Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04, ATH-IM50, & ATH-IM70
Jan 21, 2015 at 11:33 AM Post #1,501 of 3,060
It is 404 prime on Amazon now. But still kinda high. Now let's see how well perceived these are in the next few months. :) What interested me is 4 BA drivers, and removable cable the same as im70 which I already has upgraded cable with mic hehe

Jan 21, 2015 at 8:46 PM Post #1,503 of 3,060
My issue with that though is the total lack of warranty and inability to make a return. IIRC, anything purchased through a forwarding service like that has 0 warranty

No, not really, you may have to send it back to Japan for warranty issues, but its still covered as you are the buyer.

Jan 21, 2015 at 9:09 PM Post #1,505 of 3,060
Only you are paying for shipping twice...and wait for months..

That can be indeed true. Depends on if the savings justify the risk, and only the buyer can decide that.

Buying second hand, or from unauthorized dealers here in the States, including from Amazon third party sellers, would probably be even more risky, imho, than buying from Amazon Japan.
People do it all the time, and are usually quite happy with the savings and items bought.
cheers.

Jan 22, 2015 at 11:08 PM Post #1,509 of 3,060
  Has anybody had the privilege of having all IM03, IM04, and the FX850?

I should have the IM04 next week, ordered it yesterday. I have the other two.

Jan 23, 2015 at 8:27 AM Post #1,513 of 3,060
Good day Audio Technica fans!

I've recently having the pleasure of purchasing the ATH-IM70 and I had to say I just could not hear what you all heard in them.  They seemed lacking something to my ears. I am listening from a DX50 unamped and I mainly listen to Jazz and Classical. I just couldnt believe these highly rated IEM's were not pleasing to my ears and I quickly went back to my hifiman re-400's!  Then I got to thinking what the strengths of this IEM are, good sub bass, and balanced sound across the FR.  I decided to give it one more try on some old vinyl R&B music and WOW!  They have impressed me and they haven't left my ears!  Speaking of not leaving my ears, they fit mine perfectly and can never really tell they are on.  I'm using Auvio tips btw. This is such a well made unit with thick durable cables that I'm looking into more of Audio Technica products as far as IEM's and may even venture into full size cans.  Just had to type this up and say thank you all for causing money problems in the home and mean looks from my wife! Good thing I can't hear what she is saying with these in though!

Happy Listening!

Jan 23, 2015 at 8:30 AM Post #1,514 of 3,060

I've recently having the pleasure of purchasing the ATH-IM70 and I had to say I just could not hear what you all heard in them.  They seemed lacking something to my ears. I am listening from a DX50 unamped and I mainly listen to Jazz and Classical. I just couldnt believe these highly rated IEM's were not pleasing to my ears and I quickly went back to my hifiman re-400's!  Then I got to thinking what the strengths of this IEM are, good sub bass, and balanced sound across the FR.  I decided to give it one more try on some old vinyl R&B music and WOW!  They have impressed me and they haven't left my ears!  Speaking of not leaving my ears, they fit mine perfectly and can never really tell they are on.  I'm using Auvio tips btw. This is such a well made unit with thick durable cables that I'm looking into more of Audio Technica products as far as IEM's and may even venture into full size cans.  Just had to type this up and say thank you all for causing money problems in the home and mean looks from my wife! Good thing I can't hear what she is saying with these in though!

Happy Listening!

Welcome to the IM series family :wink:

Jan 23, 2015 at 11:03 AM Post #1,515 of 3,060

Happy Listening!

What did you not like about them to begin with? Glad you like them after all. These sound like far more expensive phones, although I'm still in two minds about the fit. That memory wire is kinda annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back