Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04, ATH-IM50, & ATH-IM70
Apr 5, 2014 at 3:26 AM Post #466 of 3,060
How do you find the treble on it? I'm really liking the IM02 but it maybe lacks a little speed and treble extension, but it's so hard to get that without going into sibilance territory.

The treble extension on re272 is really well done. Really smooth. A near comparison from memory is that it extends as linearly as the TF10 or even best it. re272 is leaning towards the brighter side of things. I suppose it might be better than the DBA02 though I've not heard them yet.

Apr 8, 2014 at 4:53 AM Post #471 of 3,060
Btw, just wondering does any of the new ATH-IM models sound similar/closest to the CK100's (not the PRO's)? I've had them for quite a while now and I really enjoy them, but from what I understand they have one of the most unique sound signatures that are not founded in other iem's, and they have been discontinued.  

Apr 8, 2014 at 5:42 AM Post #472 of 3,060
  so how is the build quality?

I have the IM50, the build quality is not bad, cable connections is sturdy and all, strain relief seems good to, standard Audio Technica quality. But don't know whether is it bad luck or what the set I received had driver imbalance, and I had to wait 2 months for stocks due to high demand...

Apr 8, 2014 at 6:37 AM Post #473 of 3,060
  I have the IM50, the build quality is not bad, cable connections is sturdy and all, strain relief seems good to, standard Audio Technica quality. But don't know whether is it bad luck or what the set I received had driver imbalance, and I had to wait 2 months for stocks due to high demand...

I disagree, the cable connectors to the IEM is clunky in my opinion. It just does not have that secure feeling since it still can move around (although to a limited degree).

Apr 8, 2014 at 7:15 AM Post #475 of 3,060
I had IM02 and now IM03 - very secure cable connection, among the best I have seen. If yours is loose, you probably got a defective unit.

Apr 8, 2014 at 7:22 AM Post #476 of 3,060
Hmm. Mine is very tight and it does not move around at all. To remove the cable requires much effort. IM50 here:.

Same here. Cable connectors are  very tight and need too much effort to remove the cable. 

Apr 8, 2014 at 10:39 AM Post #477 of 3,060
Probably need to clear this up, when the connector is plugged in yes it is tight and needs considerable force to plug it out.
Yet at the plugged in state, the cable connectors seems loose as in there are still room for movement thus why I called it a little bit wonky.

Apr 8, 2014 at 6:19 PM Post #478 of 3,060
Probably need to clear this up, when the connector is plugged in yes it is tight and needs considerable force to plug it out.
Yet at the plugged in state, the cable connectors seems loose as in there are still room for movement thus why I called it a little bit wonky.

Nope, at the plugged in state mine (IM70) is still very secure and does not move around.

Apr 8, 2014 at 8:07 PM Post #479 of 3,060

My IM02s are like that too, although I hadn't noticed it until I checked just now.

Apr 9, 2014 at 3:00 AM Post #480 of 3,060
My experience with the IM02 has made me decide to re-buy a set of ER-4S. I sold them ages ago because I couldn't deal with the deep insertion but I want to try these new glider tips. Also they're such a reference point for me I want to own a pair so I can come back to them from time to time so see how my latest phones measure up. So once I get them I will post some more detailed comparisons with the IM02.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back