Review of Audioquest JitterBug - USB Data & Power Noise Filter.
Oct 1, 2015 at 7:15 AM Post #182 of 358
Sorry if this has been covered, but when using the Wyrd and Jitterbug together, should the Jitterbug insert into the Wyrd or vice versa?

It was posted in post #144. I asked the same question.

Oct 1, 2015 at 2:03 PM Post #183 of 358
Well, bummer. The JB sounds better preceding the Wyrd rather than having it between the Wyrd and DAC...so I guess that means it's only hurting the sound.

The most noticeable thing the Jitterbug seems to do is diminish the richness of the bass.

Using with an Asus Xonar Essence One + Wyrd and Auioquest Forest USB cables.

Oct 1, 2015 at 2:51 PM Post #184 of 358
Hey Stuart,

You sound as frustrated as I was. Good for you on being so tenacious with giving it chance to prove itself. 

There's a lot to be said for judging a subtle component like the Jitterbug in various combinations with other gear. I tried it "every which way" to no avail. On someone's recommendation, I even tried plugging the Jitterbug into an empty USB port on my TiVo DVR and again, into an available USB port on my smart TV - to no advantage that I could see - despite the other party having seen a big improvement in picture quality. 

In the end, at a cost of $50, it wouldn't take much of an improvement to justify keeping the Jitterbug, but everyone who is in the least bit curious should ignore what other people are saying about its efficacy in their systems.  Get a Jitterbug and try it in your own system.  It could actually do some good. Then again, it might not, in which case you can return it or sell it.  It did nothing advantageous for me, no matter where I tried it.  

Mike
[/quote Well mine arrives today. I'm going to try it from my computer's USB port to supra 5 m cable to a Regen Amber to my NAD M51 and see what happens. If that proves to be unhappy I'm then going to try it on my Nas empty USB port. And I'm going to give it a try on my AUNE t2 dac/headphone amp. All will be given a long session to allow for burn in. It's a 50 buck item so if doesn't do anything miraculous I won't be screaming the house down or burning it the stake.

Oct 5, 2015 at 9:33 AM Post #185 of 358

Well mine arrives today. I'm going to try it from my computer's USB port to supra 5 m cable to a Regen Amber to my NAD M51 and see what happens. If that proves to be unhappy I'm then going to try it on my Nas empty USB port. And I'm going to give it a try on my AUNE t2 dac/headphone amp. All will be given a long session to allow for burn in. It's a 50 buck item so if doesn't do anything miraculous I won't be screaming the house down or burning it the stake.

Good one!  :)

Yeah, as long as you can return it if necessary, buy and try is the best way to go.

Oct 5, 2015 at 10:25 PM Post #186 of 358
Received my AQJB today. Count me in the group that noticed a significant benefit from this little device.

Noticeable increase in clarity, more precise imaging, deeper soundstage. Haven't tried a Regen or Wyrd, but this is a nice surprise.

Didn't know my little CAPS server was so noisy.

Oct 11, 2015 at 5:12 AM Post #187 of 358
Received my AQJB today. Count me in the group that noticed a significant benefit from this little device.

Noticeable increase in clarity, more precise imaging, deeper soundstage. Haven't tried a Regen or Wyrd, but this is a nice surprise.

Didn't know my little CAPS server was so noisy.
That's where mine ended up to. And it worked a treat. Well worth it.

Oct 11, 2015 at 9:04 AM Post #188 of 358
I'm baffled by the disparity of responses.

Degrades SQ for me...improves for you? Is my setup just cleaner? I do get improvements from the iUSB and the iFi Mercury and Gemini cables, so why not Jitterbug?

Oct 11, 2015 at 9:08 AM Post #189 of 358
Don't forget that it may simply drop the connection between the computer and USB DAC 
rolleyes.gif

It's a case of definite YMMV.

Nov 17, 2015 at 3:42 AM Post #193 of 358
Is it real, or "bah humbug"?
Here's Headfonia's review http://www.headfonia.com/review-audioquest-jitterbug-usb-magic/

Nov 17, 2015 at 1:28 PM Post #194 of 358
Something I encourage is if you have the Jitterbug and like it and have been using it for a while, take it out of the chain and then listen again. I did exactly this and immediately found the music was more dynamic, more bass impact, and less purely vocal forward with it out.

I got rid of the Jitterbug. 

Nov 17, 2015 at 1:34 PM Post #195 of 358
  Something I encourage is if you have the Jitterbug and like it and have been using it for a while, take it out of the chain and then listen again. I did exactly this and immediately found the music was more dynamic, more bass impact, and less purely vocal forward with it out.

I got rid of the Jitterbug. 

Sounds similar to what I heard in a number of systems.  My notes on the most recent listening.

Heard two jitterbugs in my friends system today.  Sounded the worst I could remember.  No life, most spatial cues gone, everything rounded off, no air, and sandy female vocals.  Really rich though like someone turned on the loudness button and turned the treble down.

Wow!
cleardot.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back