Review of Fiio E11
Oct 20, 2011 at 11:38 PM Post #17 of 75
Oct 24, 2011 at 3:11 AM Post #18 of 75
Thats it! i am pulling the trigger. I have spent over a month reading reviews/impressions/etc. At first i was afraid because the fiio e5 made my Triplefi.10's sound terrible, (although it did make my superfi.5vi's sound awesome) but after seeing the OP pair it with the TF10's and reading about what other people had to say regarding iem's, i am sold. Just signed up for a trial of amazon prime, and purchased.

Feb 20, 2012 at 2:01 AM Post #21 of 75

Quote:
Let's talk about the outlook of E11 first, Fiio E11 is consistent special and beautiful  with  wi        with past model E7 which is a lightweight design and give up a dac function and display from E7. The body of E11 is casted by brushed aluminum to achieve lighter weight , only 65g, and the thickness of E11 is very thin, only 13mm. The volume bottom of E11 made ​​a turn-style system volume and system volume is enclosed by a plastic "bridge ", it is the charactistic of E11 and made it look and feel better.

In function, Fiio E11 has two stages of EQ function (i.e. off/1/2), I heard that  bass will be correspondingly increased when turned on, , in addition to bass EQ function , the human voice will be also  a corresponding bulge. There will be a little noise when the EQ turned on, but very mild only. In addition, E11 has the function of gain, so that further increase the power for use of high impedance headphones. The battery used on the  F11 is nokia BL-5B Lithium-Ion battery, which is easily replaced, and the charging time is shortly, just about 2 hours to get the full charging, but the drawback is that there cannot be used when the USB connected to E11 for charging the battery.

I am using the ipv (mod) player and UE tf 10pro  in - earom iinin-earphone, it found that the human voice   is the weal  is the weakness of the my system, but I started to use with E11 together with off EQ functions, the problem become solved and the bass is quite adequate, field and analytical are also good. E11  may be trended on the bass design,  the treble  is not so good    is not very attractive comparatively, but also have fair performance, hoping the treble will become better after burn in  , because I only heard it in very short time. In addition, the power of E11 is well, because I only turn on  2 degrees volume with off gain, is still adequate volume for my mind,

Finally, the price of E11 is reasonable and attractive compared with the same grading/ list price portable Amp in the market, but also in the exterior design, both functional and quality of sound are still attractive.

字典 

"Welcome to Head-Fi! Sorry about your wallet"

Great to see a new member.. and a new review :D hope you like it here. And thank you for the review :D

for anyone wondering how the E11 compares. CLIEOS just this week wrote an extensive popular sub $100 amp shootout. the E11 takes top dog but it's still a very intersting read!

http://www.head-fi.org/t/596482/the-sub-100-portable-amps-shootout-8-amps-compared

Feb 21, 2012 at 1:02 AM Post #22 of 75
hey bowei,

just replied to your youtube.

does it make any sense to add an E9 or E10 to an E11? 

I mean, an E11+E10 (of course E11 on battery power) should sound BETTER than the E17 + E9 (since the E11 sounds better than the E17 by itself)....right?

Although....the E9 has way more power than the E10 right?   But E11 and E9 not good because double amping....and no dac...

so E10 + E11..........has anyone done this?    You can always use the spare battery and charge in the external charger......

Feb 21, 2012 at 8:56 AM Post #23 of 75
i trying to sell my e11 at least RM180

THE ORIGINAL PRICE OF IT IS RM230

MY FRIEND WAS SHOCK TO HEAR I WAS GOING TO SELL IT, HE SAID THAT AMP IS THE BEST AND IT IS CHEAP

EVERYONE KNOW THAT IT WAS MANUFACTURED IN china

but i still dunno why people say it was a good amp

Feb 24, 2012 at 3:42 PM Post #24 of 75
DjSkeleton, what do you mean that it was made in China, do you mean that accounts for the lower price? Many of these type of amps are made in Asia so we know that the price is kept down because of that. And why is it you don't like the amp? It is nice that you are joining the community for sure, welcome, but if you are going to say you don't like something, perhaps you could tell others why you say that. It helps people learn when other members provide more information. Welcome to head-fi, kiss your money good-bye!!

