Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04, ATH-IM50, & ATH-IM70
Mar 26, 2014 at 5:53 PM Post #391 of 3,060
They've been in touch now, they're saying the stock will be in in 4-5 days. I ordered the mic cable as well thinking the shipping would be free but I think the free shipping a special deal on the phones only. Hopefully they'll stick it all in together.

I think it is 10,000 or more is free so the cable isn't enough on its own. Of course they should realize/put it together as one order and not charge. Depends if you just ordered the cable separate they might just fill that order on it's own not realizing or possibly a different worker wouldn't know to connect the two.

Maybe reply back saying thanks, fine waiting the extra days, I added the cable on, you can ship together blah blah to better the chances.  You'd have two wait for two packages and the if the cable comes a couple/three days early you can't do anything with it anyhow.

Mar 26, 2014 at 7:01 PM Post #392 of 3,060

I think it is 10,000 or more is free so the cable isn't enough on its own. Of course they should realize/put it together as one order and not charge. Depends if you just ordered the cable separate they might just fill that order on it's own not realizing or possibly a different worker wouldn't know to connect the two.

Maybe reply back saying thanks, fine waiting the extra days, I added the cable on, you can ship together blah blah to better the chances.  You'd have two wait for two packages and the if the cable comes a couple/three days early you can't do anything with it anyhow.

Yeah that's right. I actually asked them to ship the earphones separately if they had those in stock but they said both are 4-5 days away so will ship together. Even if they do charge shipping I'll still save $50 on the next best price. But now I have a slightly extended stint of the most painful period in a head-fiers life, the time between order and delivery. Still not as long as it seems I'm gonna have to wait for my ZX1.

Mar 26, 2014 at 9:40 PM Post #394 of 3,060
  Are you guys talking about HDC1is cable with in-line remote/mic?

Yeah, I want that one for when I'm using them with my iphone. I'm also getting a Sony ZX1 so if there's negligible sound difference I'll probably use them with that so I have easy play/pause and volume control. It cost $35USD from Rakuten, plus shipping.

Mar 27, 2014 at 11:58 AM Post #395 of 3,060
  I am in the process of ordering the IM02 from Rakuten Global, they offer a version with the new updated cable, for $258. The cable alone is worth $90.
They have a similar deal with the im03's.

Not sure about the mailing cost though, waiting on an email to let me know.

I originally ordered the IM03 from Ebay, at the time of ordered, the total price was basically the same as Amazon Japan plus tenso's shipping price. Not sure if that is still true.

I got my IM02's with the updated cable today from Chuya in Rakuten Global, total paypal charge was $263 after conversion. Took about a week for delivery  No mailing charges but the price had gone up a few dollars from the time I started to order to the last confirmation email.

It's the new AT-HDC5/1.2 cable.

Mar 27, 2014 at 3:11 PM Post #397 of 3,060
  What do you think of the cables? Bought these cables for my IM70's and it did seem to improve the sonic qualities. 

I would be curious to find out as well, but since he just got his IM02, I would recommend first a burn in of IEMs with original cable and give it a good listening for a few days after a burn in.  Then, do a new round of burn in with HDC5 (yeah, cable needs some burn-in period as well), and share with us your opinion afterwards.

Mar 27, 2014 at 4:13 PM Post #398 of 3,060
Yeah, that's the plan.

Mar 27, 2014 at 9:37 PM Post #399 of 3,060
Cable burn in 
rolleyes.gif
, just tell us what they sound like!

Mar 27, 2014 at 10:18 PM Post #400 of 3,060

I would be curious to find out as well, but since he just got his IM02, I would recommend first a burn in of IEMs with original cable and give it a good listening for a few days after a burn in.  Then, do a new round of burn in with HDC5 (yeah, IMO cable needs some burn-in period as well), and share with us your opinion afterwards.

Let me fix that for you, so as not to misdirect others. 
wink.gif

Mar 27, 2014 at 10:34 PM Post #401 of 3,060
How about IME (in my experience) of owning and using one of the OFC replacement cables which I found to change sound characteristics (though, not significantly) after burn in, and confirmation I got from FiiO design engineer who made this cable for me :p

It's very subtle, but change did happen :)

Mar 27, 2014 at 11:04 PM Post #404 of 3,060

BTW I wasn't having a go at you, I was just thinking that here we go with another cable burn-in fight. 

I'm cool with it!  No need for a fight, I do understand people have different views on the subject, and I respect that.  We can all agree to disagree :wink:  The sound perception is very subjective.  Heck, I'm listening with the same pair of IEMs from the same DAP and the same song, and the damn thing sounds different from the morning to the evening when I listen to it again lol!!!

Mar 28, 2014 at 9:16 AM Post #405 of 3,060

I'm cool with it!  No need for a fight, I do understand people have different views on the subject, and I respect that.  We can all agree to disagree :wink:  The sound perception is very subjective.  Heck, I'm listening with the same pair of IEMs from the same DAP and the same song, and the damn thing sounds different from the morning to the evening when I listen to it again lol!!!

Cheers to you mate. 
beerchug.gif
It's great that you are able to perceive the improvement. some don't and that is cool as well, the important thing is we are enjoying our music. 
L3000.gif

Now I am patiently waiting for payday so that I can finally get me one of those IM70s

Users who are viewing this thread

Back