Review of the Audio-Gd DAC-19 DF / MKIV
Mar 29, 2010 at 1:01 AM Post #106 of 128
Quote:

Originally Posted by geek101 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone using Audio-GD DAC-19DSP --> Audio-GD C2 with AKG K702?. I would like to know how AKG K702 will perform with the above setup. My source will be flac via M2Tech hiFace BNC.

I would want to get the mentioned setup, would start purchasing all one by one
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 29, 2010 at 1:04 AM Post #107 of 128
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zhirc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh man. I tried to resist so badly during the last days, but in the end, couldn't manage. So I just went too and ordered both DAC19DSP and C2 (B grade, minor dent on back), together with free ACSS-cable and Audio-gd's custom power cable from AmpCity, hoping to see some improvement over Compass with K702's.
cool.gif

Have to just hope that I don't regret this - and that I'll have enough money for school left.
rolleyes.gif

I would be getting a similar setup, any opinion.

Mar 29, 2010 at 10:58 AM Post #112 of 128
It´s a DAC so yes it has spdif inputs not outputs
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 29, 2010 at 9:10 PM Post #113 of 128
I bought the DF version 2 weeks ago. And noticed that playing MediaMonkey with either ASIO or KS driver will result in pops between tracks. Playing Foobar with WASAPI is OK.

Any of you guys have the same problem?

Cheers.

Mar 30, 2010 at 4:59 AM Post #115 of 128
I am running Vista Home Premium with a dual core 2.4GHz CPU and 2G of RAM.

Mar 30, 2010 at 5:13 AM Post #116 of 128
Hi all. I'm happy to report that my DAC19DF arrived from Pacific Valve today. I promised the wife I'd do our taxes first (ouch), but that's over and done with and I find myself being treated to a real sonic treat with this improved source.

The DAC19 replaces my the DacMagic in my headphone rig and permanently bumps the MHDT Paradisea v.1 to my speaker setup, where its somewhat colored sound is more welcome. I've tried the DAC19 with three amps (WA6, Ear+ and standard KICAS) and three sets of cans (HD650, DT990/600 and RS1) so far. Finally, my source is of an adequate quality to let the strengths and peculiarity of my gear shine through, rather than be obscured by the relative lack of focus of my DACs (especially the CA).

Anyway, that's it for now. I'll post a more thorough review in the weeks to come, but now I'm going to get back to listening to music (King Crimson, Great Deceiver Box Set Disc 2, WA6 and RS1 -- awesome).

Mar 30, 2010 at 11:45 AM Post #117 of 128
Quote:

Originally Posted by Olias of Sunhillow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll post a more thorough review in the weeks to come, but now I'm going to get back to listening to music (King Crimson, Great Deceiver Box Set Disc 2, WA6 and RS1 -- awesome).

Very much looking forward to your impressions Olias (a WA6/Ear + comparison, from someone who owns both, would alone be worth it's weight in gold around here!). Good choice with the DAC19 - it is a superb source, particularly for what it costs.

P.S I concur with KC + DAC19 + WA6 + RS1 = Awesome

Mar 30, 2010 at 11:49 AM Post #118 of 128
mtan002 did you try raising the latency in asio4all and mediamonkey? I occasionally had problems with media monkey with my vista computer and was too lazy to make mediamonkey less cpu-hungry so I mostly just used foobar.

Mar 30, 2010 at 11:55 AM Post #119 of 128
îíëàéí-èíöåñò ñåêñ-ôîòî â îôèñå Www.xxxfoto.ru ñïÿùèå äåâî÷êè ðîëèêè áåñïëàòíî <a href="http://www.bloggger.ru/369071/besplatno-*****-kartinki.html">ïîðíî çðåëûõ ôîòî</a> ôðèñêè ëè÷íîå âèäåî òðàõàåò ñîáàêó áåñïëàòíîå ïîðíî àíèìå ***** babuli [LINK ïîðíî]http://www.bloggger.ru/369071/skacha...sen.html]ïîðíî ôîòîãàëëåðåè[/LINK] êëèïû ñêà÷àòü áåñïëàòíî áåç ðåãèñòðàöèè çàâîðîòíþê ïîðíî

Mar 30, 2010 at 8:54 PM Post #120 of 128
One week in. I think I am getting to know it by now.

Edition 8 has definiatly grown the most. It has pretty much totally eradicated the feel I had about the Edition 8 sounding over damped. Always felt the Ultrasones the Pro 900 and the Ed 8 to lesser regard sounded a bit "thin" but not on this DAC.

Pro 900 I will have to A-B later on to see which Pro 900 I preferr. they are so radically different like different headphones compared to with my old DAC so it get very much yin/yang. Impossible to compare. If the goal is to never get a feel of a digital source or such the DAC19 is 100x better
wink.gif
. I would say this is an improvement if I was to stick with only the Pro 900 for that reason since it´s so good revealing such issues and I am focusing mostly on musical enjoyment nowadays.

DX 1000 is the one that lost out some though it´s still very musical and enjoyable that´s for sure. Mainly due to the Ed 8 and Pro 900 getting the DX 1000 lush mid range so it´s not special there anymore. The bass output of this DAC my brain seem to have managed to adapt to better then I ever could expect so that is seldom anything that annoys me anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back