Review: NwAvGuy's O2 DIY Amplifier
Dec 28, 2011 at 9:54 PM Post #241 of 1,550
Willakan, it could be anything in the chain, including the recording. Freddie Mercury was notorious for his sibilant vocals.

Dec 29, 2011 at 4:30 AM Post #242 of 1,550
Forgot about the recording! I'm clearly spending too much time on audiophile sites...

Dec 31, 2011 at 9:29 AM Post #245 of 1,550
Listening breifly to my O2 trying to get my head around its popularity.   It is very transperant,  one can distiguish between my cheap DAC vs my expensive one very easily.  But I can't get beyond the sibilance mentioned earlier,  maybe its something else causing it but it isn't there with my other amps.  The amp has amazing clarity but is sharp as a knife.  I guess it deserves more time.

Dec 31, 2011 at 9:38 AM Post #246 of 1,550
While waiting for my Dacport LX to arrive, my PlayStation 1 is so clear, good soundstage and very good instrument separation with the O2, it brought the prat factor to my songs (as clear but there is sibilance), most importantly I am enjoying it .

Dec 31, 2011 at 1:22 PM Post #247 of 1,550

Quote:
Listening breifly to my O2 trying to get my head around its popularity.   It is very transperant,  one can distiguish between my cheap DAC vs my expensive one very easily.  But I can't get beyond the sibilance mentioned earlier,  maybe its something else causing it but it isn't there with my other amps.  The amp has amazing clarity but is sharp as a knife.  I guess it deserves more time.

Really?  I don't get any sibilance with my Sennheiser 558.  Are you using a headphone that is naturally pretty bright?  I don't use the 558's much because i find it a little boring for the music I like, but definitely not getting any sibilance with them.

Dec 31, 2011 at 3:23 PM Post #249 of 1,550
voldemort often recommends the dacport or the hrt streamer line
he also liked that $30 behringer model that measured REALLY well but i cant remembe if its usb

as we all knoow if he recommends stuff its b/c it measures well

Dec 31, 2011 at 6:10 PM Post #250 of 1,550

Quote:
voldemort often recommends the dacport or the hrt streamer line
he also liked that $30 behringer model that measured REALLY well but i cant remembe if its usb

as we all knoow if he recommends stuff its b/c it measures well

This is the one he recommends. At least for the cheap price. http://www.amazon.com/Behringer-Control-UCA202-Audio-Interface/dp/B000J0IIEQ

Outmeasured the expensive uDAC-2. 

Jan 1, 2012 at 5:11 PM Post #252 of 1,550
I purchased on O2 from a builder in England, and it stopped working after only a few hours use.   I assume I cannot mention the builder by name since they are a sponsor here at HF.  The builder is not returning my emails.  

Jan 1, 2012 at 8:00 PM Post #255 of 1,550

Quote:
I purchased on O2 from a builder in England, and it stopped working after only a few hours use.   I assume I cannot mention the builder by name since they are a sponsor here at HF.  The builder is not returning my emails.  

silly question but have to ask.. maybe the batteries just need charging?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back