Review of the JVC HA-FXH30 by B9Scrambler
Sep 4, 2015 at 8:00 AM Post #91 of 260
Stating the facts, though the later is just a prediction. No need to name call without having substance

Welcome to the thread chum. When/if you get a pair, which I highly doubt will ever happen, come back and share your thoughts. You'll find these and your "musical preferences" line up pretty well together.

I look forward to your review of the Titan 1.

Sep 4, 2015 at 11:03 AM Post #92 of 260
Stating the facts, though the later is just a prediction. No need to name call without having substance

What do you mean facts? Do you own these IEMs? What JVC IEMs have you owned before?

As far as I can tell you have no experience with JVC whatsoever because if you did you wouldn't be blurting stuff out like that.

Sep 4, 2015 at 11:14 AM Post #93 of 260
He's had a pretty decent collection of JVCs actually, including some good JVCs like the 850s. Still, these things are a vast improvement over the previous gen JVCs in the 150 price range that I've tried. While they are v-shaped in sig, bass is not at all overpowering, nor are mids as recessed as that graph makes them out to be. Writing them off without trying them first though...tsk tsk tsk.

Sep 4, 2015 at 11:20 AM Post #94 of 260
He's had a pretty decent collection of JVCs actually, including some good JVCs like the 850s. Still, these things are a vast improvement over the previous gen JVCs in the 150 price range that I've tried. While they are v-shaped in sig, bass is not at all overpowering, nor are mids as recessed as that graph makes them out to be. Writing them off without trying them first though...tsk tsk tsk.

Yeah people like that just so negative and write companies off rather than following their progression and trying more of their products to see the improvements.

He's trolled me before a few years ago which is why I reacted in the way I did.

Sep 4, 2015 at 11:27 AM Post #95 of 260
Yup. Oh well. He's confident in his opinions and has the right to be. Meh.

On another note, I ordered the FRD80 and should have them within the next couple weeks. It'll be nice to see just how much of a step forward JVC took in refining that basic signature with the FXH30. 

Any idea when your H30s are going to arrive?

Sep 4, 2015 at 11:58 AM Post #96 of 260
If you didn't get it I meant a the fact that the FXD80 died off. If JVC expect a different result with the same approach, oh well. Proceed time will tell :wink:

Ps I've probably tried more JVC iems than the majority of the forum

Sep 4, 2015 at 8:29 PM Post #97 of 260
If you didn't get it I meant a the fact that the FXD80 died off. If JVC expect a different result with the same approach, oh well. Proceed time will tell :wink:

Ps I've probably tried more JVC iems than the majority of the forum

Lots of good iems die off in popularity over time. Doesn't detract from it being a good product. FXT90 ring a bell? Just because it isn't discussed to the same extent as it once was means little.

The approach JVC is taking with their newest products seems like a good one; taking popular, high quality products, and improving on them with a more refined sound, and in some cases design as well. They did it with the FR202, sounds like they did it with the newest Elation series, and based on my experiences with the FXH30 they're doing it with their microdriver lineup. Getting the FRD80 will help support this opinion I suspect. JVC seems to be heading in the right direction.

Sep 6, 2015 at 9:30 AM Post #98 of 260
I'm kinda interested in this IEM, however i have some concerns as my past experience with JVC wasn't exactly pleasant..

i used to have JVC HA-FXT90, however i found the sound signature very V shaped with somehow bloated bass and harsh highs, is the FXH30 more balanced?(a comparison would be appreciated)

also are these IEM suitable for gym/workout?

Sep 6, 2015 at 10:00 AM Post #99 of 260
I'm kinda interested in this IEM, however i have some concerns as my past experience with JVC wasn't exactly pleasant..

i used to have JVC HA-FXT90, however i found the sound signature very V shaped with somehow bloated bass and harsh highs, is the FXH30 more balanced?(a comparison would be appreciated)

I'll do a comparison when I get my FXH30s.

However I'm 95% sure that FXT90s got nothing on them.

Sep 6, 2015 at 10:01 AM Post #100 of 260

These are not more balanced than the FXT90, with greater extension on either end. They lack that harshness/edginess to the upper registers that I found previous gen JVCs had, like the FXT90, 3X, 1X, FR201, FX101, etc.

They are quite bright, but are MUCH smoother and more refined than the FXT90. Despite being bright, there is a warmness to their signature that counters that treble emphasis quite nicely. I would say these are more of a u-shaped than v-shaped since mids aren't really pulled back much if at all. In direct comparison to the FXT90, the FXH30 sound much more lively and dynamic. The FXT90 have pretty boosted mid-bass to my ears. The FXH30 dial that back and boost subbass making their bass presentation more even throughout. The T90s have a wider soundstage, but depth would go to the FXH30. The 30s also do a much better job of accurate instrument placement, separation, etc. which is why they work so well with metal. You miss absolutely nothing, even on tracks like Razor's "Sucker For Punishment" (there are better examples but that was the only thing I could think of at the time). 

