Review of the Little-Dot MK1 Portable Headphone Amplifier
Sep 15, 2008 at 8:25 AM Post #241 of 264
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevesebastianb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi, Have a Little Dot MK 1, sound in on the bright side and would like to change the op. amp to a LT1364, anyone know of a mail order source I can get one from?

Thanks in advance.

Steve

PM HiFlight about getting you one.

Sep 15, 2008 at 12:39 PM Post #243 of 264
A very professional review !
Congrats on your new toy
smily_headphones1.gif

You know, i thinking about it
I tried ibasso d2 and corda 2Move, now i want something new, i see that it have a lot of power for low impedance phones, that's a good thing, i'll keep an eye on it
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 17, 2008 at 11:21 AM Post #244 of 264
Btw guys, David has confirmed me that my battery and LED issue are not normal and suggested me to send it in. However I am kind of hesitant to do that to my new toy
biggrin.gif
, given that it works very well otherwise and the new opamps are coming in.

Oct 18, 2008 at 11:37 PM Post #245 of 264
i just rolled an MKI with the LT1364, very nice sound indeed. i can hear that i need to send some quality time with EAC ripping to flac. those 128 mp3s got to go.
i found a seller that had 10 of the MKIs, all black faces, found a belt clip case, terminated the 10' cable to 3'. I'm a walkin' hifi...errr head-fi.

Nov 9, 2008 at 1:38 PM Post #247 of 264
Quote:

Originally Posted by exphy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
would a opa 627 work in this amp?

here's a link to some op amp tests, also posted by the op.
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f5/rev...re-amp-269458/

near the bottom of the list the 627 is listed as a "good" op amp but might not be for the purpose you've intended it for. that being said; the 627 is a high quality and power hungry chip; eight legs so yes it will fit and the swap is easy. assuming you do have the socketed version; LD MKI as the + has the soldered connection. the "sound" of course would be subjective. after re-reading all of the posts i found no other reference to the 627. the lt1364 is confirmed as an upgrade. i actually get more volume and longer battery life; my perception. if you do swap it with the 627 i'd be interested in reading your results. gl

Nov 9, 2008 at 9:39 PM Post #248 of 264
Nice Review.

IMHO, The new Little Dot MK1+ sounds even better than the MK1. The OPA in it is great for the DT880's and drives them quite well.

I'm going to write a short review on it.

Nov 12, 2008 at 10:23 PM Post #250 of 264
the cs8 is an 18 leg solder on op amp...no go there. better to reorder the eight leg socket type. trust me, the stock chip will be fine until the replacement arrives. just wondering what headphones are you running and what dap do you have?
when i ordered my chip i bought 2, where are you?

you can pm me if you don't want to post your info, i saw your profile was empty

Nov 13, 2008 at 2:54 AM Post #251 of 264
Thanks Ri-toast for the fast reply...to answer i have a D2,f10 with rockbox,T9,ihp110,zen M, but i am still shopping for the headphones ,i don't have knowledge with this and i am new here.. i j ust received the little dot mk1 at the same time the LT1364 just missing the most important the headphones lolll but i want to be sure to chose the right one ..but with this forum reading reading...i am not in bed soon ..sorry for my english) writing anyway thanks again

Mar 15, 2009 at 12:23 AM Post #253 of 264
Well, I've been looking for a modestly priced headphone amp for sometime. I'd been leaning towards getting it over with and dropping some serious cash on one of the Headroom Desktop amps. Based on this review and the great price I'll give this a whirl first. I bought the wife an I-pod touch for christmas and was so impressed by the sound of it I bought myself one also, a 16g 2nd g that I promptly filled with a couple hundred songs ripped at 48 x 16 wav. I just purchased a Qables SE LOG interconnect that I will use with this amp. Has anyone tried this arrangement yet? I like the sound of the I-pod as it is quite a bit. They drive my K-701s okay but I have a pair of UE 5 pros and with these something like Sarah Brightmans Fleurs du Mal can make my hairs stand up. And for me, that's what it's all about.

Regards
Dave

May 5, 2009 at 7:19 AM Post #254 of 264
anyone have tried this with the PFE? How does it sound? How about with Fuze?
I'm torn between T4 & LD MK1+? Which one will sound better with the PFE? I have the LT1364 OPA and will use it if ever I will favor the LD MK1+ over the T4. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back