REVIEW: Ostry KC06
Jan 21, 2015 at 9:01 PM Post #2,371 of 2,536
I've had the exact same problem with mine. It's sad as I love this little IEM and the build quality everywhere else is top notch.

I had a go soldering on a new plug but I need  to work on my soldering skills as I'm having the exact same problem.

Jan 21, 2015 at 9:05 PM Post #2,372 of 2,536
  I've had the exact same problem with mine. It's sad as I love this little IEM and the build quality everywhere else is top notch.

I had a go soldering on a new plug but I need  to work on my soldering skills as I'm having the exact same problem.

Damn those straight jacks! I haven't had the problem with my kc06/a's, but I have with my a71's because I use it more often off of my mp3 player that's often sitting a belt holster, so the jack is sticking straight up and the cable gets bent at the jack.

Straight jacks should be outlawed I say!

Jan 21, 2015 at 9:08 PM Post #2,373 of 2,536

How unfortunate, this shouldn't happen with a brand-new replacement pair. Have you tried it with different sources?

Anyway, if you have to send these back again, you'll almost pay the price of a new pair on shipping alone. Imo they ought to send you another replacement at no cost.

I have to say that Stacy at Shenzhen Audio covered my cost of shipping from Canada....I am working with her again and I thought of the exact same thing you mentioned...

I am going to ask them to send me a new pair BEFORE i send back the current pair....besides this matter, i think these are a bargain and i compare them to my Final Audio

Design Heaven V's....At this point, i give Shenzhen Audio full credit for their customer service!

Jan 21, 2015 at 9:15 PM Post #2,374 of 2,536
Hi Guys, This is the quickest update i have made. I just read this morning emails and Stacy from Shenzhen Audio

had already read our minds and sent a new KC06...

In this day and age, we hear about so many negative experiences...I did have one very bad one last month with 

MP4 Nation....but that's another story...

Shenzhen had responded to my situation swiftly right from the start and treated me with respect...I was surprised!!!

I was already to deal with them anyway....

Hope this optimism spreads a little to other Ostry owners...

Jan 22, 2015 at 9:30 AM Post #2,375 of 2,536
I've never had any problems with my KC06, and I'm pretty rough with them.  I have them wrapped around a 7" tablet that I pull in and out of my bag quite roughly when I'm in a rush to run out of my train or go to and from work/home.  I'm surprised the straight jack hasn't broken yet.  

Anyway, good luck to you guys who are having problems!

Jan 24, 2015 at 7:32 PM Post #2,376 of 2,536
I ordered today a pair of Ostry KC06. I'm very curious to know what this Chinese people is doing for so much fuss in head-fi.

Jan 26, 2015 at 4:30 AM Post #2,379 of 2,536
My KC06A's remain problem free, as did my nieces normal KC06 before they were lost, lost.... :neutral_face:

Jan 27, 2015 at 2:35 PM Post #2,380 of 2,536

as well, and the idea with the 770 is that it will pretty much replace the C3/BH combo).  
Anyway, back to the KC06's, I'm with you. I just got the KC06A's as well....

Hi Wayne,  so many hype trains and so many pages, its hard to catchupand read all, so the question is:

How many models of Ostrys are and what are the main diferences (in SQ) between them?
Thanks man!

Jan 27, 2015 at 3:13 PM Post #2,383 of 2,536
  Ostry KC06 silver and gold are the same. Zelda did a great job describing the sound in his review.

Ostry KC06A are the KC06's fun v-shaped counterpart with plenty of strong bass and bit more emphasis on the treble. Mids are recessed in comparison to the KC06.

Yup...

http://www.head-fi.org/t/734625/review-ostry-kc06a-a-new-winner

Jan 28, 2015 at 12:24 PM Post #2,384 of 2,536
Today received my Kc06 and i'm very satisfied, has a fantastic sound.

Glad I didn't buy the Kc06A version because Kc06 has bass quality above average, indeed is awesome bass for my ears.

Jan 28, 2015 at 12:54 PM Post #2,385 of 2,536

Hi Wayne,  so many hype trains and so many pages, its hard to catchupand read all, so the question is:

How many models of Ostrys are and what are the main diferences (in SQ) between them?
Thanks man!

Zelda's review probably gave you the SQ info that you need. The kc06a's are one of my favorite iems.

Today received my Kc06 and i'm very satisfied, has a fantastic sound.

Glad I didn't buy the Kc06A version because Kc06 has bass quality above average, indeed is awesome bass for my ears.

Excellent!

For anyone that would like a bit more bass out of their kc06, you can try the 'ol "tape the bass port and then pin prick it" trick. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back