tongue_smile.gif
.  I dared to try them from my iPhone right out of the box and..... was not bad.  I was worry for the Bass level and don't get me wrong they have bass but it's well control and you still hear the mid/hi very well. On first quick impression I think I prefer them to the Denon D5K I use to have (keep in mind this is first impression of a new toy so...)

I'll leave them running while I'm away in vacation and will retry them for a second impression.

Oh while I'm here.. they are very comfortable and light and isolation is like a close back (not as good as my DT1350 but better then expected)

Cheer....

Mar 2, 2012 at 10:47 PM Post #187 of 756

Quote:
Got the L1 today. 
tongue_smile.gif
.  I dared to try them from my iPhone right out of the box and..... was not bad.  I was worry for the Bass level and don't get me wrong they have bass but it's well control and you still hear the mid/hi very well. On first quick impression I think I prefer them to the Denon D5K I use to have (keep in mind this is first impression of a new toy so...)

I'll leave them running while I'm away in vacation and will retry them for a second impression.

Oh while I'm here.. they are very comfortable and light and isolation is like a close back (not as good as my DT1350 but better then expected)

Cheer....

What would the isolation be, compared to Pro700MK2's? Those are the only headphones I've had. (Talking about sound in and out)

Mar 3, 2012 at 4:51 AM Post #188 of 756
Thanks for letting UK members know, i placed my order and hopefully will get it next week. I am not pro in audio and sound like other pros here but i saw a lot of impression online, reviews and youtube. I've owned Beats Pro, Shure 940, and have Denon ANC 800 and Klipsch Image one now. I will write brief about the L1 but not in details as fellow pros, mainly for my personal liking point of view. 

Cheers guys for all your reviews / pics / and comments shared in this forum. 

Quote:
Been watching these threads since they started and been watching Philips own website to buy them. But don't know if I should.

there now on sale in UK on philips own website:

http://www.philips-shop.co.uk/store/catalog/headphones/headband/fidelio/productdetail/L1_00_GB_SHOPPUB/GB/en

See I started my headphone journey about 6 months back and get a asus STX soundcard and Grado 80i.... they both blew me away coming from USB Plantronics GameCon headphones. And still sound great.... but a starting the slippery road of finding and wanting better
biggrin.gif

So my question is how do these compare to Grado 80i?

Mar 3, 2012 at 1:58 PM Post #189 of 756

Do you mean you were worried about the bass before you got them, or upon initial listening? 
Quote:
Got the L1 today. 
tongue_smile.gif

Cheer....

Mar 4, 2012 at 6:10 AM Post #195 of 756

Quote:
@Ultrazino or any owner of L1s,

Do you think L1s generates less heat around your ears, compared to Denon D2000 or Creative Aurvana Live!/Denon D1001? And overall, do they convey better realism and soundstage than Denons?

Also can anyone please compare L1s with V-MODA M80s/V80s, re sound, isolation and comfort.
I have V80s and like them, although I would appreciate better sound, isolation and comfort. My damped CAL almost work in every regard, however CALs do not look as pretty as V-MODA or Philips and they heat up my ears.

Thank you in advance!

Hi zzffnn,

I happen to have the M-80's, L1 and the Senn HD25's.  Rather popular models in this price class.  To be perfecly honest, they are all very good cans.  Certainly not in the league of the great cans like LCD-2, T1, HD600/ 650 and the other legendary ones.  If I had to just pick one, it'd be the L1.  It combines great comfort with a well balanced sound that is still fun enough for most too find enjoyable.

L1 vs M-80: Sound Quality
L1 is just a tad airier, slightly wider staging and marginally less bass slam but very, very clean nonetheless.  More detailed.
M-80 is a little bit warmer, slower, just a hair rounder in SQ.  Good bass but highs seem to lack just a bit of airiness and thus, do not call as much attention to themselves.

L1 vs M-80: Build Quality
Both are built very well.
M-80 lacks front/back swivel which can be a little uncomfortable at times
I have taken my M-80's out on a few of my frequent travels and they really hold up well.  However, having to stick them in the very nice exo-skeleton case is a bit of a hassle.
I prefer the simple cloth sheathed cables of the L1.  They have zero memory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back