Review of the all new Beyerdynamic T5p dynamic Headphone.
Mar 1, 2012 at 5:09 AM Post #77 of 95
Apologies if this has been asked before, but how do the T5p compare to the T70p? Was looking at the T5p as my next portable headphone (I already have the Ed8, love 'em)....but also got recommended the T70p when I was walking around my local headphone store here in Hong Kong.

Appreciate any thoughts!

May 22, 2012 at 7:30 AM Post #78 of 95
Quote:
Apologies if this has been asked before, but how do the T5p compare to the T70p? Was looking at the T5p as my next portable headphone (I already have the Ed8, love 'em)....but also got recommended the T70p when I was walking around my local headphone store here in Hong Kong.

Appreciate any thoughts!

x2!

Aug 3, 2012 at 1:54 PM Post #79 of 95

Appreciate any thoughts!

I think I can answer some of that now since I received the T5p. The T70p is sold some weeks ago so I can not compare directly but only out of memory. I am sure that the following are differences between the two:

1) They are both terrific headphones each of them could easily be my only headphone for most genres.
2) The T5p definitely adds more weight to the sound than the T70p.
3) There are much more impact to the bass in T5p than with T70p.
4) Both can be driven easily from almost any source but the T70p is brighter.
5) They both have excellent high resolution. I think the T70p sounds like it has higher resolution but I think that is because it has more emphasis on the treble then the T5p.
6) The bass in the T5p and T70p are both very tight but much more impact in the T5p (did I mention that already?)

Those are some of the main differences I come to think of at first listen to the T5p.

Feb 6, 2013 at 12:35 PM Post #80 of 95
I done a video review on it here:

Feb 6, 2013 at 2:13 PM Post #81 of 95
Great video! Thanks for sharing 
normal_smile .gif

I would say though that the T5p sounds warmer to me then the T70. Not much though. I can enjoy both the T70 and T5p and I could easily live with either one of them as my only headphone. I was lucky to have the T70p and T5p at the same time for more than a month and I ended up listening to the T5p all the time. The T70 are very special and is unique in their midrange presentation I think. They sound very liquid and their midrange forwardness makes voices sound very intimate and lifelike to me. 

Feb 23, 2013 at 12:23 PM Post #82 of 95
Is that a wireless router on top of all of your sound equipment? lol

Jun 6, 2014 at 5:09 AM Post #85 of 95
as i own both i have to say, that the t5p is Overall more refined. it Shows more Details, has better pinpoint Imaging and is even more comfortable. their soundsignatures are pretty similar and so is soundstage. the t5p still sounds like a closed headphone compared to the akg though.

Jun 6, 2014 at 10:43 AM Post #87 of 95
Out
as i own both i have to say, that the t5p is Overall more refined. it Shows more Details, has better pinpoint Imaging and is even more comfortable. their soundsignatures are pretty similar and so is soundstage. the t5p still sounds like a closed headphone compared to the akg though.

Out of a rate of 1-10 what would you give it for processing and mixing audio? Is it worth the money its asking for conpared to the used price of a akg k702 thats around 240

Jun 6, 2014 at 10:59 AM Post #88 of 95
So you know i own th ek702s and have purchased the beyerdynamics t5ps. I couldnt get a chance to test them because my audio store doesnt carry them but my cable supplier gave them a lot of praise and said i should go with them and they would benefit me better than the hd800s for studio work. im waiting for them to come from wisconsin, il. i live in vancity bc so its gonna take 1-2 weeks by ups

Users who are viewing this thread

Back