Review of the JVC HA-FXH30 by B9Scrambler
Sep 15, 2015 at 1:46 PM Post #121 of 260
Hey guys, so I got mine delivered today from valuebasket. They actually should have been with me on Friday but I missed the delivery.

Haven't listened to them yet but will do some out of the box auditioning a bit later, stay tuned.

PS. Saw these on eBay earlier, they look of a very similar build to the FXH30s- http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=201243842323&alt=web

Looking forward to your impressions!

Those are an older JVC model. Pretty sure the FRDs replaced them. Think joker also has a review of them somewhere. Apparently they are VERY bright.

Sep 15, 2015 at 6:15 PM Post #122 of 260
Looking forward to your impressions!

Those are an older JVC model. Pretty sure the FRDs replaced them. Think joker also has a review of them somewhere. Apparently they are VERY bright.

First impressions OOTB, they sound pretty good.

I got them out and straight away started tip rolling without even trying stock tips. First put on the Brainwavz delta tips which are pretty wide bore, unfortunately they don't fit properly so that was a fail. However, then I decided to try the EPH medium tips and voila... nice fit and actually made the FXH30s sound a little bit like the EPH100. Still early days, but I can tell that these drivers are gonna need a LOT of pounding basslines and abuse to burn in.

This track sounds pretty awesome with them - https://youtu.be/qCXsYDi5Kds

Sep 15, 2015 at 8:55 PM Post #123 of 260
First impressions OOTB, they sound pretty good.

I got them out and straight away started tip rolling without even trying stock tips. First put on the Brainwavz delta tips which are pretty wide bore, unfortunately they don't fit properly so that was a fail. However, then I decided to try the EPH medium tips and voila... nice fit and actually made the FXH30s sound a little bit like the EPH100. Still early days, but I can tell that these drivers are gonna need a LOT of pounding basslines and abuse to burn in.

This track sounds pretty awesome with them - https://youtu.be/qCXsYDi5Kds

The stock tips definitely aren't the best match for them. If you're liking them ootb, wait till you get a few hours on them. I'm not a huge supporter of burn in, but I do feel extra play time benefits some earphones. These are one of them.

Nice track btw! I quite like this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZCqYgfssT0&index=6&list=PL9676A4774444E1B4

this one too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhZ2Xvyvb2A&index=9&list=PL9676A4774444E1B4

Sep 16, 2015 at 7:58 PM Post #125 of 260
Yeah no idea why JVC made the tip nozzles so small lol, because of the nozzle size its really hard to find good tips that fit properly as well.

Burn in is really subjective, but all I can say from experience is that carbon nanotubes strong materials and the like used by JVC need a LOT of hours of pounding music with bass. So anything like Trance, D&B, Drumstep, Dubstep, Freeform etc.. They will open up immensely after 50-100 hours of that stuff. It's no surprise really that the FXH sound a bit bright and congested OOTB. 

Oh and BT is a legend, love his tunage! Prefer more uplifting stuff tho, check out Vascotia - Calibro (Sonicvibe Remix)
wink.gif

If you have the Huawei Honor iem, definitely try out those tips. They work very, very well. 

I found burn in with the FXT90s and FX3X made a difference. Haven't really experience much of a difference with other iems. The FXH30 were ace right ootb to me :)

I never found the soundstage on the FXH30 congested, just not overly large. It seems quite deep, which you really start to notice once you get some play time on them. That brightness mellows out too. They actually have a nice warmth to them now that I have quite a bit of play time on them. Not sure if you own or tried the FRD/FXD80, or any other iems from that series for that matter, but the FXH30 is not even remotely bright compared to them. It's crazy how treble heavy those were.

That song is fantastic. Thanks for mentioning it!

Sep 17, 2015 at 5:20 AM Post #126 of 260
If you have the Huawei Honor iem, definitely try out those tips. They work very, very well. 