Feb 25, 2012 at 9:23 AM Post #25 of 75
I tried to post this in the buy and sell forum, but it said I wasn't allowed.  I guess I haven't been a member long enough?  I just bought off Ebay two new E11s for $60 each with free shipping.  The person has 8 more for sale.

http://tinyurl.com/6u8lha6

Feb 26, 2012 at 12:10 AM Post #26 of 75
Very nice review, maybe a few rating systems could have been put in, but still informative. This amp is arriving to my house on this coming Monday, so I'm pretty excited for it to get here, I like the idea of more power for my M50's along with a slight bass booster. Although people say that M50's don't need an amp, but anything that helps them sound nicer, or some extra bass for the music I have that don't come with a ton of bass would be really nice.

Feb 26, 2012 at 12:26 AM Post #27 of 75
Just got mine today. It arrived dead which stunk. You know, craving instant gratification and all. I like it, now just trying to see if my GR07's like low/high power or low/high gain more. I'm assuming high power, low gain for the best SQ. It a quality piece of kit. And still smaller and lighter than I thought it was going to be.

Feb 26, 2012 at 2:53 AM Post #28 of 75
I've had mine two weeks now. I'm not sure if they all do however mine arrived completely flat too. It took around three hours for a full charge, I wasn't fussed. with top up charges it's done in under an hour. Mines only used a few hours each night as I'm switching between my E5. I've come to conclusion that my E11 opens up mids and highs giving a unique sound signature of it's own, highs and mids sing coming to life with my CX300 II however, the bass...it's there in full form I'm just not feeling same sensations I get with my E5. Set at 45hz - E5's bass boost is deep with a low solid punch, whereas E11's bass feels coloured as if I'm playing up in the 80hz / 120hz range on the same EQ setting. High gain seems to bring  mids and highs forward without really touching bottom end. To compare both amps is completely different because they both sound unlike from each other both with individual positives.

I guess it depends what you're looking for in an amp as I enjoy both for different purposes. E11 for larger cans such as my Sony MDR V700 and E5 for smaller easily driven IEM's because the power of an E11 can be a little overwhelming for IEM's originally made for ipods /phones alone. That's where E5's are perfect contenders.

Anyway, I still prefer the E5 for daily use, and would recommend new comers to amps start there rather than jumping straight in as I did. 

Feb 26, 2012 at 9:02 PM Post #29 of 75
I really like what the E11 has done for my iPod 5th gen (the one with a good DAC not like the classics and touch). I am actually driving my 600ohm DT880s as I am writing this post. Very nice even driving such a high impedence set. I can't wait for my DT770 80 ohm set to get hear! For any Canadians who want to purchase the E11 I am going to post a link to the vendor from Markham Ontario who I purchased my Fii) from. I have ZERO interest and affiliation with this business. I just liked the service and I want to support Canadian distributors whenever I can. I paid $8 shipping and had my E11 the very next day after I placed my order! http://www.headfoneshop.com

Yah, I love the E11 already, glad I spent the small sum to get this nice little amp. Very small and portable in my view.

Feb 28, 2012 at 4:57 PM Post #30 of 75

Quote:
I've had mine two weeks now. I'm not sure if they all do however mine arrived completely flat too. It took around three hours for a full charge, I wasn't fussed. with top up charges it's done in under an hour. Mines only used a few hours each night as I'm switching between my E5. I've come to conclusion that my E11 opens up mids and highs giving a unique sound signature of it's own, highs and mids sing coming to life with my CX300 II however, the bass...it's there in full form I'm just not feeling same sensations I get with my E5. Set at 45hz - E5's bass boost is deep with a low solid punch, whereas E11's bass feels coloured as if I'm playing up in the 80hz / 120hz range on the same EQ setting. High gain seems to bring  mids and highs forward without really touching bottom end. To compare both amps is completely different because they both sound unlike from each other both with individual positives.

I guess it depends what you're looking for in an amp as I enjoy both for different purposes. E11 for larger cans such as my Sony MDR V700 and E5 for smaller easily driven IEM's because the power of an E11 can be a little overwhelming for IEM's originally made for ipods /phones alone. That's where E5's are perfect contenders.

Anyway, I still prefer the E5 for daily use, and would recommend new comers to amps start there rather than jumping straight in as I did. 

Exactly how I feel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back