REVIEW: Ostry KC06
Jan 10, 2015 at 2:00 PM Post #2,356 of 2,536
Well I just bought a dual BA, the VC1000, after a long search about it. Hasn't arrived yet.

But from what I've read DN-2000 doesn't have that strong (in quantity) bass. People say DN-1000 has more quantity, although less tightness.

I like the KC06 bass. When I first put them it was bloated. After some hard burn in (laptop at max vol with hard house music during the night) it is now quite tight and punchy. Though like it has been said up in thread, it doesn't carry much weight. I believe this could have quite more mid bass than sub bass...Is it? But I can feel deep sub bass is lacking.

Been reading about DN-2000 for some time. And after joker gave them a 9.3 they got even more my interest for a bigger pull of the trigger some time from now. Got Altone 200, B3 pro 1, VSD3S, KC06, and A71 and VC1000 are on the way. Trying to find out what I really like before going to a more expensive and 'pro' IEM.

KC06 are a very interesting IEM. And DN-2000 looks it has similar traces... I could be wrong of course, I'm basing myself on what I've been reading.

Jan 13, 2015 at 12:12 PM Post #2,357 of 2,536
"KC06A has the core technologies of KC series( including dynamic unit system combined with balanced armature..."
"...dynamic unit system combined with balanced armature..." (in reference to the KC06)

These have dynamic drivers, right? The wording on Ostry's site is weird. They're probably just trying to describe the sound sig. Engrish!

Jan 13, 2015 at 12:18 PM Post #2,358 of 2,536
haha yeah their english is funny. u should read their moto: "O's life always try". i was like o.O that doesn't make any sense lol. and i think their website is just using google translate or something, but the iems sound good and that's what matter lol.

Jan 17, 2015 at 10:49 AM Post #2,360 of 2,536
I emailed the fine folk over at Ostry for clarification, and here's their response:

Hi
I am happy to hear that about the driver unit.  Strictly speaking,it is a dyamic driver ,but it is not just a simple dyamic driver. You know ,there are some IEMs made by dyamic driver plus one or two balanced armture,but they are just plus. 

We have made the driver unit which is fundamental fusion.it is a audio system because of the mechanical structure and the diaphragm material .

It is just one driver unit but can get both the sound characteristic and advantage of the dynamic driver and the balance armature. So every kc06/A user from the world have ask us why it sound like the dynamic driver PLUS a balanced armature. 

Because of the language problem, we have not tell the reason to our users from all over the world. Thanks for your asking. We also beg you to tell other users about that.

BEST WISHES ,YOUR FRIEND 
OSTRY marketing
Andrew Wang
www.ostry.cn

Already figured that but was still curious.

Anyway, I'm really digging these. They carry a ton of air and have this crazy delicate note presentation...not that they're soft or polite necessarily, just that they do their thing with a lot of finesse.

Jan 20, 2015 at 9:40 AM Post #2,362 of 2,536
Anyone tried the FiiO E12A bass boost with KC06? It could pair nice because the KC06 has more mid bass than sub bass. I think they are missing just a little (only very little) sub bass to my tastes.

These KC06 are quite amazing, really like their sound and signature. A lot of clarity for the price. I also get a very nice fit over ear.

Jan 20, 2015 at 9:54 AM Post #2,363 of 2,536
  Anyone tried the FiiO E12A bass boost with KC06? It could pair nice because the KC06 has more mid bass than sub bass. I think they are missing just a little (only very little) sub bass to my tastes.

These KC06 are quite amazing, really like their sound and signature. A lot of clarity for the price. I also get a very nice fit over ear.

You can try Inks' tape mod for more subbass:

Great, I just find the KC06A to be a tad sibilant. Best tips for that are the Meelec m-duo short triflangles.

KC06 has smoother treble but the bass isn't as good, but you can tape the nozzle vent and poke a hole for better subbass.

I think I like the KC06 a bit more but it's a close call.

Jan 20, 2015 at 11:17 AM Post #2,366 of 2,536
I have been enjoying my KC06 for over half a year now but the connection has become intermittent. The sounds just cuts out and only when i play with the position

of the jack connector do i get both channels back. This happens on both my Samsung phone and Fiio X3. I dont have this problem with any other headphones or iems.

Anybody else experience this?

Jan 20, 2015 at 11:34 PM Post #2,367 of 2,536
  I have been enjoying my KC06 for over half a year now but the connection has become intermittent. The sounds just cuts out and only when i play with the position

of the jack connector do i get both channels back. This happens on both my Samsung phone and Fiio X3. I dont have this problem with any other headphones or iems.

Anybody else experience this?

Yes, I've had a channel cut out on one of my pairs, due to a loose / broken connection near the plug.

Jan 21, 2015 at 3:19 AM Post #2,369 of 2,536
  Thanks...now i dont feel alone! I sent mine back for an exchange and the one i received is doing the same thing immediately. Not sure if i did not get

sent back the same one i sent (accidently?).

How unfortunate, this shouldn't happen with a brand-new replacement pair. Have you tried it with different sources?

Anyway, if you have to send these back again, you'll almost pay the price of a new pair on shipping alone. Imo they ought to send you another replacement at no cost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back