Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04, ATH-IM50, & ATH-IM70
Feb 19, 2015 at 5:07 AM Post #1,606 of 3,060
The
I had CK90pro but they were falling out constantly, however I liked their sound. That is why I'm considering CK100pro, as an original AT sound. Are there any other options which memic CK100pro sound? What can be an upgrade within $700? I tried W50 and wasn't impressed with them, now I don't know what to do, except for switching to custom iems. 

The ck100pro is a little unique of it's own.
There probably isn't any alternative in the modern world of bass oriented consumers.
The only solution maybe to opt for an very bright CIEM

Feb 19, 2015 at 8:55 AM Post #1,608 of 3,060
The only solution maybe to opt for an very bright CIEM

Why do U think that equivalent to CK100pro is very bright, as far as I know they close to K701, which is not as piercing bright like DT880. 

The current price for CK100pro is significantly higher than the price of IM03, if I had had to compare them directly I would have decided nothing to buy.  Are there any issues with fitting of IM03or04 for a long listening sessions?

Feb 19, 2015 at 9:54 AM Post #1,609 of 3,060
Why do U think that equivalent to CK100pro is very bright, as far as I know they close to K701, which is not as piercing bright like DT880. 

The current price for CK100pro is significantly higher than the price of IM03, if I had had to compare them directly I would have decided nothing to buy.  Are there any issues with fitting of IM03or04 for a long listening sessions?
for an iem, there isn't a iem that is as bright and sharp as 100pro except ck10 for the price.

Im03 and ck100pro are of different ends. One is bright while another is warm like. Hence its more of taste. Then again, 100pro is for older generation music

Feb 19, 2015 at 6:51 PM Post #1,610 of 3,060
Does anyone know the isolation on the IM03 compared to the CKR10? I have the CKR10 and the isolation is pretty bad coming from an etymotic.

Feb 19, 2015 at 11:00 PM Post #1,612 of 3,060
  Does anyone know the isolation on the IM03 compared to the CKR10? I have the CKR10 and the isolation is pretty bad coming from an etymotic.

You are coming from ety man, keep calm, nothing comes close if its not another ety. earsonic sm64 can be close, shure se535 can be considered but cant beat an ety.

Feb 20, 2015 at 1:50 PM Post #1,613 of 3,060
Hey guys; if anybody is interested I have a pair of mint condition IM02's up for sale in the FS section that come with the silver upgrade cable. 

Everything is mint and comes with extra tips, so if you're interested, head over and check it out. They're priced to sell. 

If you look at everything in my profile, I've found my current setup with the IM02's to be the most detailed, resolving setup I've ever had. Amazing headphones; bass is deeper, more controlled than my AT ES 10's, mids are perfect, and detail is superb. 

I should get around to writing a full review though; meh, we'll see. 

Feb 20, 2015 at 1:51 PM Post #1,614 of 3,060

I found wonders using the flip mod and Comply tips. The included silicons are pretty thin and are only useful in really quiet places, IMO. If you're commuting or in a coffee shop, comply's will be necessary. 

Feb 20, 2015 at 2:33 PM Post #1,615 of 3,060
Hello, I'm interested in purchasing the IM02 to use with my iPod Classic. Which amp is better paired with the IM02? JDS Labs C5, Sony PHA-1, Sony PHA-2, Sony PHA-1A, or the Fostex HP-P1?

Feb 20, 2015 at 8:15 PM Post #1,616 of 3,060

I found wonders using the flip mod and Comply tips. The included silicons are pretty thin and are only useful in really quiet places, IMO. If you're commuting or in a coffee shop, comply's will be necessary. 

The M-Size Comply t-500 don't help me much.

I don't know whether the L-size will improve the isolation much.  My local area only sell M. :frowning2:

Feb 20, 2015 at 11:06 PM Post #1,617 of 3,060
Hello Everyone,

I just picked up some second hand IM04 from a local shop here in Jakarta.  I was using the GR07BE before.  Isolation is not on par with the Vsonics GR07BE but the sound signature is similar.  I like this type of sound, I also have Audeze LCD-2 hooked up with V200 amp and MDAC.  Nice detailed bass is the first thing I noticed along with smooth mids and treble.  To make matters more interesting, I also picked up a Matrix Mini portable amp.  Now according to reviews this is one dark amp, but after playing with the equaliser settings and adding a touch of treble, I get a wonderful sound.  Running the amp on low gain. The Comply tips are a bit crap IMO, I prefer the Silicone.  

Dark background,Hard hitting bass, large soundstage, lush mids, the sound has real weight to it.  Guitars and Drums are a joy to listen to.  Good separation and theres actually depth.  Almost makes you think you are listening to full cans like HD650/lcd-2.  I just wish the vocals were a little more forward but can't have it all.  Listening to Metallica S&M on this set up is just pure bliss.  'One' and 'Outlaw torn' have been on full repeat.  

Feb 21, 2015 at 9:09 AM Post #1,618 of 3,060
 IM03 is less affected to variation of Out Z, than IM02. For IM03 Lower Out Z increases the treble and transparency, and might cause rather thin sounding midrange and some mild sibilant on bright recording. IM03 sounds excellent on Centrance DACport with around 10 ohms Out Z, good mix of smoothness and transparency. But IM03 also sound excellent with some lower Out Z player / amp, such as Yulong DA8 headphone output, and Hifiman HM-901 with Minibox Amplifier Module.

Hello hifi Friends :wink:)
can I run the Xperia V with the IM03 and IM02 with?
What is the output impedance from the V Sony Xperia smartphone? I have found no data to
greeting jens

Users who are viewing this thread

Back