REVIEW of Zero Audio DUOZA dual dynamic driver IEM
Jan 24, 2015 at 8:45 PM Post #32 of 84
In a totally different class.  Altone 200 is a bright (vividly bright in upper mids/treble) and v-shaped (recessed mids) IEM.  It has an excellent build, great bass, but it gets harsh and peaky in upper frequencies.  I know a lot of people who crave such analytical reference sound, but if you want smooth full body warmer sound - DuoZA is a way to go, unless you want to step it up to CKR10 :wink:

Thanks @Twister6 and I appreciate the comparison. I may pull the trigger on these but still trying to decide between this, CKR10 and DN-2000J.

Jan 24, 2015 at 9:20 PM Post #33 of 84
Thanks @Twister6 and I appreciate the comparison. I may pull the trigger on these but still trying to decide between this, CKR10 and DN-2000J.

The last I heard from DUNU, 2000J is still in R&D phase going through final tuning.  So you might want to wait until it's finalized and we hear final impressions, especially comparison to A83.

Jan 24, 2015 at 9:32 PM Post #34 of 84
  Could you sleep with them in your ears? They seem like they might be sticking out a bit causing some discomfort when sleeping on either side.
Have you tried them this way?

You are kidding, right? Did you see the picture in my review?
wink.gif
These stick out like Frankenstein bolts lol!

Those were my thoughts as well lol! They would be great though to have your head held up a bit for watching TV etc!

Anyway @maguire, you're looking for very small and/or flush iems that don't insert deeply (because deep inserting iems tend to change angles and obstruct sound when lying on them). What have worked for me best so far are the vsonic vsd1's and ostry kc06/a's.

Jan 24, 2015 at 9:36 PM Post #35 of 84

Those were my thoughts as well lol! They would be great though to have your head held up a bit for watching TV etc!

Anyway @maguire, you're looking for very small and/or flush iems that don't insert deeply (because deep inserting iems tend to change angles and obstruct sound when lying on them). What have worked for me best so far are the vsonic vsd1's and ostry kc06/a's.

... and don't forget CKR10 :wink:

Jan 24, 2015 at 9:48 PM Post #36 of 84

... and don't forget CKR10 :wink:

You did include a winky face lol. But, they are somewhat flush-like....

But way to big otherwise. So yes... FAIL for sleeping lol!

Interestingly, I have been known to fall asleep with these big boys (havi b3's) in my ears...

They are flush, but ultimately a bit to big & bulky and eventually result in discomfort, so at some point during my sleep, I'll yank them out and replace them with the kc06a's.

Jan 24, 2015 at 10:39 PM Post #37 of 84
Thanks for all that wonderful advise....I love to listen to music in bed helps me go to sleep. About the only time I wear IEM's or unless I go out somewhere. While at home prefer 2 channel speaker rig.
I know i can go looking for this but i will ask cos im basically too lazy. what are the sound differences between - vsonic vsd1's and ostry kc06/a's?

Jan 25, 2015 at 1:39 PM Post #38 of 84
Thanks for all that wonderful advise....I love to listen to music in bed helps me go to sleep. About the only time I wear IEM's or unless I go out somewhere. While at home prefer 2 channel speaker rig.
I know i can go looking for this but i will ask cos im basically too lazy. what are the sound differences between - vsonic vsd1's and ostry kc06/a's?

Vsd1 is a step down from the kc06's. More v shaped, less refined. Kc06 fairly flat but musical, wide soundstage (not too deep), sound great. Kc06a slightly more bass and highs, so a bit more v shaped than kc06's.
I prefer the kc06A's a bit, but ymmv.

There are other iems out there that are good for sleeping, but Im not familiar with them.

Jan 25, 2015 at 7:35 PM Post #39 of 84
Thanks waynes world. I might go for the Kc06A's as I listen at lowest volumes possible.
I have JVC HA-FX40's which I use for this purpose.
I love there sound, if only the mids were not as recessed. So if something compares to it without the sucked in mids.....

Jan 27, 2015 at 5:18 PM Post #41 of 84
  Great looking product and review. @twister6 You've done it again!

Thank you J!  Perhaps one of these days CTC Audio will have it in stock to ease up headache of oversea shipments
wink.gif
  Now, off to start working on N6 review
biggrin.gif

Jan 27, 2015 at 5:35 PM Post #43 of 84

Oh don't worry...the wheels are in motion. Whether or not these wheels will get me to the right place is still to be decided :p

Let me know if you need extra help with "greasing"
wink.gif

Jan 27, 2015 at 5:42 PM Post #44 of 84

Oh don't worry...the wheels are in motion. Whether or not these wheels will get me to the right place is still to be decided :p

Let me know if you need extra help with "greasing"
wink.gif

Please make this happen, the 2 of you. The only reason I don't have a duoza yet is because warranty issues buying through tenso. @EmpJ if you can make it happen, it truly would be epic! And the Titan 1 as well please :)

Jan 27, 2015 at 6:22 PM Post #45 of 84

Please make this happen, the 2 of you. The only reason I don't have a duoza yet is because warranty issues buying through tenso. @EmpJ if you can make it happen, it truly would be epic! And the Titan 1 as well please :)

Haha, the Titan is easy, just making the dive to bring some in - seems like a great product! So many damn good products coming in from Asia. 

Fidue A71, Titan 1, now the ZA Duoza - and all around $100 or less? Great to see :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back