I found burn in with the FXT90s and FX3X made a difference. Haven't really experience much of a difference with other iems. The FXH30 were ace right ootb to me :)

I never found the soundstage on the FXH30 congested, just not overly large. It seems quite deep, which you really start to notice once you get some play time on them. That brightness mellows out too. They actually have a nice warmth to them now that I have quite a bit of play time on them. Not sure if you own or tried the FRD/FXD80, or any other iems from that series for that matter, but the FXH30 is not even remotely bright compared to them. It's crazy how treble heavy those were.

That song is fantastic. Thanks for mentioning it!

Don't have those tips mate, to be honest I have a very limited amount of tips in general and those that I do have won't fit the FXH30S nozzle length + width very well at all. I think some double flanges might work pretty well on the FXH30S, although the Meelec M7 medium ones are too big whereas the EPH100 medium tips seem to fit pretty well. I think this fight to find some perfect tips for these will go on.

Glad you like the track, there's a lot more stuff like that in my mixes.

PS. I've said this before but I love how fast these things are, keeping up with Hardcore and Freeform perfectly.

EDIT. Even after just 10 hours burn in at around 60% volume they are sounding much more open.

Sep 17, 2015 at 8:11 PM Post #127 of 260
Nice pic! That is an issue with all tip mounted micro dds...finding tips that fit correctly. The Hauwei Honor iems can be found for under 10 bucks. They might be worth picking up just for the tips since they work well on a variety of earphones.

I followed you on Soundcloud, but I'll have to check out your main page :)

Glad they've opened up for you after some extra playtime. I'm still rocking them almost exclusively....none of my other iems seem to cut it anymore. That said, I was rocking the AN16 today at work and was enjoying them for the first time since I received them as part of the VSD2 pre-order package.

Sep 22, 2015 at 11:14 AM Post #128 of 260
Don't have those tips mate, to be honest I have a very limited amount of tips in general and those that I do have won't fit the FXH30S nozzle length + width very well at all. I think some double flanges might work pretty well on the FXH30S, although the Meelec M7 medium ones are too big whereas the EPH100 medium tips seem to fit pretty well. I think this fight to find some perfect tips for these will go on.

Glad you like the track, there's a lot more stuff like that in my mixes.

PS. I've said this before but I love how fast these things are, keeping up with Hardcore and Freeform perfectly.

EDIT. Even after just 10 hours burn in at around 60% volume they are sounding much more open.

Can you compare to Tenore?

Sep 22, 2015 at 1:23 PM Post #129 of 260
Can you compare to Tenore?

Hey mate, I'm planning to do some A/B stuff at some point soon with the FXH30 - Tenores/EPH100.

Off the top of my head tho, the low bass is stronger on FXH30 with more depth as well is impact... The rumble on the FXH is just much nicer. Highs are sharper and more forward, mids are further back than the Tenores. In general the FXH have way more energy on their presentation than the Tenores.

Sep 22, 2015 at 2:00 PM Post #130 of 260
Hey mate, I'm planning to do some A/B stuff at some point soon with the FXH30 - Tenores/EPH100.

Off the top of my head tho, the low bass is stronger on FXH30 with more depth as well is impact. Highs are sharper and more forward, mids are further back than the Tenores.

I'm excited to read this comparo. :D

Sep 29, 2015 at 1:12 PM Post #133 of 260

Off the top of my head tho, the low bass is stronger on FXH30 with more depth as well is impact... The rumble on the FXH is just much nicer. Highs are sharper and more forward, mids are further back than the Tenores. In general the FXH have way more energy on their presentation than the Tenores.

Any further thoughts?  Are they your new favorite?

Oct 23, 2015 at 11:15 PM Post #135 of 260
Just got these last week from valuebasket and I've put them through about 48 hours of burn in. I'm fairly new to IEMs and good audio but so far these are my favorite IEMs. I have the 681 Evos and these have more treble detail compared to them. I can hear each instrument (esp guitars!) more acutely too. Bass is awesome. Soundstage is pretty goo. I agree with how good cymbals are represented.

These are excellent for hard rock, trance and EDM. I was thinking of getting a good car audio system but these would do just fine.

Am using the medium stock tips, wire from below and I'm happy for comfort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back