REVIEW: Ostry KC06
May 1, 2014 at 8:12 PM Post #1,501 of 2,536
Waynes, i havent read thru these tons of pages...which turkey should i be buying... the original or the A version>..? what s the diff? 

May 1, 2014 at 8:41 PM Post #1,502 of 2,536
  Waynes, i havent read thru these tons of pages...which turkey should i be buying... the original or the A version>..? what s the diff? 

^
1st thing 1st who the Fff is that in your avi, HOT D'YAM!!!
biggrin.gif

That lil' birdie is much better than this turkey. :wink:

May 1, 2014 at 8:45 PM Post #1,503 of 2,536
Kc06 reg edition is pretty much the only version people not in China can get. Gold or silver whichever color you like best. a version allegedly is an improvement to the bass and some change in the treble. Don't expect to see the kc06a available until around June apparently. Things may change within the month and some might be able to grab a pair through some means but it will probably within short supply for a while.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
May 1, 2014 at 9:40 PM Post #1,504 of 2,536
Not even Vsonics super duper bio-cellulose laced diamond stitched carbon nanotube woofer with integrated beryllium backed ceramic tweeter will stand a chance.

Correct. Because THEY WILL NEVER BE RELEASED lol!

The answer is obvious Lors.... BOTH! The one that everyone (myself included) has been spazzing over are the KC06's (since the KC06A's haven't been released yet). So you're good to go with the KC06's (usual caveat: source/synergy important to make them amazingly good). Think of them as in ear Mikros 90's and you got the picture. Not sure if you'll be able to fit any corkboard in them though lol! 

^
1st thing 1st who the Fff is that in your avi, HOT D'YAM!!!
biggrin.gif

That lil' birdie is much better than this turkey. :wink:

Agreed on both counts!

May 1, 2014 at 9:57 PM Post #1,505 of 2,536
Another mikros...??? Gulpzzz u guys bot into tat hype? :)

I needed some assesses...typo...I meant to type bassssss!:)

Ain't she cute....go enlarge n take a good look:)

May 1, 2014 at 10:11 PM Post #1,506 of 2,536
Another mikros...??? Gulpzzz u guys bot into tat hype? :)

I needed some assesses...typo...I meant to type bassssss!:)

As much as I'd like to, I can't shake, nor can I stop participating in, that damned 90's hype! 

Just like the 90's, the bass is gooood. Just like the 90's, the kc06's are balanced, detailed, resolving, euphoric, mesmerizing. Unlike the 90,s the kc06's are actually comfortable :)

P.s. avatar enlarged, and enjoyed the avatar tour!

May 1, 2014 at 10:23 PM Post #1,507 of 2,536

As much as I'd like to, I can't shake, nor can I stop participating in, that damned 90's hype! 

Just like the 90's, the bass is gooood. Just like the 90's, the kc06's are balanced, detailed, resolving, euphoric, mesmerizing. Unlike the 90,s the kc06's are actually comfortable :)

You've explained it perfectly. The LogJams have squeezed all y'alls brains so much that the pressure is being exerted on the front where reason and judgement comes from. Same phenomenon gets boxers when they get hit in the face too often. "Punch Drunk" listeners you are.
basshead.gif

May 1, 2014 at 10:32 PM Post #1,508 of 2,536

You've explained it perfectly. The LogJams have squeezed all y'alls brains so much that the pressure is being exerted on the front where reason and judgement comes from. Same phenomenon gets boxers when they get hit in the face too often. "Punch Drunk" listeners you are.
basshead.gif

Lol! Funny, albeit sadly incorrect. They just sound friggin' great is all. I wish that they were more comfortable, because then I wouldn't even be considering looking any further for portable phones. But, I cannot deny how good they sound.

May 1, 2014 at 10:41 PM Post #1,509 of 2,536

^
i we need a name though..... : P

^ 90s is slightly mo' analytical in it's presentation while these Ostriches is mo' fun fo' sho.

Same could be said between these and the gr07 BEs, VSonic is more monitor/ flatter 2D in presentation with amazing texture, while these Ostriches are almost like a more liberated/ more airy, more 3D / wider sounding version of the gr07 BEs that has sightly less texture (with the right sources of course) and a treble that is less peaky, but almost as refined as that of the DUNU DN1000s.

Man I FREAKEN LOVE these Ostriches outta' my Nokia N9 cuz there is so much texture in the bass, lushness/ forwardness in the mids as well as a super refined treble with a bit of sparkle on top and there is still power left over. WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

For anyone that loves the VSonic gr07 variants will surely dig these Ostriches cuz they are pretty damn similar yet different at the same tyme.
basshead.gif

basshead.gif

^
Meh twi-hard much???
rolleyes.gif

May 1, 2014 at 10:51 PM Post #1,510 of 2,536
  ^
i we need a name though..... : P

^ 90s is slightly mo' analytical in it's presentation while these Ostriches is mo' fun fo' sho.

Same could be said between these and the gr07 BEs, VSonic is more monitor/ flatter 2D in presentation with amazing texture, while these Ostriches are almost like a more liberated/ more airy, more 3D / wider sounding version of the gr07 BEs that has sightly less texture (with the right sources of course) and a treble that is less peaky, but almost as refined as that of the DUNU DN1000s.

Man I FREAKEN LOVE these Ostriches outta' my Nokia N9 cuz there is so much texture in the bass, lushness/ forwardness in the mids as well as a super refined treble with a bit of sparkle on top and there is still power left over. WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

For anyone that loves the VSonic gr07 variants will surely dig these Ostriches cuz they are pretty damn similar yet different at the same tyme.
basshead.gif

^
Meh twi-hard much???
rolleyes.gif

I think HF needs to start fining you 5 bucks every time you use that line.
Jude will be retired in a week.

