REVIEW: Nuforce NE-7M iPhone IEM vs Denon C700 and Klipsch Image X10 (NE-8 Impressions Added 1/15/09)
Oct 9, 2009 at 1:33 PM Post #751 of 854
New owner too! (NE-6M) First impressions can be described as: holy cow
If we talk value here, NE-7/6M should be priority. I am also a new W3 owner and I can say that Nuforce don't dissapoint even with W3 by my side :O

These will be my backup IEMs (for travelling, parties etc)

Oct 9, 2009 at 8:17 PM Post #752 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by iDark /img/forum/go_quote.gif
New owner too! (NE-6M) First impressions can be described as: holy cow
If we talk value here, NE-7/6M should be priority. I am also a new W3 owner and I can say that Nuforce don't dissapoint even with W3 by my side :O

These will be my backup IEMs (for travelling, parties etc)

Glad it is working out for you. It is a good value.

Oct 10, 2009 at 3:59 AM Post #754 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by tom1l21 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How do the included black "olive tips" compare to the shure olive tips?

I pre-ordered my NE-7M before they were released or including any foam tips, and have only tried the Complys T400 tips which work well. The Shure black olive tips wont fit because the Shure tip's stalk is narrower than the NE-7M sound tube.

Oct 10, 2009 at 11:43 AM Post #755 of 854
I seen someone mention that the comply tips have about a 3mm gap to the base of the ne-7., I was able to push the tips so that they became flush (check this pic http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/3888/2pushedtips.jpg). Sorry about the long link, I posted this from my BlackBerry. Note that the left tip isn't deformed from pushing too far, I just didn't let enough time pass for it to completely reform. I can't tell if the sound is much different, but will try to do some testing. Pushing the tips all the way on will widen the diameter of the tip's tube, actually making it easier to remove when its pushed back to its normal position without being loose. I am using TX-400 btw Amazon.com: Comply Tx-400 Foam Tips (Black): Electronics .

Is it possible to mod the olives to fit the 7m?

Oct 10, 2009 at 6:38 PM Post #756 of 854
Quote:

I seen someone mention that the comply tips have about a 3mm gap to the base of the ne-7., I was able to push the tips so that they became flush (check this pic http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/3888/2pushedtips.jpg). Sorry about the long link, I posted this from my BlackBerry. Note that the left tip isn't deformed from pushing too far, I just didn't let enough time pass for it to completely reform. I can't tell if the sound is much different, but will try to do some testing. Pushing the tips all the way on will widen the diameter of the tip's tube, actually making it easier to remove when its pushed back to its normal position without being loose. I am using TX-400 btw Amazon.com: Comply Tx-400 Foam Tips (Black): Electronics .

Is it possible to mod the olives to fit the 7m?

You'd have to do what the Ultimate Ears owners do, cut out the center of a foam tip that fits, and install and glue it into the center of the Shure black foam tip - an endeavor that I don't think is worth the time when you can buy Complys for them.

Oct 13, 2009 at 2:46 PM Post #757 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You'd have to do what the Ultimate Ears owners do, cut out the center of a foam tip that fits, and install and glue it into the center of the Shure black foam tip - an endeavor that I don't think is worth the time when you can buy Complys for them.

This is a bit off topic thread-wise (but currently on topic as the discussion is concerned), are the shure foam tips more comfortable than the tx-400's? They seem to bother my ear after 30 mins. Not sure if its the size (300 vs 400 vs 500) or the T vs Tx, but wouldn't mind giving the foam tips a mod since they will last much longer than any of the comply tips. I generally use medium sized silicon tips as a they are most comfortable size wise. Does that correlate with 400 sized comply tips?

Oct 13, 2009 at 2:49 PM Post #758 of 854
Quote:

This is a bit off topic thread-wise (but currently on topic as the discussion is concerned), are the shure foam tips more comfortable than the tx-400's? They seem to bother my ear after 30 mins. Not sure if its the size (300 vs 400 vs 500) or the T vs Tx, but wouldn't mind giving the foam tips a mod since they will last much longer than any of the comply tips. I generally use medium sized silicon tips as a they are most comfortable size wise. Does that correlate with 400 sized comply tips?

To my ears, the complys are more comfortable but seal less than the Shure. The 400 is slightly bigger than the medium silicon, but it should even out as complys are so soft, and need to push against your ear canal to make that seal.

Oct 13, 2009 at 8:19 PM Post #759 of 854
Quote:

Complys are more comfortable, and if you clean them in H2O2 (hydrogen peroxide) they get clean and look like new.

Oct 13, 2009 at 9:19 PM Post #760 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Complys are more comfortable, and if you clean them in H2O2 (hydrogen peroxide) they get clean and look like new.

I've actually done that with hydrogen peroxide on a pair of my T-400 (Not the Tx-400's). I noticed that they became a bit squishier, do you notice that as well? I made the mistake with one pair by cleaning it with isopropyl alcohol, it melted the tip immediately
frown.gif

Oct 14, 2009 at 8:51 PM Post #762 of 854
I am truly thankful to HeadphoneAddict for this review thread.
I was looking for a good headfone with modest pricing as of now. A good headfone like W3 or something of the same league is gonna be in my next purchase maybe in 2-3 months.. during Christmas.

