Review of Meier Audio Corda JAZZ with ƒƒ-technology upgrade
Jul 24, 2016 at 11:41 PM Post #241 of 439
I'm not sure how that would work, it seems like you wouldn't be able to use the balanced outs unless you opted for a different amp.
The LSR305 have balanced inputs so i would be using them with the speakers, and use the unbalanced outputs for the amp.And when i want to use hp's i will switch the outs to fixed and turn off the speakers and use the amp. At least thats how i thought it would work?

Jul 25, 2016 at 1:47 AM Post #242 of 439
The LSR305 have balanced inputs so i would be using them with the speakers, and use the unbalanced outputs for the amp.And when i want to use hp's i will switch the outs to fixed and turn off the speakers and use the amp. At least thats how i thought it would work?

Oh, I get it. I'm not really familiar with the Zdac, but I don't see any reason why that wouldn't work. And yes, I would use the fixed output setting with the Jazz. I'm sure it would work either way though.

Oct 2, 2016 at 8:41 AM Post #243 of 439
I don't really write full reviews, but I have owned the Jazz-ff for about 6 months and thought I would share my impressions.

First, I like the size of this amp and layout of the buttons and switches. All the controls are on the front of the amp and easily accessible. The volume knob is smooth, and it's easy to make small adjustments. The Jazz gets slightly warm when it has been on for a while, but never gets hot. Unfortunately, it doesn't have a pre-amp output.

This amp sounds good with all the headphones I've tried. I like that you can use it to drive sensitive headphones as well as 300-600 ohm dynamics. The bass and treble on the Jazz are well extended, but to my ears the mids are slightly recessed. Or perhaps the mids are just overshadowed by the amp's detailed highs. In any case, I enjoy the Jazz-ff very much, and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2016 at 7:59 AM Post #244 of 439
I have a question here....
I recently listened to jazz ff(my friend had it)

I have a diy agdr audio cmoy dual op1688....

With some tweak done by me

Silver gold mundorf soldering over PCB

Highest quality Caps and resistors(handmatched)

it has 150mA output to 2.2nF load...which is far more than enough and is far the best amp i have listened spec wise after agdr audio objective desk super amp

My question is when i listened to jazz earlier and compared to my cmoy...

Jazz was thrown out of competition

But Jazz FF was something different..how can it be so different from jazz normal

It took over my cmoy in imaging and soundstage was kept same as jazz...

Jazz- it felt colourful...not accurate

Jazz ff- Man, this amp is on sound correction steroids...this makes all my instrument sharper, accurate....the guitar felt in heart

Cmoy duo- clinical, super soundstage, but after jazz ff....image sounds a lot less accurate

Meier how did or i will ask what did sparked you while you were making ff

Tell me the spark

Dec 30, 2016 at 12:48 PM Post #245 of 439
But Jazz FF was something different..how can it be so different from jazz normal

It took over my cmoy in imaging and soundstage was kept same as jazz...

Jazz- it felt colourful...not accurate

Jazz ff- Man, this amp is on sound correction steroids...this makes all my instrument sharper, accurate....the guitar felt in heart

I am so happy that you like the ff. For me it was really an eye opener.
As Jan Meier is a friend of mine I can tell you as an outside observation that he really does an iterative process. He thinks about the stuff from a technical perspective and then builds it, tests it with his ears and then starts to refine it. That is at least how I understood it from our discussions. Later in the process he shows his ideas and prototypes to a small circle of friends who he trusts. Now in the case of the ff I did at this stage some blind testing not knowing when the original circuit was working and when the modified was working. Both for the amp and the DAC.
So when I had done my listening I had to tell Jan at which position I heard what. The ff was so easy to detect as it made a huge difference for me. The technical idea you can read about on his website, but the magic it does by helping the amplification stage not to be caught up in the bass area, is incredible. I just love what Jan does and I can tell you there will be more great things in the future. He is just a wizard.

Dec 30, 2016 at 8:57 PM Post #246 of 439
I am so happy that you like the ff. For me it was really an eye opener.
As Jan Meier is a friend of mine I can tell you as an outside observation that he really does an iterative process. He thinks about the stuff from a technical perspective and then builds it, tests it with his ears and then starts to refine it. That is at least how I understood it from our discussions. Later in the process he shows his ideas and prototypes to a small circle of friends who he trusts. Now in the case of the ff I did at this stage some blind testing not knowing when the original circuit was working and when the modified was working. Both for the amp and the DAC.

So when I had done my listening I had to tell Jan at which position I heard what. The ff was so easy to detect as it made a huge difference for me. The technical idea you can read about on his website, but the magic it does by helping the amplification stage not to be caught up in the bass area, is incredible. I just love what Jan does and I can tell you there will be more great things in the future. He is just a wizard.

i am waiting for the day when all the best diy'er engineer comes at a single stage and create something which shakes the stage of audio community

Jan meier is one of the greatest person and i think all those people who create a technically correct and superior devices are great than those who make stupid design with exotic component.