May 1, 2014 at 10:59 PM Post #1,511 of 2,536
Doesn't twi-hard have its origins from twilight trolling?
If so, it's time to move on. It was time years ago.

May 1, 2014 at 11:17 PM Post #1,512 of 2,536
  I think HF needs to start fining you 5 bucks every time you use that line.
Jude will be retired in a week.

^
ehhhh................ oh i see what you're trying to do.

<inserts IT'S A TRAP gif >

But still a twi-hard attempt though.......
wink.gif

Doesn't twi-hard have its origins from twilight trolling?
If so, it's time to move on. It was time years ago.

^
You're not even close, actually it MIGHT since those TMACers are a bunch of lmao nerds but it's just a reference to someone with an anal fetish and is a true try hard here at head-fi is alls that i am aware of so.....

May 1, 2014 at 11:19 PM Post #1,513 of 2,536
So I've fixed my comfort issues by wearing them with smaller tips and a bit deeper so that's one of my only complaints gone.

Man I love these 'phones. I was a bit skeptical they could ever live up to the hype but these have seriously wowed me.

I can only compare them to the VSD1s and GR06 and keep in mind I'm no experienced audiophile but I'll do my best:

It has slightly less bass quantity than the VSD1s but has great control and quality so still retains that bass punch and impact that I was missing from the GR06. For me it's the perfect amount.

My main complaint with the VSD1s was that the v-shaped signature meant the bass drowned out the mids and made them very recessed. The mids on the KC06 feel perfectly positioned, maybe just a tiny bit forward. The GR06 on the other hand has much more forward mids to the point where they can almost sibilant.

The highs are also very high quality. Both violins and guitars are represented very naturally. In comparison the VSD1s could be a tad sibilant and the GR06 sounds rolled off and lacking in quality.

The airy presentation, detail and amazing imaging make the GR06 sounds downright congested. The VSD1s comes closer but lose in detail, separation and soundstage width.

I just fricking love the imaging on these... I've had the exact same experiences as others have described above. Just being completely drawn into songs and being able to pick out each detail is addictive. I spent the whole morning just lost listening to some of my favourites and a bunch of test tracks. It's almost a con as it's distracting me from important studying!

If I had to pick out one complaint it'd be that the soundstage could have a bit more front to back but hey ho, you can't have everything for £35.

They really show how far this price bracket has come. A few years ago people raved about the GR06 and I don't think they even come close to the quality you get from the KC06.

These should be keeping me happy for a long while!

May 1, 2014 at 11:28 PM Post #1,514 of 2,536
So I've fixed my comfort issues by wearing them with smaller tips and a bit deeper so that's one of my only complaints gone.

Man I love these 'phones. I was a bit skeptical they could ever live up to the hype but these have seriously wowed me.

I can only compare them to the VSD1s and GR06 and keep in mind I'm no experienced audiophile but I'll do my best:

It has slightly less bass quantity than the VSD1s but has great control and quality so still retains that bass punch and impact that I was missing from the GR06. For me it's the perfect amount.

My main complaint with the VSD1s was that the v-shaped signature meant the bass drowned out the mids and made them very recessed. The mids on the KC06 feel perfectly positioned, maybe just a tiny bit forward. The GR06 on the other hand has much more forward mids to the point where they can almost sibilant.

The highs are also very high quality. Both violins and guitars are represented very naturally. In comparison the VSD1s could be a tad sibilant and the GR06 sounds rolled off and lacking in quality.

The airy presentation, detail and amazing imaging make the GR06 sounds downright congested. The VSD1s comes closer but lose in detail, separation and soundstage width.

I just fricking love the imaging on these... I've had the exact same experiences as others have described above. Just being completely drawn into songs and being able to pick out each detail is addictive. I spent the whole morning just lost listening to some of my favourites and a bunch of test tracks. It's almost a con as it's distracting me from important studying!

If I had to pick out one complaint it'd be that the soundstage could have a bit more front to back but hey ho, you can't have everything for £35.

They really show how far this price bracket has come. A few years ago people raved about the GR06 and I don't think they even come close to the quality you get from the KC06.

Beautiful post man, beautiful post :)

May 1, 2014 at 11:37 PM Post #1,515 of 2,536

Man I love these 'phones. I'm one of those people who finds it a bit hard to believe that a product will ever live up to the hype but these are seriously wowing me.

^
And peps wanna use these for sleeping iems. HA!!! Mofos are gonna become insomniacs in no tyme. LMAO  All listen and no sleep.
cool.gif
Shades not for BOSS look but for panda eyes. :wink:

Yeppp, the budget-fi arena sure has come a longgg way these couple of years, cuz for me despite people kept saying that the gr07s punches way above their old $180 MSRP, it seems that they are very dated these days.  Have even tried the latest hyped hybrids such as the DUNU DN1000s and despite they are great as well, it just feels like that for $150 to $200 can get you A LOT more these days.  Sold off all my expensive iems and is damn happy with my VC02, MH1/Cs, VSD1 (in fact these cheapos VSD1s made me sell my beloved gr07 BEs LoL) and soon to be Ostriches. : P

So happy listening and happy budget-fi hunting ya'll cuz no need to pay an arm and a leg for great sound these days esp. if you intend to use them as daily beater sets cuz having a pricey set die/ break on ya' will make your heart skip a couple of beats, just ask mo'shill and his woodies. hoho   : P

Users who are viewing this thread

Back