Review of Audio Technica ATH-CKR9 & ATH-CKR10
Jan 11, 2015 at 11:20 AM Post #571 of 1,193
Glad I made the right choice. Should be here sometime next week. Will give some impressions then.

Please do, I'd appreciate to hear how you feel about them. I still haven't completely dismissed the thought of getting the 9's as well :wink:

Jan 11, 2015 at 11:29 AM Post #572 of 1,193
Please do, I'd appreciate to hear how you feel about them. I still haven't completely dismissed the thought of getting the 9's as well
wink.gif

Don't worry I will write up some nice impressions for you so you would get them :p

@twister6  Lol

Jan 11, 2015 at 11:33 AM Post #573 of 1,193
Jan 11, 2015 at 12:38 PM Post #575 of 1,193
  Glad I made the right choice. Should be here sometime next week. Will give some impressions then.

Yes, as the others said, that's based on how the tracks are mastered. The CKR9 have a very deep sub bass but they aren't boomy unless the track is engineered that way. In fact, they're extremely tight and punchy. Some of the cleanest bass I've heard in my life.

Jan 11, 2015 at 9:44 PM Post #576 of 1,193
Ckr9 vs 9ltd

I tired ckr9 and really like bass quality,vocal presentation and airness.

I find Ckr10 too much bass and congested although fuller.

Does ckr9ltd differ too much from 9?
Coz I really like the color and it's only 15usd different in singapore.

Jan 12, 2015 at 2:19 AM Post #577 of 1,193
Ckr9 vs 9ltd

I tired ckr9 and really like bass quality,vocal presentation and airness.

I find Ckr10 too much bass and congested although fuller.

Does ckr9ltd differ too much from 9?
Coz I really like the color and it's only 15usd different in singapore.

Seriously ?  Only 15$ more ?  
I own the 9, ABed with the 10 and Ltd extensively : The LTD is noticeably different (better) to my ears than the 9, which I much prefered to the 10.  I am just waiting for a used or open-box deal in Tokyo to buy the LTD.  If your price difference is only 15$, and you like the 9, definitely get the LTD.  The LTD build quality is noticeably better, too.  

Jan 12, 2015 at 4:26 AM Post #578 of 1,193

Yes, as the others said, that's based on how the tracks are mastered. The CKR9 have a very deep sub bass but they aren't boomy unless the track is engineered that way. In fact, they're extremely tight and punchy. Some of the cleanest bass I've heard in my life.

That's good because I really hate boomy bass. Hope the vocals are just as good as the bass :)

Jan 12, 2015 at 6:33 AM Post #579 of 1,193
That's good because I really hate boomy bass. Hope the vocals are just as good as the bass :)

Don't worry I'm sure you'll enjoy them. I hate boomy bass as well but I've fallen in love with the 10's. Best bassy IEM's I've heard by a mile and some:wink:

Jan 12, 2015 at 10:16 AM Post #580 of 1,193
Thanks. On another note i'm seeing a lot of positive reviews for the CKR9LTD. I would have gotten those if it weren't that much more expensive than the other two. It seems to have the best qualities of both the 9 and the 10's.

Jan 12, 2015 at 11:59 AM Post #581 of 1,193
  Thanks. On another note i'm seeing a lot of positive reviews for the CKR9LTD. I would have gotten those if it weren't that much more expensive than the other two. It seems to have the best qualities of both the 9 and the 10's.

Yeah., they seem to be the best of both worlds.

Today I tried to do some some A/B with the Havi B3 Pro1 and the CKR10, that turned out not to be easy: each time I put the Havi's in the ear they felt so bass light as if something was wrong with them and each time I put the 10's in all I could hear was the bass. I just gave up but I think it's safe to say that these two are polar opposites in the world of IEM's, yet they're both very good.

Jan 12, 2015 at 12:16 PM Post #582 of 1,193
  Yeah., they seem to be the best of both worlds.

Today I tried to do some some A/B with the Havi B3 Pro1 and the CKR10, that turned out not to be easy: each time I put the Havi's in the ear they felt so bass light as if something was wrong with them and each time I put the 10's in all I could hear was the bass. I just gave up but I think it's safe to say that these two are polar opposites in the world of IEM's, yet they're both very good.

Definitely no overlap, which is good because down the road makes it easier to decide which one to keep and which one not :wink:  Otherwise, it's always a tough decision with overlapping headphones.

Jan 12, 2015 at 12:22 PM Post #583 of 1,193
Definitely no overlap, which is good because down the road makes it easier to decide which one to keep and which one not :wink:  Otherwise, it's always a tough decision with overlapping headphones.

Valid point. These two are just excellent complements to each other. We're one is weak the other is strong and vice versa, which means no one has to go anywhere :wink:

Jan 12, 2015 at 7:30 PM Post #584 of 1,193

Received my CKR 9 LTD

After compared them with my CKR 9 and my CKR10, definitely this one is my choice
The sounds is like the hybrid between some of the CKR9 sound combined with a bit of CKR10.

It has touch of CKR10 sweetness in vocal, and yet still retain the clarity and detail of CKR9 and if my ears hear it correctly, it even improves them quite a bit

Love it

Of and and I'm using my JVC spiral tips right away.. not bother to use the stock one.

Here's my CKR 9 and CKR10 not being used anymore
Planning to give them to my brother

Jan 12, 2015 at 7:37 PM Post #585 of 1,193

Received my CKR 9 LTD

After compared them with my CKR 9 and my CKR10, definitely this one is my choice
The sounds is like the hybrid between some of the CKR9 sound combined with a bit of CKR10.

It has touch of CKR10 sweetness in vocal, and yet still retain the clarity and detail of CKR9 and if my ears hear it correctly, it even improves them quite a bit

Love it

Of and and I'm using my JVC spiral tips right away.. not bother to use the stock one.

Here's my CKR 9 and CKR10 not used anymore
Planning to give them to my brother

Well, hey, if you're giving them away, just shoot me a PM. 
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back