REVIEW of Zero Audio DUOZA dual dynamic driver IEM
Jan 23, 2015 at 3:53 PM Post #16 of 84
  How do they compare to Titan 1 ?

Already covered that in a few other threads :)  Those are two different headphones, that's why I didn't even include it in comparison.  Titan is bright, more revealing, sounds like hybrid, less body (recessed low mids), wider airy soundstage, more sound leakage, and so on.

Jan 23, 2015 at 4:28 PM Post #17 of 84
Nice job Twister6!
beerchug.gif

Jan 23, 2015 at 4:35 PM Post #18 of 84
Thanks for review!
Are Duoza good for jazz and classic?

Already covered that in a few other threads :)  Those are two different headphones, that's why I didn't even include it in comparison.  Titan is bright, more revealing, sounds like hybrid, less body (recessed low mids), wider airy soundstage, more sound leakage, and so on.

Thus, can we assume that Titan 1 is more suitable for jazz and classic (also in answer to question above)?

Jan 23, 2015 at 4:40 PM Post #19 of 84
Thus, can we assume that Titan 1 is more suitable for jazz and classic (also in answer to question above)?

Yes, absolutely!  You still need a good bass for jazz and classic instruments, and Titan delivers a nice low end punch.  But DuoZA is warmer and thicker, probably more appropriate for EDM, Rock, Pop, while if you want a brighter, crispier sound with a more airy soundstage - Titan will be a better choice.  But in my opinion, DuoZA will work as well.

Jan 23, 2015 at 4:43 PM Post #20 of 84

Thanks Twister!
would you mind to refer me them threads where you compared them?
Anyways, very nice review though, thank you!

Jan 23, 2015 at 4:48 PM Post #21 of 84

Thanks Twister!
would you mind to refer me them threads where you compared them?
Anyways, very nice review though, thank you!

I just mentioned it in a brief one sentence statement, pretty much the same as in a summary above.  It really comes down to their differences as I mentioned above, and should be easy to decide since there is not much of an overlap.  Perhaps reading through my Titan 1 review and this DuoZA review above can give a better idea.

Jan 23, 2015 at 8:16 PM Post #23 of 84
Perfect, I can kind of get a picture of the sound based on your comparison with the ATH-IM50s. Those lacked sparkle and stage but, I enjoy the mids and bass. Would you say these are head and shoulders above the IM50s overall in sound(a class above)?

Jan 23, 2015 at 8:33 PM Post #24 of 84
  Perfect, I can kind of get a picture of the sound based on your comparison with the ATH-IM50s. Those lacked sparkle and stage but, I enjoy the mids and bass. Would you say these are head and shoulders above the IM50s overall in sound(a class above)?

A class above is already IM70s. DouZA should be at least two class above from what I've read so far though.

Jan 23, 2015 at 8:48 PM Post #25 of 84

A class above is already IM70s. DouZA should be at least two class above from what I've read so far though.

In sound - a class above, but in build quality - AT is still ahead, including removable cables.

Jan 23, 2015 at 8:56 PM Post #26 of 84
Excellent review @twister6! Using the same format in the comparison, how would you compare it to the Altone200?

Thanks.

In a totally different class.  Altone 200 is a bright (vividly bright in upper mids/treble) and v-shaped (recessed mids) IEM.  It has an excellent build, great bass, but it gets harsh and peaky in upper frequencies.  I know a lot of people who crave such analytical reference sound, but if you want smooth full body warmer sound - DuoZA is a way to go, unless you want to step it up to CKR10 :wink:

Jan 24, 2015 at 12:56 AM Post #27 of 84
Since they are also dual-dynamic, any comparison to the KEF M200s? I really enjoy the sound from the M200s, but the fit and ear hooks are just too finicky for me to ever use.

Jan 24, 2015 at 3:27 AM Post #28 of 84
Yeah, that seems to be the case. Seems like my ideal IEM for now, just want to see if it still bears the same QC issues so I'm going to sit it out until I get more insight on that.

Jan 24, 2015 at 9:43 AM Post #29 of 84
Could you sleep with them in your ears? They seem like they might be sticking out a bit causing some discomfort when sleeping on either side.
Have you tried them this way?

Jan 24, 2015 at 11:50 AM Post #30 of 84
Could you sleep with them in your ears? They seem like they might be sticking out a bit causing some discomfort when sleeping on either side.
Have you tried them this way?

You are kidding, right? Did you see the picture in my review? :wink: These stick out like Frankenstein bolts lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back