I am happy with my Nuforce NE-7, using it with my iPhone 3GS.

Sir, i have two questions for you, I wanted to order the The Comply Foam tips.
And i am confused between T-400 and TX-400, the only difference between both is that TX-400 comes with an Integrated Wax Guard, i was wondering if The wax guard is any good as compared to the non-wax guard i.e. T-400, and if the wax guard did not block the sound coming out of the earphones. Also, or shud i go for 32c shure's tips?

The other question i wanted to ask is, i see there is lot of support for Grado Headphones, and W2 earphones.. Or is there anything else that u recommend, the kind of music i listen to is.. Rock, Metal, Techno. I am looking for the best (all round) sound any earphone/headphone can offer.. Surely below 500 dollars, and i dont have much knowledge abt Custom IEM's/headphones, i guess the max i can do go for a branded one. I dont wish to have a lot of earphones.. though would like to have the best sound with just another one earphone... which i can use for couple of years. (i know the second question may sound stupid, but i am a noob)
smily_headphones1.gif
Hence pls pardon my ignorance on this subject.
redface.gif

Also do i think using an Amp will make difference with Iphone 3gs, kindly guide on which i can go for?

Oct 14, 2009 at 11:09 PM Post #763 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by holyindian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am truly thankful to HeadphoneAddict for this review thread.
I was looking for a good headfone with modest pricing as of now. A good headfone like W3 or something of the same league is gonna be in my next purchase maybe in 2-3 months.. during Christmas.

I am happy with my Nuforce NE-7, using it with my iPhone 3GS.

Sir, i have two questions for you, I wanted to order the The Comply Foam tips.
And i am confused between T-400 and TX-400, the only difference between both is that TX-400 comes with an Integrated Wax Guard, i was wondering if The wax guard is any good as compared to the non-wax guard i.e. T-400, and if the wax guard did not block the sound coming out of the earphones. Also, or shud i go for 32c shure's tips?

The other question i wanted to ask is, i see there is lot of support for Grado Headphones, and W2 earphones.. Or is there anything else that u recommend, the kind of music i listen to is.. Rock, Metal, Techno. I am looking for the best (all round) sound any earphone/headphone can offer.. Surely below 500 dollars, and i dont have much knowledge abt Custom IEM's/headphones, i guess the max i can do go for a branded one. I dont wish to have a lot of earphones.. though would like to have the best sound with just another one earphone... which i can use for couple of years. (i know the second question may sound stupid, but i am a noob)
smily_headphones1.gif
Hence pls pardon my ignorance on this subject.
redface.gif

Also do i think using an Amp will make difference with Iphone 3gs, kindly guide on which i can go for?

I don't know much about the new Complys tips with wax guard yet. I'm sure I'll buy some eventually, but for now I don't know if it blocks any sound. I like the NE-7M sound with both the Complys T400 and Shure E2c silicone tips. So which you get depend on whether you want more comfort with more time and two hands needed to compress the foam tips and inserting the earphone, or a quick one handed insertion into the ear with the silicone tips.

As for what to get next for under $500, I would go straight to either the UE4Pro or JH5Pro custom IEM for $399 + impressions ($30-50), and skip the best universal IEM. The combination of the custom IEM plus the NE-7M should cover most musical genre and musical tastes, and the customs will perform quite well with the iPhone or a home amp.

Oct 15, 2009 at 1:16 AM Post #764 of 854
Thank you so very much for the response. I am just falling in Love with my ear phone, now i am getting excited abt buying UE4Pro or JH5Pro!! I am surely gonna go by your suggestions... and will be buying on christmas.
What is the good source to get them??

The ebay seller you mentioned fplstore on another thread is selling these E2c tips with three sizes, S,M,L, which size should be good enough?

There is another seller who is selling the same tips 9 PAIR / 3 SMALL / 3 MEDIUM / 3 LARGE / TOTAL OF 18 PC.. for 6.99

Shure Black Soft Flex Sleeve for Ec2, SCL2, Earbuds - eBay (item 150368423885 end time Oct-24-09 16:21:12 PDT)

You think these are genuine ones??

Or should i stick to the one you mentioned.. cos he does give a guarantee of the product to be a genuine one!!

Oct 15, 2009 at 3:58 AM Post #765 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by holyindian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thank you so very much for the response. I am just falling in Love with my ear phone, now i am getting excited abt buying UE4Pro or JH5Pro!! I am surely gonna go by your suggestions... and will be buying on christmas.
What is the good source to get them??

The ebay seller you mentioned fplstore on another thread is selling these E2c tips with three sizes, S,M,L, which size should be good enough?

There is another seller who is selling the same tips 9 PAIR / 3 SMALL / 3 MEDIUM / 3 LARGE / TOTAL OF 18 PC.. for 6.99

Shure Black Soft Flex Sleeve for Ec2, SCL2, Earbuds - eBay (item 150368423885 end time Oct-24-09 16:21:12 PDT)

You think these are genuine ones??

Or should i stick to the one you mentioned.. cos he does give a guarantee of the product to be a genuine one!!

I can't tell by the description if they are genuine, although the ones in the photo look like them. I sent this seller a message asking him if they were genuine Shure brand or a third party manufacturer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back