But i think he still has to take down nwavguy's Objective desktop(modified by agdraudio) and agdr audio cmoy.

Agdr audio nwavguy objective desk is pinnacle of amplifier for me. Powered by burson audio v5d at voltage amplification stage is able to take benchmark DAC 2 and throw a glass full of water on it.

So my suggestion to Jan meier, next time create something so great which takes decades to be outperformed.

And problem with ff is high sensitivity iem like triple fi is getting hissy and rough of cymballs and air while smooth on mid vocal which sound little unnatural....but not with senn hd800s and mad dogz

Jan 6, 2017 at 8:04 AM Post #247 of 439
Dear Druhvmeena96,

Needless to say that I'm very happy, that you like the JAZZ-FF so much.

> So my suggestion to Jan meier, next time create something so great which takes decades to be outperformed.

Please be noted, that the goal of making the original JAZZ never was to make the best amplifier available. Primary goal was to make the best amplifier at a low price point. Sure, at the time I was well able to make a better amp, but that would have cost much more.

My suggestion is you try the CORDA CLASSIC or CLASSIC-FF. Those are more in the line of making one of the best amps around, even if the price is still very moderate!

And as for a real super-amp? I'm currently working on it!!

:)

Jan

Jan 6, 2017 at 11:12 AM Post #248 of 439
I am listening to the latest Yello Album "Toy" through my Jazz FF right now and could not be happier. The Jazz is fed by my Sony ZX1 DAP into my Sony Z7 headphones right now. Makes the Z7 really sing and has a good control over the bass of the 70mm drivers. So Jan you might not have intended to create an end game amp with the Jazz, but with your lovely FF mod it got something very special to me.
What about a DAC with the same form factor of the Jazz and FF tech inside?

Jan 9, 2017 at 2:51 PM Post #249 of 439

My suggestion is you try the CORDA CLASSIC or CLASSIC-FF. Those are more in the line of making one of the best amps around, even if the price is still very moderate!

And as for a real super-amp? I'm currently working on it!!

:)

Jan

Super amp! Exciting news :)

I can only testify that the Corda Classic-ff is a great amplifier with great synergy with almost anything except Grados (in my opinion). 

Jan 10, 2017 at 10:57 AM Post #250 of 439
Ok....my test on jazz ff with digital eq correction of my audeze lcd4. This was done by mathEq after doing it flat by innerfidelity......so it is ideal flat to my ear.

Jazz ff review is......

Bro i can understand what ff is now. Correctly

It isnt about colouration, resolution etc.

It is like when you listen two instrument and vocal at same time...it happens that our ear select the dominating tone more which mask away other two making them sound a little less.

FF correct this and gives me feeling of sound a little more clear and natural and helped me listen for more hours....

If this is implemented with very exotic components and very tight match calculation....you can result your noise go down.

The sounf was a little edgy though but was a lot below trouble level and sound was very natural and seperable.

It is like vibrancy rather than saturation. Making dull color a little colorful and oversaturated a little less.

This is what i experienced this far

Jan 27, 2017 at 2:03 PM Post #251 of 439
I' m really interested in Jazz ff. I have Audioquest Nighthawk and iFi iDac2 and I think Jazz can bring something to this pair.
Can someone please tell me how many time between the order and the deliver (to Europe).
Thanks in advance and happy listenings.

Jan 28, 2017 at 7:21 AM Post #252 of 439
I' m really interested in Jazz ff. I have Audioquest Nighthawk and iFi iDac2 and I think Jazz can bring something to this pair.
Can someone please tell me how many time between the order and the deliver (to Europe).
Thanks in advance and happy listenings.

They should have the Non FF on stock. The modification might take a day or two. Delivery to Portugal is less than a week. Within two weeks you should have it.

Jan 28, 2017 at 7:39 AM Post #253 of 439
They should have the Non FF on stock. The modification might take a day or two. Delivery to Portugal is less than a week. Within two weeks you should have it.

Thank you!
After reading hours and hours about Jazz and others in the same price range, I think i'll go for it!
Doesn't have the hype of others but i have the feeling it's the best option to me.
If the Jazz is a good choice for HD650, then it will be a good choice to the Nighthawk's (some similarities between HD650 and Nighthawk's).
Thanks again pietcux for the answer and for the several posts about Jazz ff.
Helped me a lot!

Jan 28, 2017 at 1:34 PM Post #254 of 439
Thank you!
After reading hours and hours about Jazz and others in the same price range, I think i'll go for it!
Doesn't have the hype of others but i have the feeling it's the best option to me.
If the Jazz is a good choice for HD650, then it will be a good choice to the Nighthawk's (some [COLOR=333333]similarities between HD650 and [/COLOR]Nighthawk's).
Thanks again pietcux for the answer and for the several posts about Jazz ff.
Helped me a lot!

Right now I am listening through Sony ZX1 > Meier Audio Jazz FF > SONY Z1R headphone. Even aac 256 kbps sound rich and engaging. The bass is super tight and powerfull,the mids are smooth and the treble details are plenty,but still smooth and absolute not fatiguing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back