Review of the Audio Technica ATH-M50s headphones
Feb 23, 2011 at 2:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

duheee

New Head-Fier
This is a video i made of me unboxing and reviewing the M50s. I am truly sorry if it is horrendous and/or it made you go blind. I am new to High quality audio, so i might not have used the best words at some times. I also made this to settle any beats discussions with people at my school.

I.E:

Random kid: "why do you have those crappy headphones instead of beats?"

Me: "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJ-1NuJKR8M"

Let me know how i did with this video and how i could improve in the future. I will be doing a Bravo V2 amp unboxing and review in the near future.

The link for the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJ-1NuJKR8M

thanks,
Duheee

Feb 23, 2011 at 7:33 PM Post #3 of 18
Thanks for the advice! I did a comparison between them at around 7:02.

Feb 23, 2011 at 9:50 PM Post #4 of 18
That spring is for strain relief.... I've always loved that solution for strain relief!! Great job... love my M50s.

Feb 24, 2011 at 1:35 AM Post #6 of 18
Your first video stops at 9:11 =P
haha sorry for my immaturity..

*edit. Just watched your review... you got the most advanced review on youtube about everything except the sound quality haha.

Feb 24, 2011 at 1:41 AM Post #7 of 18

Quote:
Would you consider them to be as comfortable as the hd555/595's? For me its important that I am able to wear them for a long stretch of time.

Yes, if anything the M50s are more comfortable for me. I am easily able to wear them for long periods of time. Some people have complained about the m50s clamping too hard to your head, but i believe this what fixed with the new model ATH-M50 "S".
Feel free to ask any more questions comparing the two headphones, i am the person to ask.
gs1000.gif

Feb 24, 2011 at 1:46 AM Post #8 of 18

Quote:
Your first video stops at 9:11 =P
haha sorry for my immaturity..

*edit. Just watched your review... you got the most advanced review on youtube about everything except the sound quality haha.

Hmm didn't see the 9:11 thing...

Thanks! I agree that i need to go more in depth about sound quality.

Feb 24, 2011 at 5:22 AM Post #9 of 18

Quote:
Yes, if anything the M50s are more comfortable for me. I am easily able to wear them for long periods of time. Some people have complained about the m50s clamping too hard to your head, but i believe this what fixed with the new model ATH-M50 "S".
Feel free to ask any more questions comparing the two headphones, i am the person to ask.
gs1000.gif

As far as I know, the S only stands for that it has a straight cable, nothing more.

Feb 24, 2011 at 10:41 AM Post #10 of 18
Maybe he meant that the white box version is more comfortable than the older blue box version? Anyway thanks for the information. I am even more tempted to try a set now.

Feb 24, 2011 at 1:28 PM Post #12 of 18

Quote:
As far as I know, the S only stands for that it has a straight cable, nothing more.

Yes, i assumed that the "s" was the updated one, but the "s" is irrelevant. All manufacturers that i know of update their product periodically, and this is the case with the blue vs. the white box, but i am sure some updates have been done even without changing the box color. So yes, the "updated" version does not clamp as much in my opinion.

Feb 24, 2011 at 1:37 PM Post #13 of 18
Hi duheee - I am seriously considering purchasing these M50's.  My biggest concern is sound leakage.  I posted earlier today in a thread that I need some headphones that don't leak any sound or very minimal because I want to watch movies or listen to music in bed from my iPad while my wife is potentially sleeping.  She is very sensitive to noise while trying to sleep so was curious just how quiet these M50's are.  Please let me know your thoughts.  Hoping you say they are VERY quiet because based on the reviews I want a pair!!

Feb 24, 2011 at 4:28 PM Post #15 of 18

Quote:
Hi duheee - I am seriously considering purchasing these M50's.  My biggest concern is sound leakage.  I posted earlier today in a thread that I need some headphones that don't leak any sound or very minimal because I want to watch movies or listen to music in bed from my iPad while my wife is potentially sleeping.  She is very sensitive to noise while trying to sleep so was curious just how quiet these M50's are.  Please let me know your thoughts.  Hoping you say they are VERY quiet because based on the reviews I want a pair!!

There is very little sound leakage from these headphones. These leak very little compared to most headphones, so i think these would be your best bet. The sound leakage is basically unnoticeable for me at moderate volume unless my ear is less than a foot away from them. Hope that helps. Feel free to ask any more questions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back