Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04, ATH-IM50, & ATH-IM70
Jul 24, 2014 at 2:09 PM Post #826 of 3,060
Does the im50/70 have a more intimate and smooth vocal? Or is it a dryer, more crisp vocal? I've heard it does mids well and even heard that they stand out. while I do enjoy mids, I find them somewhat distracting overtime if not done properly.

So just how do those mids/ vocals sound y'all?

Jul 24, 2014 at 3:07 PM Post #827 of 3,060
Does the im50/70 have a more intimate and smooth vocal? Or is it a dryer, more crisp vocal? I've heard it does mids well and even heard that they stand out. while I do enjoy mids, I find them somewhat distracting overtime if not done properly.

So just how do those mids/ vocals sound y'all?

Smooth and natural.

Jul 25, 2014 at 12:01 AM Post #829 of 3,060
Nice! Trying to decide between im01 and im50/70!!! What to do...

Buy IM50 first, since it is a cheaper option. If you don't like it, just sell it. It would be easy to sell IM50... so many positive reviews and happy users here 
normal_smile .gif

Then buy IM01 if you want to venture BA driver.

Jul 25, 2014 at 1:31 AM Post #830 of 3,060
Nice! Trying to decide between im01 and im50/70!!! What to do...

Get the IM70.  It's not the best earphone that I have, but it sounds great for the money and I use it quite a bit.  It's a really good 2nd earphone that you can use anywhere and if anything was to happen to it you wouldn't lose sleep over it.  

Jul 25, 2014 at 11:30 AM Post #836 of 3,060
Dang! Im50 or im70!?!? I really hate the red color, but if it sounds better then I will deal I guess.

IMHO, the difference is just a little:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/705687/review-of-audio-technica-ath-im01-ath-im02-ath-im03-ath-im04-ath-im50-ath-im70/765#post_10707838

Jul 26, 2014 at 10:49 PM Post #838 of 3,060
After my recent review of ATH-IMxy replacement cables, I decided to share with you another great accessory which I place into "must have" category.

This is a review of Brainwavz earphone hard case. http://www.mp4nation.net/brainwavz-earphone-hard-case

It doesn't matter if you have $25, $500, or $1000 pair of headphones. If you want to extend their longevity, you need to protect your headphones by storing in a case when not in use or while transporting them. In-ear headphones are especially vulnerable to damage since wire attachment to earpiece is the weakest point where you should avoid bends. Removable cables help so you don't have to replace the whole headphone set, but not every in-ear headphone has those. Often manufacturers include a draw string storage pouch because it takes little room in headphone packaging, but they are a joke when it comes to a protection. Furthermore, a lot of standard small round zip cases don't work with headset where you have to deal with memory wire. I have been searching for awhile to find hard case for my ATH-IM50 and ATH-IM03, and finally found a perfect solution I would like to share with you about.

Though Audio Technica designed their headphones with removable cables, these have a rather finicky memory wire which takes awhile to shape and to keep that shape intact when headphones are not in use. On top of that, IM50 comes with a small drawstring pouch and IM03 comes with a huge case the size of sunglass cases. I tried some after market cases, but they were either too small, or too big, or too smelly, and the most important thing - too shallow. Brainwavz earphone hard case hits the sweet spot with the best design ergonomics I have seen so far.

Designed from a very durable material, its rigid EVA hard shell is strong enough to protect from external crushing, and has inner soft lining to protect from scratches, including stretchable storage pockets on each side. It also comes with a double zipper which makes it convenient to place a small mp3 player, like Sansa Clip, and be able to adjust zippers for headphone cable opening. The internal dimensions are about 80mm x 55mm x 30mm. With my IM50 and IM03, I was able to wrap the wire and store it in one pocket while headphones with a memory wire portion were resting on top of it leaving enough room to close and zip a case without squishing pre-shaped memory wire.

Overall, for some it might sounds over the top to write a review about a headphone case, but I think it's as important as any other essential headphone accessory. This hard case is spacious enough to keep 2 pairs of regular headphones, or a pair of headphones with memory wires, or for headphones and a small mp3 player like Sansa Clip or Clip Sport. Considering $6 price from MP4Nation, one of the main distributors of Brainwavz products, this is without a doubt a must have accessory for your in-ear headphones!

Here are the pictures.

Jul 26, 2014 at 11:16 PM Post #840 of 3,060
Thanks!

I have one from Brainwavz S5. Nice case, also the size is just right.

But i seldom bring only one earphones, so for me i use Narmoo S1 case more often.

That Narmoo case looks nice too, thanks to rectangular shape.  Is it deep enough?  But then, it's convenient to just get S5 case for $6 :wink:  Btw, I got S5 as well and loving it!  Will write my review soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back