Sep 6, 2015 at 10:05 AM Post #101 of 260
I'll do a comparison when I get my FXH30s.

However I'm 95% sure that FXT90s got nothing on them.

They don't. The FXH30 outclass them in every way except soundstage size. However, they do a much better job of utilizing their soundstage. Using them every day since I got them, the only things I would like to see improved are the width and height size of their soundstage, and their subbass extension. Both of these things are still good, so this is more nitpicking than anything.

Sep 7, 2015 at 2:02 AM Post #103 of 260

These are not more balanced than the FXT90, with greater extension on either end. They lack that harshness/edginess to the upper registers that I found previous gen JVCs had, like the FXT90, 3X, 1X, FR201, FX101, etc.

They are quite bright, but are MUCH smoother and more refined than the FXT90. Despite being bright, there is a warmness to their signature that counters that treble emphasis quite nicely. I would say these are more of a u-shaped than v-shaped since mids aren't really pulled back much if at all. In direct comparison to the FXT90, the FXH30 sound much more lively and dynamic. The FXT90 have pretty boosted mid-bass to my ears. The FXH30 dial that back and boost subbass making their bass presentation more even throughout. The T90s have a wider soundstage, but depth would go to the FXH30. The 30s also do a much better job of accurate instrument placement, separation, etc. which is why they work so well with metal. You miss absolutely nothing, even on tracks like Razor's "Sucker For Punishment" (there are better examples but that was the only thing I could think of at the time). 

nice to know that..most of my music library consist of various metal genre, i guess i will pull the trigger and buy these( there price is really affordable too
wink.gif
)

Sep 7, 2015 at 8:58 PM Post #104 of 260
Finally got my pair. So far have listened to:

Muse - Hysteria, Butterflies and Hurricanes, The Small Print
AK and Mapps - Life Cycle
NuLogic - Wings (Birdy remix) (a Hospital release - saw them mentioned earlier in the thread, nice)
Royal Blood - the whole kickass album
The New Division - Opium

Jeez, I tell you what, these things are EXCELLENT with cymbals and crashes. Realistic and resolving, it actually sounds like someone is whacking a big metal plate with a stick, not tapping a chip packet or something. So many IEMs just can't do this well. 

In fact drums in general are brilliant. Impact is not high, but the echo of the kick is very audible, it makes this Royal Blood album sound freaking epic even when they're not going hard. In general they are crushing the rock tracks.

For the most part the signature seems reasonably balanced and quite dependant on the track. Perhaps more on the bright side but not overly so. In fact I'm impressed at how good cymbals and higher vocals are, without being fatiguing or noticeably sibilant. Bass is not lacking overall, and I think the smooth decrease and lack of mid bass hump keeps the mids from seeming recessed. Definitely noticing some meat to guitars. 

The one track so far that didn't seem to suit these that well was Wings, which really needs more mid bass else the cymbals and vocals (great as they sound) are overbearing. But I have plenty more DnB and EDM to try. Edit: Didn't take long. Joyride by Draper. Fast and fun track, worked perfectly.
Life Cycle is quite a chilled song and it was wonderful. Soundstage etc reminds me of the Tenores - reasonably wide, not the widest, but with good depth and layering. 

Looking forward to more listening. I paid around $63 NZ, or around $40 US, they're a steal at that price. 

Sep 8, 2015 at 12:20 AM Post #105 of 260

Finally got my pair. So far have listened to:

Muse - Hysteria, Butterflies and Hurricanes, The Small Print
AK and Mapps - Life Cycle
NuLogic - Wings (Birdy remix) (a Hospital release - saw them mentioned earlier in the thread, nice)
Royal Blood - the whole kickass album
The New Division - Opium

Jeez, I tell you what, these things are EXCELLENT with cymbals and crashes. Realistic and resolving, it actually sounds like someone is whacking a big metal plate with a stick, not tapping a chip packet or something. So many IEMs just can't do this well. 

In fact drums in general are brilliant. Impact is not high, but the echo of the kick is very audible, it makes this Royal Blood album sound freaking epic even when they're not going hard. In general they are crushing the rock tracks.

For the most part the signature seems reasonably balanced and quite dependant on the track. Perhaps more on the bright side but not overly so. In fact I'm impressed at how good cymbals and higher vocals are, without being fatiguing or noticeably sibilant. Bass is not lacking overall, and I think the smooth decrease and lack of mid bass hump keeps the mids from seeming recessed. Definitely noticing some meat to guitars. 

The one track so far that didn't seem to suit these that well was Wings, which really needs more mid bass else the cymbals and vocals (great as they sound) are overbearing. But I have plenty more DnB and EDM to try. Life Cycle is quite a chilled song and it was wonderful. Soundstage etc reminds me of the Tenores - reasonably wide, not the widest, but with good depth and layering. 

Looking forward to more listening. I paid around $63 NZ, or around $40 US, they're a steal at that price. 

Nice impressions. And I hadn't heard of Royal Blood before now, so thanks for that as well (listening to them now).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back